“The Best Grand Palace Hotel in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Paris Le Grand

InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Ranked #218 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
NY/Westport/Provence
“The Best Grand Palace Hotel in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I have said it all in my previous two reviews but I was back in Paris last weekend and spent two nights. First, the reviewer who said that they don't live up to Prioirity Club rules must have been incredible obnoxious or not a platinum member. With all the amazing things I've written about this hotel I can add that as a priority member, , I was upgraded three levels up to a Jr Suite. I wrote a letter thanking the General Director and I received a bottle of champagne! No..I have never met M. Laure, but I certainly admire how he runs this best of the best...in Paris. Read my previos reviews if you want to know the 'real deal' about the Hotel that I return to several times a year when I am in Paris.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeTerrible

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

It's a perfect location (2 blocks from the 2 largest shopping centers in Paris). It's a classic hotel redone in 2003 -- the lobby bar is beautiful, with an all glass atrium ceiling, and the room floors are well maintained.

The rooms are small -- our double bed was quite tight for myself, my wife, and our 3 month old sleeping in the middle. But the bathroom was quite magnificent, with good sized tub AND shower (and L'Occitane products).

Most impressive was the service. From check-in to check-out, we were well accommodated, even thought I was using 2 free nights. They found a room for us to check in earlier before noon. They answer the phone in 2 rings, at 6:30 in the morning to have housekeeping to bring up a kettle. They helped us countless time bring our baby buggy out of the hotel. And they let us check out at 3pm when leaving.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels, and for the first time in a long time I didn't feel like staying at a chain hotel while staying at a chain hotel.

Well done Paris-Grand. We'll be back.

Mr. Valueseeker

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

We have very much enjoyed our stay at Intercontinental Le Grand.
The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, the rooms are very comfortable with good size bathrooms for Paris standards.
We had a room with inside view on the cafe/lobby which was very quiet and calm.
The staff was friendly and helpfull at all times. Location in central Paris is the best!
Only minus I can think off: internet is not for free and no coffee/tea making facilities in the room.
Would definitely come back here if I can!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

PRIORITY CLUB MEMBERS BEWARE.....this hotel will not honor the same amenities you get in the states...and will make no bones about it.Platinum members are treated like regular street customers......no newspapers,no business ctr access,no continental breakfast,...and a charge for everything..The worst hotel experince in my life....and I am diamond on hilton honors,platinum on SPG Starwood,and holiday inn..Avoid if at allpossible

4 Thank tstar2
, Directeur Qualité at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Tsar2

Thank you for your comment.
We are surprised to learn that you feel not having been recognized as an active Priority Club Member.
At the InterContinental Paris Le Grand we are invested to respect the standards and service owed to our loyal customers.
All our guest have access to our Business Center, however it is correct that free continental breakfast is not provided as it is not a standard of the Prioority Club program.
Should you decide to give us a second chance (which we hope) we remain at your entire disposal.

Kindest regards

Krumma Jonsdottir Director of Quality
jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

my husband and i spent the weekend in paris at le grand hotel for the second time ,the standered of this hotel didnt change ,exellent .we stayed in the standerd room very nice , spacious and clean .breakfast was excellent , the location is the best in paris ,sightseeing and shopping.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

Spent a long weekend at the InterContinental with four of my girlfriends. We had a great time in the city of Paris but our trip was marred by unfortunate circumstances once at the hotel. I used my credit card once the whole trip and that was to leave it with the girl at the front desk of the hotel. I found out when I returned home that I had over $10,000 in unauthorized charges on my account as well as an $800 fee for services rendered at the hotel. None of which we were responsible for. My credit card company is giving me a hard time but will probably ultimately relieve me of the charges. And last but not least our rooms smelled like cigarette smoke...oh well, we were in Paris after all. Traveler beware.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank courtsworld
dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

First off be warned if you stay on the Opera side of the hotel you will be disturbed by the vibrations of Metro trains every ten minutes all day and most of the night - we didn't sleep! And you pay more for the privilege! When we first arrived, the opulence and grandeur of the entrance and lobby (not to mention the high rates) set us up to believe that we were about to experience a truly luxurious stay. However, scratch beneath the surface and only disappointment awaits. We booked a night there for my wife's birthday at the tail end of a business trip - it was the fourth hotel between us that week - and had booked a room with an Opera view which is supposedly the highest category of room apart from the suites - so better than superior and classic etc... We were paying over 400 euros. The view of the Opera was beautiful and the room itself was spacious, very elegant, luxurious looking and beautiful. So at first we were very impressed. It turned out though that the bathroom was literally the size of a closet. We asked reception if there was a room with a larger bathroom but after initially suggesting we pay more to upgrade to a suite and later insisting that the hotel was full, we got the truth that there were rooms with better bathrooms but they were reserved for VIPs. OK, so we decided to live with it, no big deal in the end.
Really it was the disturbing vibrations of the Metro that really ruined our stay in the end. The hotel should warn people who book on the Opera side of this, when we complained the staff freely admitted that this was an issue. How the hotel can charge extra for these rooms is incredible. What is the point of a great view if it feels as if there are minor earthquakes going off every ten minutes.
The final disappointment was the quality of food from room service - edible but truly disappointing given the prices.
Overall, the staff were very polite but frankly I felt that the hotel is so big and so busy that they have no real reason to be helpful, they gain nothing from it, which is a shame because so many people had told me the hotel is good and I had stayed there almost ten years previously and remembered it to be good. However, we will never recommend it or stay there again.

3 Thank mustafarawi
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Directeur Qualité at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Mustafarawi,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
At the InterContinental Paris Le Grand we offer 470 guest rooms.and suites, no 2 rooms are 100% identical.in shape or size. As you mention in your comment we do have rooms facing the magnificent Opera Garnier and guest are able to request this view. You are also right that like almost every building in Paris the metro is present in the underground. However the trafic is reduced as of 10pm and unexisting during the night.
We regret that you felt uncorfortable in your room due to the metro and the size of the bathroom, and that you did not appreciate the quality of the food served by Room Service.
We hope that you are ready to give us a second chance to show you that we are devoted to serve our guests and meet their expectations.
Sincere regards,