“Great Location and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Regina Hotel

Regina Hotel
Ranked #108 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent a week at the Hotel Regina May 2013 with my daughter. I was able to book a room directly with the Hotel and secured a very competive rate. I read the reviews and asked for a room with a view. The room we were given was spacious by American standards - we each had our own desk/vanity area and closet area. The view was breathtaking - everything you would want from a Hotel in Paris. We could open our windows and let in the fresh air or close the drapes which kept the room quiet and dark. Everything was taken care of with meticulous attention to detail and if it were only the beauty, charm, location, location, location and wonderful room I would not hesitate to give the Hotel an A+ but the staff makes it so much more and will keep me coming back again and again. The ease in booking directly with the hotel and the kind and generous help by the Concierge department made our trip what it was. From the day we booked the hotel we were given a key to the city - ballet tickets were secured, restaurant reservations debated and secured, there was no question too trivial and we were able to plan out our trip and then enjoy it during our stay. Each day we received a new map to go with our reservation and not only was the food truly wonderful but the restaurants chosen stayed well within our budget. I feel that I have made friends - people who cared that our trip was all it could be, people who loved Paris and wanted to share the beauty and magic of the city with us. I will always go back to the Hotel Regina and cannot understand some of the reviews that I read. Is the hotel slick and new - no, it is a historical building which is kept immacutely clean and charmingly, romantically authentic. My sheets were soft, my bed firm, my towels plush. I was greeted by name each day - I am not sure how they remembered everyone, but this alone made me feel at home. Do yourself a favor - see the real Paris and let everyone at this wonderful hotel help you marvel at the beauty and charm. Thank you, Hotel Regina - I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Splurge for a room with a view - I promise you will not be disappointed as the view itself is breath...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne1327
SAREGINA, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Suzanne,

We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay at the Hotel Regina.
We feel honored to be given an " A+" for our location, charm, beauty, attention to details and staff!
That's even better than receiving a "Golden Palm " award in Cannes !!

We pride ourselves on our service, so always love to hear that our guests everything request were met. It is through such thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service each day. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of them, especially our concierges team and let them know how appreciative you were of their services.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and to making our hotel your " home away from home" while travelling in Paris.

Hotel Regina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, but the rooms are hit or miss. We had several different rooms for our party. One was nice with a good amount of room and a nice view. The other old and no view at all. The wifi and lobby are great meeting points. Steer clear of the bar. It's overpriced and not worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank balletrfs17
SAREGINA, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback on your stay at the Hotel Regina. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.
The Hotel Regina was built in 1900 and each room is different (views, décor...) so it's not always easy to give 2 rooms similar during peak month. However we took note of your remark regarding the difference between the rooms of your party and we apologize if you were not totally satisfied by your rooms allocation.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and to show you that we do pay attention to your comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a most enjoyable seven night stay. We had a deluxe room with king size bed that provided more space than anticipated. Location great - within walking distance to most sights. Staff was very helpful and spoke enough English to meet our needs. Only complaint would be AC not on and room was very warm but able open window at night since we overlooked the courtyard. Our room was always clean and extra towels provided promptly when asked. The hotel is very charming as is. If you want new this is not the place for you. This was our first visit to Paris after a week in London. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and stay here again next time in Paris.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan R
SAREGINA, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Regina on your recent visit to Paris.

We were touched to read your kind words and very positive feedback. We are happy you liked your room and our ideal location close to all main tourist attractions, shopping areas and restaurants.

We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and that our level of service reached your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments on Tripadvisor.

The entire team of the Hotel Regina is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I could not have loved this hotel more!

We stayed at Regina last week. Everything about it exceeded my expectations and was a perfect representation of what you'd think and old Paris hotel would be. The hotel was big enough to make you feel that you're getting your money's worth, but small enough to be able to call it "charming" and know you're experiencing Paris as it should be. It is a beautiful place. The staff was friendly, accommodating and very knowledgeable. Everyone spoke English. I was very impressed that whenever we walked through the lobby they said hello to us by name. As other reviewers have said, the location is just right with a metro station VERY close.

I believe we booked one of the most inexpensive rooms and found the room that we got to be much bigger than we were expecting. The bathroom size was also decent. Our room was on the "1st floor" (actually about 3 floors up though) which I would recommend because the stairs were right there (not a creepy hotel stairway) and we never had to wait for an elevator. We had a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

I'm surprised that other reviewers said that the hotel needs an update. It's an OLD hotel. Any more of an update would ruin the charm in my opinion. I will say that the Regina is old and that's why we loved it. There was nothing about it that we felt was in disrepair. It was very clean and we loved the old tiles and furniture. Just loved it!

The noise: Yes, it was noisy when our windows were open, but got quieter as the night went on and traffic died down. This is the price you pay for having such a perfectly-located hotel. We had spent our days trudging all over Paris and we fell asleep the minute our heads hit the pillow. The noise was NOT a huge issue for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suitcasetricks
SAREGINA, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Regina for your parisian gateway and also thank you for posting this beautiful and positive review on Tripadvisor.

It was a real pleasure to read about your impressions about our " charming" hotel with a unique decor & atmosphere. This is exactly the authentic " French Art of Living" experience we would hope to create for our guests.
We were trully delighted to know that you appreciated our central location,our service and your accommodation overlooking the Tuileries Garden and the Eiffel Tower. Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Hotel Regina for your next stay in our lovely " City of Lights".

Sincerely Yours,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

A short celebratory trip to Paris was the perfect excuse to spoil ourselves staying at this Hotel as its not by any means a budget hotel.
Having said that you get what you pay for, generally luxurious surroundings and absolutely excellent service from all members of staff.
My only complaints were outside traffic noise was a problem which meant we had no source of air circulation in what I would only class as a comfortable room and also the plumbing was a little difficult to negotiate by way of hot and cold water flow.
But having said that it is worth treating yourself if only for the delicious complimentary cheese straws that accompany your drinks in the sumptuous bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dive0407
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review about the Hotel Regina regarding your recent stay in Paris.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us for you special celebration. Your wonderful comments on our service and staff are the best compliments you could ever make to us. They are a nice reward to our continuous effort to meet our clients' expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we are all looking forward for your return...with another glass of wine & good french cheese!

Kindest Regards,

North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for its size, price, and location since we wanted to be near several museums. The concierge answered my questions on restaurants before arrival and assisted us in making advanced reservations at two top restaurants. Consequently, we had ideal tables at each place. The stunning views from our window balcony made each day start and end with pleasure! Everything during our stay was perfect! We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: I requested a higher level room with garden view, away from the elevators and was thrilled when we a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LZiehl
SAREGINA, Responsable relations clients at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Regina during your recent stay in Paris and thank you for sharing your experience in such a lovely way.

We are all delighted to read you liked our location, room and service. Our Concierges Clés d'Or are always glad to assist our guests to book top restaurants or to recommend them new options. They are also happy to give them advise on the current events and expositions.

We work daily to create an unforgettable experience to each of our guests. Your nice compliments on our service & staff are a great reward to our continuous efforts to meet our clients' expectations.

We are glad to read that you are impatient to come back. The entire staff of the Hotel Regina is looking forward to your next visit . Be sure it will be a great pleasure to serve you again in your own parisian gateway.

Sincerely Yours,

Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I always stay at the Regina when we visit Paris. I have reviewed the hotel on several previous occasions. We book deluxe rooms, which are in general more spacious and updated than the standard or superior rooms. Many of them have lovely views. We received excellent service again on this recent visit. The first room we got was on the smaller size but very pretty. Unfortunately, and uncharacteristic of this hotel, our neighbors on either side of of our room were extremely loud. One rude neighbor threw a party that first night, keeping us up for hours (We saw eight or nine empty bottles of wine outside their door the next morning...!). The following morning I explained the situation to the woman at the front desk. She could not have been more sympathetic and apologetic. That afternoon we moved to another deluxe room, this one larger than the first with even a nicer view. The entire staff is gracious and professional to us. I have commented on it before in another review, but the housekeeping at The Regina is superb. Our room was made spotless every day. We are looking forward to returning the hotel in the fall. Thank you, Hotel Regina, for yet another wonderful stay in your hotel.

Room Tip: Splurge and book a deluxe room or suite, which in general afford larger spaces and better views. Be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kenya2010
SAREGINA, Directeur général at Regina Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear loyal guest,

I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review about the Hotel Regina... again and again!

Needless to say, I was thrilled that you had a memorable experience and that you found the staff friendly and professional. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with all the team.
I was deeply touched to read that it will be certaintly not your last stay among us. We will always do our utmost to ensure you have another wonderful experience in Paris.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back again for your ninth stay at the Hotel Regina...hopefully in a not too distance future!

Yours sincerely,