“An unexpected pleasure!”

Ranked #100 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“An unexpected pleasure!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Staying here was completely unexpected as the hotel I had booked chose to take a higher paying customer for 2 out of my 5 nights stay - quite a common practice apparently. They arranged for me to stay at an equal standard of hotel, for the 2 nights and paid for taxis to transfer me and my luggage. I was dubious, checked out the Regina online and was pleasantly surprised! When I arrived, a warm greeting and a genuine delight in giving me a really lovely room was much appreciated. The receptionist said to me that although I wouldn't have a view of the Paris Opera like at my original hotel, she was quite sure I would not be disappointed. When I entered the vestibule of room512, I could tell I was in for a treat. Situated in a beautiful 18th century building opposite the Louvre where it meets the Tuileries Gardens, it was a stunning and convenient location. The room itself was spacious although sparsely outfitted but tasteful and comfortable. The bathroom was fabulous with bath and excellent amenities including classy toiletries, Laduree cookies and bathrobe & slippers. I have saved the best for last, when I opened the lovely window and looked out, there were the Tuileries, the Louvre and a fabulous view of the skyline with the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't have been happier or more relieved. Charming,quaint and authentic property, quirky but high quality service. I would definitely stay there again! Merci!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the tower!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KiraBeauty
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear KiraBeauty,

Thank you for the positive feedback of your recent visit to the Hotel Regina in Paris. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted to read your appraisal of our Suite Tour Eiffel, team, services and location. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. Our hotel is still owned & managed by the same French family over 4 generations and our entire staff works everyday to recreate the feeling of being welcomed into a luxurious family home for our guests.
We are over the moon to be called by a Top Contributor with 105 reviews : " Charming, quaint and authentic property, quirky but high quality service". We really appreciate your nice comments and we should reward you for this praise! We might used some of your words on our facebook page if you don't mind.

Again thank you for the courtesy of your time and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at the Hotel Regina. À bientôt !

Sincerely Yours

Hotel Regina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
sydney
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay of 2 nights at this hotel. The one drawback was the noise at night from the street (lots of sirens) and from the adjoining fun fair in the Tuileries Gardens, which stops sometime around 11pm. I was alone and had a lovely small but well equipped room with a window that opened. I had views of the Louvre and the gardens. It was very clean and comfortable and it had a large bathroom, which was not new but was fine. The bed was great. I was happy to pay for the hotel's breakfast because I do not agree there is anything in the nearby area to equal it if you want nice fruit and cereal and the option of something hot to eat. If you go to a cafe, it's not as easy to eat healthily in Paris - focus is on pastry! The hotel is right next to the Louvre and the lobby is quite beautiful. The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Would go back again!

• Stayed July 2013
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Aussie guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful comment of your recent stay at the Hotel Regina.It is a marvellous feedback of your parisian experience with us and we are thrilled to know " you would go back again".

We are glad to know you enjoyed your comfortable room with view of the Louvre & Tuileries Garden. Sorry if your experience was a little impacted by some noise during the night. The Fun Fair last only 2 months during summer but thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please note that we have already scheduled to put double-double glazed window next year in this room and probably others. We pride ourselves on the calm and quiet that our guests enjoy in their room.

Thank you for outlining the quality and variety of our breakfast, including healthy options ( fruits, yogourt, breads and even organic cereals) ...and of course for a real taste of France, guests can savor our croissants, pain au chocolat and even sometimes some crêpes !

We were pleased to hear your praises for the attitude of the staff here at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff who were humbled and pleased to have received such high commendations.

Again thank you for taking the time to write this nice comment on TripAdvisor.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to your new home-away-home in Paris.
À bientôt , see you soon !

Yours sincerely

Belgium
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Regina for 3 nights. We chose this hotel because of the location. However we were not prepared for the wonderful experience. We had booked the romantic package in a Deluxe room but when we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to an "Eiffel Tower Suite". On the corner of the Place des Pyramides and the Rue de Rivoli our room (115) gave us wonderful views of the Tuileries, Eiffel Tower as well as the Louvre with a wraparound balcony as well! Despite the noisy surroundings the double windows kept the sound completely out. The period furniture really threw us back to the early 1900s when the hotel was built. However what we really liked was the cosy and relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast room is simply from another time: excellent and friendly service, quiet and cosy. In this hotel you never feel rushed or just a number. More like a real guest. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back to the Regina.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view on the Tuileries if you like a view. If you want a really quiet room then ask...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear valued guest,

On behalf of the entire team of the Hotel Regina, I would like to thank you for this extremely enthusiastic and heartwarming review. We are delighted to read that you had a " wonderful experience" and that every aspect of your stay was up to your expectations.

We are glad to know you enjoyed our " historical milestone" . Did you know that the Hotel Regina was opened in 1900 on the occasion of the Universal Exhibition and is still managed by the same French family over 4 generations?
The hotel boasts one of the best locations in Paris, amidst all the symbols of French culture: it is across the street from the Louvre and just a few steps away from Concorde, the Comédie Française Theatre and the Garnier Opera House.

Art Deco & Classical culture is ever present at the hotel and blends harmoniously with rather more contemporary touches. I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade to our corner Suite Tour Eiffel and that you experienced a quiet, cosy and relaxing atmosphere.

As you kindly mention, we do our best to cater to every special request and to offer a true personalized and " real" experience to each of our guests.
We were delighted that you found a sincere natural warmth throughout the Hotel and that you never " feel rushed" . This is by far the most important objective that we have daily, to show that genuine interest in going beyond what is normally expected.

Again thank you for the courtesy of your time and for posting this nice review on TripAdvisor.

Be sure it will be our pleasure to serve you again in your own private Parisian retreat.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at the Hotel Regina Paris.

Sincerely Yours,

Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Regina the first week in July 2013 at the recommendation of a travel agent. I could not have been more pleased! I stayed in room #419 with a view of the Eiffel Tower and the Tuilleries Gardens below.....lovely. Upon arriving, a beautiful welcome package awaited me. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous ( and the pastries...heavenly!), but a bit pricey, so I wouldn't advise using it every morning as there are many cafes within a short walk. The location was perfect....right across from the Louvre and the gardens, and a short walk to Musee D'orsay. A short walk to the Metro and in the other direction, Rue St. Honore (Shopping!) The hotel staff, most of whom spoke English, were most gracious and helpful, and the concierge a valuable resource....he scored me tickets to Moulin Rouge with a private limousine with a day's notice! The room was lovely and elegant, with a "turn down" service at night. I would stay here again and again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Surprisingly quiet for such a central location (right in the heart of Place de Pyramides). Rooms wit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Llamafocs
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dea Llamafocs,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Regina and for your praising review. We truly appreciate your lovely comments and were thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
For sure your travel agent is a “star” for us because he/she gave you a good recommendation by choosing our hotel. Merci !

The Hotel Regina is located in the heart of the trendy, historical and cultural Paris. Our location is a key asset to the hotel and we are always delighted to hear of a guest making the most of all that the surrounding area has to offer. I am sure you enjoyed the shopping in the famous Rue St Honoré…especially if you were here at the beginning of the summer sales!

We were delighted to read your kind comments about our quiet comfortable rooms with beautiful view over the Tuileries Garden, evening turndown service, delicious breakfast and most importantly we were over the moon to learn that our staff have met your every needs. We all work daily to make each of our guests feel at home, so your nice compliments are a great reward to our continuous efforts to meet our clients' expectations.

The service and warmth of our concierge team “Clés d’Or” is one of the points on which we get the best feedbacks. They are always glad to help our guests to reserve restaurants, shows, exhibitions ... and to discover Paris " out off the beaten track" for a real taste of France!

“Highly recommended” and “would stay here again & again” …this is the highest accolade we could receive. Thank you so much.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paris at the Hotel Regina for another seasonal treat.

With warm wishes,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Regina Hotel last spring and couldn't have been happier about my choice of hotel. It is perfectly located to many important sites and my room had a view of the Eifel tower. We had the breakfast package and it was yummy. the bathtub was very small but not a deal-breaker. staff were courteous and friendly and the hotel was very clean.

Room Tip: Don't take the rooms on the higher or highest level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for making the Hotel Regina Paris your home in the capital and for sharing your experience in such a lovely way.

“Best location in Paris”…yes, the Hotel Regina is very lucky to be located within walking distance of numerous places of interest, monuments, museums and also just steps away from Paris's most exclusive shops, such as Hermès, Chanel, Dior, Armani, Gucci and Cartier in Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and Rue Royale.

It's a pleasure to read you enjoyed the Eiffel Tower view from your room...don't you think that's the best view to fall in love with Paris?? I’s a shame you are not here this weekend to watch from your room the fireworks for our Bastille day celebrations…or on July 21st the arrival of the Tour de France passing in front of the Regina! Do not hesitate to follow our activities on Facebook; we will put nice pictures of these events.

It’s good to know you found our breakfast ”yummy”. Did you have the chance to taste our Ladurée pastries & ice cream served at the bar and at our restaurant? If not you should definitively try them next time you are staying with us.

We are delighted that you particularly appreciated the quality of service, cleanliness of the hotel and our courteous & friendly staff. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Regina in a not too distance future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this nice comment.

Kindest regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is difficult to find any location in Europe that will accomidate a large group, but Regina was exquisite. Our family and extended family (group of 20) was able to stay in the Family and Eiffel Tower Suites very comfortably. The concierge was an excellent resource in planning activities such as tour guides, french cooking classes, taxi services and dinner reservations. You can not beat this location or the gorgeous veiws (walking distance to many museums and beautiful views of the Eiffel Tower)!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda D
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Linda D,

We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay at the Hotel Regina. It was a real pleasure for us to welcome you and your family members.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed our spacious Suites Eiffel Tower and family rooms. Indeed the Hotel Regina offers good options for families including connecting rooms. It’s a shame you are not here in Jaris during July and August. At the Regina the children are the stars, and as their parents do, they enjoy VIP treatment ! So this summer the hotel celebrates its youngest guests by launching a kid’s playroom from July 13th to August 26th 2013. Designed for the happiness of all, your juniors will have their own space to play with a large variety of toys, books and entertainment while older will enjoy consoles, video games and DVD. The playroom is opened daily and is free access. At tea time, a complimentary snack is offered to children.
For sure they will love their trip to Paris …at the Regina!

Paris is regarded as one of the most romantic, stylish and exciting cities in the world, and the Hotel Regina is perfectly placed to discover numerous Paris attractions.

Our Concierge team is brilliant at recommending the best Paris has to offer and we are thrilled that their advice enhanced your trip to the capital. We work daily to create an unforgettable experience to each of our guests. Your nice compliments on our service & staff are a great reward to our continuous efforts to meet our clients' expectations.

We all hope that you had an incredible time in Paris and that we will be able to welcome you back to The Regina on your next trip to “the City of Lights”.

Sincerely Yours
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had to go to Paris for work, but I couldn't find a good solution close to Opera and not to expensive. At the end, I've found this hotel with a very good offer.
Furthermore, when I arrived, they offer me the best suite at the same price as the hotel was full.

It's not of the modern hotels we are now used too, but for Paris it's even better.
Great quality, staff very friendly ans skilled.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear LaGioooo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your postivie review of your first stay at the Hotel Regina.

The central location of our hotel is ideal for both the business and leisure traveller, easy access (subway Tuileries or Palais Royal) and within walking distance of many of Paris’s iconic sights, including the Louvre Museum, the Tuileries Garden, La Comédie Française, Concorde, the Opera... as well as shopping in the famous St Honoré street or boulevard Haussman (Galeries Lafayette, Printemps) or even St Germain which is 10 minutes walk from the hotel. So many things to see and do in Paris...and so many reasons to come back!

We are delighted that you particularly appreciated the quality of service, the thoughtfulness and professionalism of our staff...and above all the update to one of our lovely spacious Suite.
We aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible and are delighted to hear your every need was taken care of.

Again thank you for the courtesy of your time and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at the Hotel Regina. A bientôt!

Sincerely Yours,