“Good Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane
“Good Location”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had booked a junior suite which was beautiful. The decor of the room was lovely and had an iron and ironing board (which I am finding more and more hotels won't provide anymore). The hairdryer was great - plenty of power, not like the usual dryers that push out a puff of air :) The bed was very comfortable. We ate breakfast at the hotel. A little hint - if you are only a small breakfast eater - which we are - just ask to pay for your cornflakes, toast and tea etc. - it works out cheaper :) Why pay for something you aren't going to eat.
The hotel was in walking distance to the Trocadero and some lovely restaurants. We ate lunch at a restaurant (which unfortunately I can't remember the name), which was on a corner about two blocks away, but on the opposite side to the hotel. The food was lovely, presentable and the staff very friendly. We had dinner at Cafe Trocadero and the food was amazing. We had a table near a window so were were able to watch the world go by and we had a view of the Eiffel tower, which was a bonus :) Definitel try the honey glazed roast lamb - YUM!!

I would definitely suggest a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business. I was unable to use most services owing to a lack of time, however, the room was very comfortable. The bed was massive and very luxurious.

The reception staff were extremely polite and courteous. I was impressed. The bathroom was exceptionally well equipped.

The only negatives for me were the traffic noise, which I can see being a problem for some. I could also hear a conversation from inside the hotel so maybe soundproofing could be beefed up.

Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I took our children (8, 10) for a long weekend in Paris and stayed at the Renaissance. I would recommend the hotel for a number of reasons: the suite worked great for our family (we got an extra cot and had plenty of room), the location is a very easy walk to a metro or major site, the area is quiet, clean and safe with a convenience store a block away. Normally we don't like restaurant recommendations for local restaurants but we were very pleased with the local bistro we were sent to. The hotel garden is very nice as is the bar area and restaurant. The concierge has a laptop to conveniently book tickets in advance to major sites - which we did for Versailles. The only negative part of the trip was our check-in. We had called and emailed in advance that we would be arriving early and requested the room - which was not available (that's not the hotel's fault). Where things went off the rails was when we were told to come back around lunch and the room would be ready - we actually came back closer to 3pm and the room still wasn't ready. We were exhausted and actually stayed on the couch in our room while the cleaning staff finished the room - we just couldn't move! Overall - I would recommend the hotel and will look at it again the next time we're in Paris.

Room Tip: If you're a family with children - you want a suite. If you are used to North American size room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Really good location! Two underground stations nearby, we used Hugo station. Also If you like to walk you can walk to most places like we walked to La Fayette (took us about 45 min, side seeing too!). Hotel itself great! Outstanding service, including bartender. I don’t remember his name but most of the time young bartender served us with great English accent. He was well-mannered and charming!
Breakfast has good and quality selection. Rooms small but comfy, very clean and nicely decorated!
The only downside is internet. I travel a lot (business mainly) and this is the only hotel I’ve been in the last years that charges for internet connection! It’s around €20 a day. My roaming charges are way less than this!

Room Tip: Some top floor rooms have a view to Eifel Tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was tired of reading about the 'location' of hotels in Paris, a city where you can't swing a cat by the tail without hitting a 'metropolitain' station, which basically renders this type of discussion meaningless. The Renaissance Trocadero moves the needle in so many other factors: comfort, amenities, service, cleanliness, shower head, staff, bar... everything was excellent!!! We are a family of four and had a hard time finding a good hotel to accommodate all of us in one room, and this one was simply impeccable. It's been recently renovated and is superbly managed. Oh, and for those who want to know about the 'location', all you need to know is that it has a fantastic location in the 16th Arrondissement, right in the middle of an upscale block with a Catholic church across the street, and a supermarket, boulangerie, pharmacy and five brasseries only a block away (at Victor Hugo square). Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the internal garden.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AACN
Baltimore
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We, a family of four, spent three wonderful nights at the Renaissance Trocadero. The staff cannot do more for you. The location, in a beautiful residential area close to the Eiffel Tower, was perfect, quiet with lots of eating and shopping options. My daughter and I shared a junior suite, beautiful room overlooking the courtyard, it was perfect. I've never written a review for TA but felt so appreciative of this hotel and the wonderful staff that I had to share our experience. Hated to leave and determined to return.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank StoneyRun
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

So I've reviewed this hotel twice before, and this time I'm only going to focus on a couple of things that were different this time or that I think I should highlight.

First, I just read the book "Heads in Beds" and got the message loud and clear that no one actually remembers you when you've stayed in a hotel before a couple of times a year at most, even though the front desk will act like they do for your ego boost. And I understand that. But in this case, I have to say it wasn't true. They remembered me as soon as I got out of the taxi - the bellman and concierge didn't have to look me up and see that I've stayed here before. They didn't remember my name, which is totally normal and expected, but they did remember that I'd stayed there before and the kind of things I like to do when I have spare time. They also remembered (well, this was probably in the computer) that I like to be in the main building. Still, I was impressed.

Love this concierge. He was enormously helpful when it came to helping me decide where to go and what was happening and the most efficient Metro route to take to get there.

Also, the concierge was enormously generous when offering to print a whole bunch of documents for me on his own printer. Which was wonderful of him to offer, but I had over 100 pages. Which brings me to my next point - there's no business center in this hotel. There are some places in Paris with internet cafes, or the Office Depot on the next block might be able to help if you email them the docs or give them a stick, but you can't access your email account and print the document yourself. So keep this in mind and prepare accordingly if you think you may need business services.

As always breakfast rocked. Room 117 is really small though, I don't really care about room size in Europe, it's not about the size of the room, but this was the smallest one yet. The onion soup au gratin is really good, if you want low key room service one night.

Fitness center is 24-7 with room key. Elliptical was great. There is also a treadmill and a bike, and weights with a small bench, and towels and water cooler where you can get your cold water flat or fizzy, which I really want to have in my house! It's not huge and some people who got there after me had to wait to use the machines because it's just one of each but I was fine.

Yes, I'll be back!