“Great Location and Great Staff”

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Ranked #313 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for one week in October and again for another four days when we returned to Paris. If we were ever to return to Paris, this would be the hotel we would choose.

First, the staff is first rate. We arrived in the a.m. after a long flight. Sonia, the person at the check in, offered to give us an immediate room or if we wished to wait until the maids arrived she would upgrade us to a better room. We chose the upgrade and Sonia offered us a free breakfast for waiting! All of the staff go out of their way to be helpfull.

The rooms are well a furnished and very comfortable. The rooms are all clean and fully furnished with all the necessities.

The location is excellent. Close to the Eiffel Tower and the Metro.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are more quiet than rooms in the front. However, rooms in the front...

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This small, lovely hotel in the 16th arrondissement was perfect for us. It is located in a lovely neighborhood, accessible to metro stops, but away from the glitz and noise of a busy street. The staff at all levels, from front desk to restaurant to maids were warm and friendly. Although I speak some French, they were perfectly comfortable conversing in English. I must have mentioned it was our anniversary, as the first evening they brought in a small bottle of Champagne and chocolates with their compliments, as well as having a congratulatory message waiting for us in our room.

Room Tip: Our room was over the courtyard which was lovely and quiet.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed her for 4 nights in Aug. 2012 for work and I highly recommend it. It's an elegant hotel, with terrific service by all, very nice room of decent size, great location, great courtyard where I ate breakfast (which was very tasty). My room faced the street and while I thought the street noise would bother me it didn't--the din of the cars constantly passing was tuned out. I moved to this hotel from the Marriott Rive Gauche, and the Renaissance was a world above. I'd return in a second.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Excellent hotel. It is centrally located between the Arc de Tiumphe and the Eiffel tower. The welcoming staff were excellent. The concierge was most helpful in finding the locations we wanted to go to. We were, however, disappointed that there was no executive lounge where we could entertain guests we were introducing to this hotel.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is absolutely fine, the staff were all helpful and the rooms was a good size and very comfortable. However, as a place to hold a business meeting for around 12 people it wasn't one I'd recommend. The neighbourhood is first rate, but the room rates reflect that to the point that I winced when handing over the company credit card! The bar and restaurant facilities are pretty limited and lunch was not great. All in all, I would always prefer the Rebaissance Arc de Triumph which is not so far away and a better place to meet.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my second stay here, for work - I also stayed here early this year, also for work. I know people like hotel chains for consistency of quality (although I tend to like the little homey places), but what I can say for this is that I liked it quite a lot last time, and it has only gotten better. This time, the prices were crazy high, and if it wasn't for work and the arrangements being made for me and the great location, I'm not sure I'd stay here because of the expense. But since I did, if you can afford it - I felt very well taken care of here.

Reception/check in - I thought they were super nice. I came in on that 6 am flight someone mentioned, and I had no expectation that my room would be ready - but I did have hope (when I came in early in February my room was ready for me!). It wasn't ready, but they were so, so nice about it. They gave me free breakfast that morning, and also a free day of internet. So I ate breakfast and played online for a couple of hours, and watched thousands running the 20k race right down Raymond Poincare, and then at 10:30 my room was ready. They were really apologetic, but they had no reason to be at all, I was very very grateful and glad that they make getting people into their rooms before the check in time a priority. Later, after I did get my room, they came by with a note from the Director of the hotel, a yummy chocolate thing, and a small bottle of house-distilled gin. And I'm not special - they did the same for my colleagues. The concierges I'd say are a mixed lot. A couple of them were great. One day I ventured out to the flea market at Clingnancourt and the bellman cautioned me to be very careful on the metro and at the market about pickpockets. (Absolutely justifiable warning, though I take the metro and go to Clingnancourt regularly, so I wasn't worried.) This is what I mean about feeling like they are taking care of you.

Room - A number of people have made comments about room size. It's Paris. Rooms are always tiny. I've stayed in probably 30 hotels in Paris in the past 10 years or so and rooms are always small. So let's just stipulate this and move on. I was in the main building and overlooked the courtyard. I didn't have any problems with hearing any noise outside my own room. I felt the housekeeping service was really good. Loved loved loved my big fluffy bed with its big fluffy pillows and crisp sheets and duvet. One day I had the DND tag on the door because I didn't think I needed cleaning every day - I don't clean my own home every day - and that evening Housekeeping called me and asked if I didn't want my room cleaned, they were here at any time whenever I wanted to have it cleaned, any time. It was super nice! My room was smaller this time than last, but I didn't feel claustrophobic or anything. It had all the same amenities as last time - tea tray, Evian bottle daily, slippers and robes, a safe and minibar with space for your own sodas (bahind a cabinet), a flat screen TV with a multitude of channels, bath amenities including conditioner, lotion, shampoo and shower gel - and bath salts! - big closet with lots of hangers. The water pressure was always good and the hot water was super hot - hardly needed any for a nice warm shower. I didn't get the room service this time either, so I can't speak to this.

Amenities - This time I did get to spend a very little bit of time in the outside courtyard area, where you can get drinks and relax on lounges and chairs. It was really nice. I didn't spend any time at the gym this time. I'm still annoyed by the ridiculous internet charges - 100 euros for the week, 20 for 24 hours, 7 for one hour. There's really no reason to charge this, especially when they are so willing to comp a day of internet for any issues you have.

Breakfast, as before, was quite good. The fruit they served was unbelievable, so juicy and sweet - you'd never know it was out of season. The same variety - vegetables, eggs, marinated mushrooms, all kinds of breads and pastries, grilled tomatoes. One day I had crepes, they do crepes and omelettes on request at no additional charge.

Location - Of course, this hasn't changed either. It's such a great location, near at least 3-4 metro stops, three grocery stores, all kinds of attractions, various walkable places.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank philsdottir
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in Suite 110. I thought that the property was lovely. Staff were very helpful especially the concierge. The Trocadero is a quiet section of Paris with probably the best views of the Eiffel Tower. Great cafes and restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. One night we dined at the restaurant and we were very happy with the food and the service. I look forward to returning!