“Took far too long to be given a room”

Pullman Paris Centre - Bercy
Ranked #241 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here at the same time as both a major conference and a big show at the Bercy Arena. When I arrived (at around 18:00), I was told that they could see my reservation but had no room allocated at that time and "to come back later". I really had to pressure them to get an estimate of the delay and was told to come back in about an hour.
I went to a local restaurant, had some dinner to pass the time and returned to the hotel at around 20:00. There was still no room and I was now told this was due to technical problems. At this point, a manager appeared who was very apologetic and found a corner of the bar where I could get power so that I could do some work. Eventually, I was given a room at around 22:30. I was very thankful of this at this point as it had been a long day and I had to be up reasonably early the next morning for meetings.
The room, when I finally got there, was very nice and I slept very well. The location of the hotel is very close to both a metro station and quite a few restaurants which was all in all, very convenient.
Despite a good room and a good location, I am not sure I would look to stay here again after my room problems. I was not happy that it took a lot of effort to find out how long the delay would be and how wildly inaccurate the initial estimate was. Things did get a lot better once a manager was involved though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
h2192-qc, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Centre - Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Pullman Paris Bercy. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your waiting time upon arrival. This experience does not reflect the level of service we usually strive to provide in our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future and to show you the true "savoir-recevoir" Pullman.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were on a Globus tour and stayed at the Pullman Paris Bercy June 8th thru June 11, 2013. Before the trip I checked out the hotel on line and was very impressed and looked forward to staying there. The Lobby and entrance were beautiful but our room was on the first floor, shabby is the correct description. The air conditioning did not work and we did not want to open the window because we were on the ground floor. The floor lamp never worked, the other lights were very dim. We would never recommend this hotel because of the room. Breakfast was very good and the staff behind the desk were excellent. J. Clark

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank judy c

Dear Ms. Judy Clark,

Thank you for you review of your stay at the Pullman Paris Bercy. I am very sorry to read that you did not like your room, yet freshly renovated. We have taken good notes of your preferences and for your next stay with us, we will do our best to allocate your room on a higher floor. You can rest assured that your satisfaction is our very first priority.
However, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakast and I will gladly share your compliments with our Front Desk staff.
We hope to welcome you back soon at the Pullman Paris Bercy.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

On the 17th May this year I booked my three sisters and my twin brother into the Pullman Bercy Hotel. My brother and I were celebrating our 60th birthday. We decided on Saturday 18th which was our actual birthday to celebrate the occasion by having dinner in the hotel restaurant. There was only one table occupied when we entered the restaurant and we were shown to a table tucked away in the far corner very close to a door which the staff continually used. It was very cold and there was no ambience. We ordered wine to drink with our meal which the waitress brought to our table and after 10 minutes she came back and opened the wine as the restaurant was not busy we failed to see why she took so long to open the wine. More guests started to arrive and we noticed that not only were they being served with there starters but some were actually having there second course. After one hour of waiting for our meal to arrive one of my sisters asked the waitress if there was a problem with our order. She did apologise but it took a further twenty minutes before our meal arrived, unfortunately it was absolutely cold. I was totally disappointed and very hungry. I didn't complain directly to the waitress I went straight to the reception desk. When I went back into the restaurant the waitress wanted to know what I would like to do I told her we couldn't eat the cold food and I was totally dispointed that our celebration was ruined and that I was going to bed, she did offer me a club sandwich which would be sent to my room, this I found to be an insult. The whole weekend took a lot of organising as we all live miles apart from one another and my twin brother had come over from Australia and we were all looking forward to celebrating our special birthday but just one night ruined he whole weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bobbytheboot

Dear Guest,

Once again, we would like to apologize for the fact that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations. As soon as we received your first comment, our Outlets Manager was alerted and you can rest assured that this experience does not reflect the level of service we strive to provide here at the Pullman Paris Bercy.
I wish to reiterate that we would be very pleased to welcome you back and show you our true "savoir-faire". I will be glad to personnally take care of your booking.
Thank you again for your feedback, which help us to contiuously improve our quality of service.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel staff has excellent customer service and was able to assist our group in making changes in our itinerary to visit EuroDisney and the transportation options to travel there. Anoup, at the front desk, helped us, step by step, in making the changes and displayed the overall quality of service for the entire hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
h2192-qc, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Centre - Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Randal F.,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of our hotel. I shared your compliments with our entire team and especially with Anoup who was glad to help you with all the arrangements. We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My room was very nice, especially since I was lucky enough to get upgraded to a two-storey room with floor to ceiling windows with a great view of Paris. I had a coffeemaker with a selection of coffee pods, American outlets, a stand-up shower and a bathtub that overlooked the city. The staff was very friendly and spoke excellent English. There were nice restaurants across the street in the Village. On the downside, the hotel gym never had water, the gym bathroom was always locked and they never took my laundry, despite multiple calls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mjfore
h2192-qc, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Centre - Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your impressions about the Pullman Paris Bercy. I am delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your upgrade in one of our newly renovated Duplex Suite, which indeed benefits of a stunning view of Paris. Moreover, I have gladly shared your compliments about the service of our staff with our entire team.

However, I would like to apologise for the fact that the water fountain was empty in our Fitness room, even though they are always some bottles of water available on the side. As for the laundry, I can assure you that your experience does not reflect our true level of service and I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our room was comfortable and well appointed, and the public spaces were attractive. The people at the front desk and concierge's desk were very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately, neither the concierge nor I could rouse housekeeping from their stupor to cure two problems. Our hair dryer wouldn't work, and the facial tissue was not replaced. Good location near a metro and the pleasant Bercy Village group of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear William C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Pullman Paris Bercy.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and the helpfulness of our Front Desk team. However, please accept our apologies for the few issues that you had in your room.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity the serve you better and to show you the true "savoir-faire" Pullman.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were in this hotel for two nights on Chirstmas. We had two connecting rooms. As we traveled with four children! Rooms were very clean and the hotel staff friendly, also children-friendly!! Breakfast was great too. I have traveled a lot to Paris and was looking so long for a good but not too costly hotel. Well, now I found it. We left the car in the hotel and visited Paris by Metro (Underground). This is THE place to stay when wanting a 5 star hotel at less than 150 EUR which already includes breakfast. I had two rooms and we were with six people in total. Could not get it better. Metro station is just two minutes away.

Room Tip: We had two connecting rooms and managed to stay with six people in it!