“The location was very convenient.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg

Hotel les Jardins du Luxembourg
Ranked #1,092 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“The location was very convenient.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Despite the fact that my hotel room was kind of small, the location was great with a 10 min walk to reach Notre de Dame de Paris. The Jardin de Luxembourg was 100 yards away.
The front desk manager at night was very friendly which made a big difference for me.
Nice place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The location is great (morning runs in the Jardin de Luxembourg), the room was so comfortable, and the staff was supremely helpful. I will stay again next time in Paris on business. I would not stay here with my young children - rooms too small and I saw no children although it was not tourist season. I ate breakfast one day at the hotel, the price is a little high but it was a generous breakfast. Also - it is very easy to get to the hotel from CDG on the RER.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JMBD
Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Thank you Aurore/Reservations for your prompt/efficient correspondence to assist us with our booking.
I liked the calm & quiet atmosphere of this hotel - considering its location in the Latin Quartier.
Everything about the room & en suite was comfortable & functional.
Front Desk personnelle - the only ones we met - were very welcoming.
I would recommend it for anyone else visiting this area.
Merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: We did not eat at this hotel as we were visiting a friend who lived nearby. There was no pool here...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Portola Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in Paris and this one is well worth it. The rooms are classic, smallish Paris rooms, however the furnishings are pleasant and the desk staff is superb! We stayed five nights which allowed us to see much of Paris and to get familiar with the local area restaurants. The quiet dead end street was a plus and the breakfast staff was more than accommodating. I'll be here again at my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lucy M
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After I arrived in Paris, I saw that I could easily find something better for the same price just few blocks from this place. Old place, decadent decoration, the elevator seems that it is going to break every time I get in there, etc. I would say it is a 1-2 stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MSantichio
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Me and my Mum stayed at this hotel in late November for 3 nights and had a great time. We had really struggled to find a decent hotel in this area around our budget of £300 for 3 nights and I was so pleased when I stumbled across their details on a comparison site - which I actually got cheaper by booking direct with the hotel.

The location was perfect - we were travelling by RER from the airport and the train stop is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We were slightly confused finding the hotel because some of the reviews on here said it was next to a main road and noisy - so we were looking for a main road - it's really not, it's on a one way street. We were in a room facing the street on the first floor - the closest you could get and we experienced very very little noise.

The staff are all extremely polite, check in was very fast and the hotel clean. Yes the room isn't massive, but European hotels aren't but the bathroom was large although it was a bit strange that the shower didn't have a door so water went everywhere. I have stayed in far smaller hotels in Italy so this wasn't an issue at all.

The hotel recently was refurbished so we had a lovely newly decorated room with a massive photograph of a fountain on the Place de Concorde behind the bed. The room was a little cold but as soon as I put the thermostat up this was quickly sorted. There was also a large plasma screen TV on the wall - I amused myself watching the French versions of Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing!

We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that - we ate in small cafes in the local area. The location of the hotel is brilliant - just off the main road between the gardens leading towards Notre Dame with a number of restaurants and 5 minutes from the Latin Quarter - as two women on our own this was perfect.

Overall we would definately stay here again, fantastic location and great hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FoodieHarrogate
Key Biscayne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

When we stayed in this hotel (Fall 2013) this was -and by far- the best combination of cost/location and quality. That is why I give it 4 stars. To top it all the staff is absolutely first rate. And Sigmund Freud (one of my heroes) stayed there so my Dreams were informative and relieving (jaja) Now for the minuses: the rooms can be small (you should ask for the ones directly on the street they are full of charm!) and the bathrooms even more (I am 6'1 and it was a challenge to take a shower). And there is the Wifi provided by your favorite incumbent phone company (Orange) that was totally substandard (I was told it was going to be upgraded). Unless by budget improves significantly I will continue to patronize this hotel.
PS The restaurant in the basement serves a reasonable breakfast but if you want "real Paris flavor" go to the little cafe at the corner or the one in front of the the Luxembourg....

Room Tip: Specifically ask for "bigger rooms" in top floors
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family