“Enjoyed our stay.”

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Ranked #309 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My husband was in Paris on business and I decided to join him. We used Marriott points. We stayed here 2 nights. I think it was, literally, the first day they reopened after a renovation. The paint was still wet in the lobby.

I believe they upgraded us because we had a loft style, 2 story room. The stairs are extremely steep - I would not recommend for elderly or children. In fact, my 40 year old husband fell down the stairs in the middle of the night!

I thought the hotel was very nice. We were there in Jan. but I bet the courtyard in the back of the hotel is exquisite in the spring and summer. Very close to the Eiffel Tower. Exceptional bedding, 2 flat screen TVs, new bathroom.

We had the buffet breakfast (complimentary for Platinum members) and it was very good.

If I am ever so luck to go to Paris again I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank familyoffiveTampa_FL

Reviewed October 22, 2008

I decided to stay here since it was a Marriott property and I needed a few extra nights to requalify for Marriott Rewards Platinium. A co-worker booked here, and our corporate travel rate beat the rate on the Marriott website by 49 EUR a night. I stayed at this property from a Wed to Sat (paid, business), and then I stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche on points for an additional three nights.

I arrived early on the flight from Dallas, but I only had to wait 5-10 minutes for them to finish preparing my room. They said they put me in a superior room, which overlooked the courtyard. The room came with a queen sized bed with a flat screen tv, sitting chair, desk, and a small bathroom with a shower (no tub) that drained slowly and leaked lots of water on the floor. Although the bathroom was a bit small (as typical in Paris), it was decent and functional.

The queen size bed was quite comfy.

As a Marriott Platinum, the breakfast buffet was included (otherwise would have cost 27 EUR) since they do not have an executive lounge. The corporate travel website said that internet was included, but it was not.

Transportation access isn't bad. The hotel is between the Victor Hugo and Tracadero metro stops. There are a couple of grocery stores nearby (a Fran Prix and a 8 à HUIT).

I would stay here again, but it would not be my first choice. I prefer the Marriott Rive Gauche, which I stayed at on this trip using Marriott points. It is usually cheaper, they upgraded me to a suite, and they have an executive lounge with free internet access in the lounge and two computer terminals if you don't have your own laptop. The location of the Marriott Rive Gauche slightly beats the Renaissance - the 16eme arrondissment doesn't do much for me. The Marriott Rive Gauche has great airport public transporation options with the Orly Bus stopping right in front of the hotel and Denfert-Rochereau a moderate walk away to take the RER B to CDG.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank consultantguydfw
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Excellent location in Paris.
The rooms are not so huge but are reasonably sized and very quiet. The beds are superbly comfortable.
Service is efficient and friendly.
The restaurant is rather expensive but excellent and the cuisine is terribly creative.
Unfortunately, the rates are rather high, which is getting more and more usual in big cities like Paris.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank jnha
Reviewed October 3, 2008

Upon check in we found the hotel staff to be very cold and somewhat unfriendly. The room was TINY - although the furnishings were nice, the room was clean and the bathroom was very nice. We also found the room to be quite noisy. Our room overlooked the interior courtyard - activity starts in this courtyard very early in the morning with staff rolling carts, and people eating breakfast. Throughout our 4 night stay here, the staff was continually very cold and it seemed many staff did not know what they were doing. On the plus side, we really enjoyed the location of the hotel which is somewhat off the typical tourist path in Paris. The hotel is just minutes from the Eiffel Tower and about 10 minutes from the Arc de Triomphe. Two metro stops are also very close by. We enjoyed exploring the Trocadero neighborhood.

2  Thank amcolo
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Lots of pros and cons about this hotel, but my bottom line is that we had a terrific stay. This was our 3rd time using Marriott points in Paris, we have previously been to Place Vendome, which we love but never get a great room there.

Okay, PROS first:
Excellent location, quiet side street, near Metro, Eiffel Tower, cafes, walk to Musee Marmottan, Passy & Bois de Boulogne.

Largest room I've ever had in Paris. Junior Suite room 172 has nice windows overlooking the courtyard, quiet, with trees in front for privacy, good light. A hallway/entryway, separate WC from bathroom, sitting area, decent closet space, fabulously comfortable bed, fridge/mini-bar, about 5 English TV channels, more than most Euro hotels. Nice bathroom, 2 sinks, good counter space.

Good internet connection (but you have to pay).

Completely free using standard Marriott points, including large breakfast for two every day, delivered to our room. LOVED that.

Pretty good service. They really try to please, but I will never understand why top Elite status Marriott members hve to beg for decent rooms.
Our building had a courtyard entrance, not having to go through the lobby after dinner, which I loved. Still very convenient to lobby for stopping at concierge, etc.

CONS:
I had called in advance, arrived at 4 pm, didn't get room of choice but did have 2 options. Other rooms not ready. We are Platinum Elite members so you would think we'd get the best they have, but those rooms never seem to be ready.
Rooms do not look as spiffy as on the website. When Renaissance took them over in April of this year (2008), they replaced carpet and drapes but haven't "renovated" the rooms, as it says. Bathoom was marble but had NO electrical outlet. Hallways are tired, need painting, not a glamorous, 5-star atmosphere, but typically French and definitely not depressing or seedy. Small lobby, just a few chairs, not fancy at all, but I don't have a problem with that.

If you don't want your room sprayed with perfume, make sure to tell them (ech!!!). They do it when they clean and turn down.
$20/day charge for wireless.

It took a day to get A/C working properly and all the lights on.
Dining room is not open Sunday/Monday nights.

Overall, it was a pleasant, light, comfortable room with plenty of space for our three weeks worth of luggage, clothes, toiletries and chargers. We ended up being very happy there after the initial battle for the best room we could get.

4  Thank UpgradeQueen
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We recently returned from 10 days in France. For 2 nights we stayed at the Hotel Le Parc. It is in a beautiful and quiet area off Victor Hugo. Easy access to the Metropolitan station. It has a great courtyard for having an evening glass of wine or dinner. Unfortunately, when we were there the weather was a little cooler so we were not able to enjoy it as much. The staff was very helpful. The week before we had stayed at the Le Grand, Intercontinental Hotel. It was also very nice, but was about $200 more per night than the Le Parc. The Intercontinental was located by the Opera House and was an excellent hotel. However, all in all I would probably return to the Le Parc on my next trip to Paris due to the lower price.

2  Thank gwillen100
Reviewed September 13, 2008

My wife and I recently spent 7 nights at the Hotel Le Parc in Paris, and I believe the easiest way to write this review to separate the hotel into GOOD and BAD. So...

The GOOD...

1. As stated in other reviews, the hotel is in a good location, close to the Eiffel Tower, Champ d'Elysees, and Arc d' Triomphe. The hotel is also close to several metro and bus stops (including Tour Buses)

2. The rooms are small compared to other Marriott-owned hotels in the US and Asia, but adequate for any major city. The bed is comfortable, the rooms are clean, and housekeeping does a good job of making sure rooms are turned down and cleaned properly on a daily basis.

3.The hotel restaurant is pricey (see BAD section below), especially considering the hotel restaurants ranking as an okay "19" for food by Zagat. On the bright side, there are plenty of better priced/better quality restaurants within walking distance, or just a metro ride away.

4. There is also a local grocer about two blocks past the hotel which sells water (1 Euro for a 16 oz bottle), cheap wine, champagne, sandwiches, and snacks. Toward Victor Hugo Circle, there is a pharmacy as well as a bakery (which has the BEST chocolate croissants - 1,25 Euros).

5. The entire staff was English speaking, and for the most part was very friendly, and willing to help with any request.

The BAD...

1. The hotel is over-priced. Not the room rate (you need to expect certain costs for certain types of hotels, especially in major cities), but instead the restaurant, bar, internet, movies, mini-bar, etc., etc., etc. For instance, 1 hour of internet access is $7 Euros, which may not sound like a lot, but considering other Marriott owned hotels offer FREE internet, the extra cost seems unreasonable and overpriced. In addition, a drink at the bar comes at a price premium of nearly 400% as compared to the cafes, bistros, and restaurants only a block away.

2. PHONE CARDS - My wife and I bought a local phone card to call the United States. The card was 7,50 Euro. We asked the concierge where to purchase the card, followed his instructions, and came to find out (from the same concierge), that the hotels computer does not allow Phone cards to be used (See over-priced section in The Bad #1). The hotel even tried to charge my wife and me for trying to use the card (but they were nice enough to not charge us the fees).

3. Limited Tour Arrangements. The hotel only teams with one tour Company (or at least that is what were told), so plan your days prior to arriving in Paris, or be prepared to pay double.

OVERALL - ABOVE AVERAGE

Paris is an easy city to find cheaper alternatives to the expensive hotel offered services, which help you overcome the hotels flaws. With that, the hotel’s location, friendly staff, and nice rooms, make it above average, and worth your consideration for your stay in Paris.

2  Thank akdaley2003