“Paris hotel luxury”

InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Ranked #220 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I have just come back from a trip to Paris for the first time - I know I shouldn't have got to forty something without going there, but thats life.
Stayed at the Le Grand, which is just opposite the Grand Opera. It is a beautiful luxurious hotel and I could have stayed for ever!
It is only 2 minutes walk from the bus stop that goes to Charles De Gaulle (in fact we drove to the airport and parked there, getting the bus in/out was fantastically easy).
The room was beautiful, it helped that we got an upgrade being Priority Club members.
The concierge team were fabulous, very helpful, even helping us book another hotel in France for other nights. They sold tickets for all the attractions, a couple of euros more than at the attraction itself but then you don't have to queue. In fact at the Eiffel Tower we walked straight in through a VIP lane! Very cool!
Had lunch in the restaurant on the Sunday and I have never tasted such a beautiful steak, plus the mashed potato was divine. the restaurant staff were attentive and professional without being stuffy or overbearing. Not at all the stereotypes of French waiting staff.
Loved the place and would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2008

The InterContinental Le Grand is a very large hotel - but (other than when you're hiking to your room!), you feel like its a much more intimate property. Very impressed with the rooms -- modern bathrooms, very comfortable and beautifully appointed. Not to mention a nice size for Europe! You can walk to the Louvre and the Opera House is just across the street. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Le Grand hotel, Paris. After booking it I read some reviews about the shower leaking and the staff being unfriendly but nothing can beat a stay at this hotel, it's definitely a 5* experience and every member of staff I spoke to was fantastic.

When we arrived we were 2 hours early and our room wasn't ready so, as we are priority club members, we were given a free upgrade and complimentary late check out.

The hotel is everything you would expect - within 10 minutes of being in our, absolutely exquisite, room our luggage was delivered by the bell boy and the head of housekeeping called by to make sure everything was ok (it was).

The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in and was freshly changed every day when we went out. And when we came back from our evenings out, housekeeping had been in and closed the curtains and turned down the duvet.

I wouldn't advise eating or drinking in the hotel too often or your room bill will be huge (12 euros for 50cl Kronenburg/48 euros for breakfast) but there are several restaurants locally that are very reasonably priced...the Gallopin is a 10 min walk and the food is to die for (3 courses + wine & coffee came to 148euros), Chez Clement is just over the road and is not bad either. On our last night we visited the Drouant which is a very classy place but has a very limited menu (a bit more expensive than the others but still reasonable).

Also, the concierge at the hotel are the most helpful people I have ever met and will book a table at any restaurant for you and call you a taxi (you'll get a better service at the restaurant if you do it this way).

You can also buy tickets for loads of monuments like Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Moulin Rouge, Seine River Cruise Evening Meal (expensive but worth every penny) and queue jump everywhere (you'll appreciate it at the Eiffel when the queue is going right around the monument).

A fantastic hotel - only complaint would be that at £600 per night I'd like to be able to make a cup of coffee in a morning (although extensive mini bar - no kettle/coffee etc).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlsween
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Accustomed to business travelers but ideal for romantic couples, the hotel's most appealing aspects are its club level lounge with complimentary full breakfasts (hard to find in Paris), the resident Cafe de la Paix (and the obligatory fruits-de-mer), and high-floor rooms that sit eye-to-eye with gilded sculpture atop the old Paris Opera, the view just spectacular. Avoid lower level rooms which are directly above the Metro and run the risk of disturbing vibrations.Recently renovated and spotlessly clean, the hotel also had a helpful concierge and an adequate health club/workout room. While it does not have the pedigree of the Ritz or the Meurice (if you're looking for it), it also lacks their pretense and eye-popping prices.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NiceNYer
Reviewed June 23, 2008

When in Paris I have always alternated between the Grand Hyatt Vendome or the Le Grande. I have travelled to Paris many times, usually in summer for the TdF and always on vacation. This year I was with my wife who is newly pregnant and had not been to Paris before. I chose the Le Grand because of its proximity to the Grande Boulevards - my wife is quite the shopper and it is an easier walk from the Le Grande.

As per my last stay here - July 2006 - the full package was excellent. We stayed in an Opera facing Junior Suite - ( I was upgraded from an executive room due to their record of my frequent stays - great perk for frequent travellers). The room was enormous with 3 balconies, large King size bed, dressing room, lounge, the usual Huge bathroom and great internet service.

The service at all levels was fantastic - food great, room service incredibly effecient (even brought us a kettle for my wife to boil water at 2 Am - she was feeling terribly nauseous), lobby an oasis of calm and concierge service superb.

The maid service and turn down service was excellent - the room always looked like a palace in the evenings - big bed, bigger duvet, huge pillows and gowns etc all laid out.

the rooms are sooo quiet at night and the curtains block out any night light.

we love this hotel and plan to stay every time in Paris - the Vendome is just not really worth the extra Euros per night. We will be back in July and look forward to more of the same.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Had organised this hotel as special 40th birthday trip for my wife and I and we were not let down in any way.
We flew into Paris CDG airport, caught the very busy Roissy bus and couldnt believe how close it drops you to the hotel, highly recommend this.
Upon arrival our room wasnt ready...no problem as we were offered complimentary champagne, coffee etc in the luxurious and grand lounge of the hotel, at this point you start to realise you are somewhere very special. We decided to go explore and came back an hour later and went to our room to find cases and hand luggage already there.
Room was lovely with twin balconies overlooking the Rue Scribe, excellent bed and wife loved the L'occitane toiletries, as previously mentioned room service very quick, value for money and great food.
My wife had a few treatments at the spa on the morning of her birthday and being a spa junkie she was very complimentary of the masseuse and spa staff.I would suggest booking in advance as it does get busy.
We done all the usual touristy things...louvre, eiffle tower, champs elysee and so on. Most are within walking distance if moderately fit and healthy if not Paris taxis very reasonable.
If you do plan to go to the Eiffle tower get your tickets from the concierge, they will be more expensive than the face value but you will avoid the queus...we went at 9 am saturday morning and were suprised to see at least 500 people waiting to purchase tickets, we joined the blue queue and were on the first lift up to the second floor when the tower opened at 930, we took the usual holiday snaps then took the lift to the top...we were at the top at 945am with only 2 other people...simply wonderful.
Can recommend the river cruise, we done the none stop cruise but i believe Bateaux Mouche let you "hop on and off" at various points along the river.
To summarise great City, great hotel and will definetly return soon.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

My husband and I loved this hotel!!!!! Our opera room was beautifully decorated and well equipped. Walk in closet w/safe, shelving, luggage storage, iron w/board, built in drawers, umbrella for your use during your stay and a light that automatically comes on when you walk in to it. Super comfy bed with the fluffiest feather pillows I have ever slept on and down duvet with pretty coverlet and gold satin decorative pillow. Also had lovely burgundy velvet drapes. Bathroom was almost as big as the room with bathtub and separate shower, and great amenties such as extra large bath towels big enough for two, bathrobes, slippers and best hair dryer ever! Our room had two balconies, one off the room and the other off the bathroom! This hotel has the fastest room service in existence, I think they must have a chef that cooks just outside your door. You barely have time to slip on a robe and get your tip money out before they get there! Maid service and turndown service were both excellent. Most staff speak english. Concierges are fluent. The hotel restaurant is beautiful and the food fantastic. Try the french onion soup and the asparagus with vinegrette. Some rooms overlook Opera Garnier with the hotel being 1 1/2 blocks from Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. Fragonard is across the street. Quiet rooms with double paned windows.

Stayed: May 2008