“Excellent service, great location”

InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Ranked #228 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent service, great location”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed on the left bank in Paris for the first half of my two week trip then moved to the right bank for the last half. The first hotel was lovely but the ceiling leaked! I had just done the Paris Marathon and was in desperate need of a little bit of an upgrade in accomodations. The Grand definitely fit the bill. It served my needs perfectly by way of location and service. The bathroom was laid out a little awkwardly but all the components were stellar. I loved the richness of the room, the colors and appointments were very tasteful. The beds were comfortable and fluffy. The food was very good and the service exceptional and attentive. I needed a razor and within minutes one came to my door with no charge. One thing I got my nails done in the spa in the hotel. It wasn't the best I'd ever had but acceptable and the employee was very kind.
I strongly recommend this place and while my visit was for leisure it seemed also quite accomodating for the business traveler. The lobby was packed with business people.

Room Tip: I prepaid and it was a sizable discount. It's a risk but one I am glad I took.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at Le Grand for 5 nights in July during attending a seminar. Location is perfect for those who love to shop since there are plenty of shops and department store around, e.g. Gallery Lafayette, Printemps, C&A, other brand smaller shops. Breakfast is grand and served at the famous Cafe de la Paye. Concierges are very active and knowledgeable, if you speak French, of course. I found the results were different when inquired in English and French.
Rooms are a little bit too small comparing to the hotel name. Water leak to the floor when showering. These annoyed me a bit. Wi-fi is too expensive at 60 euro/ 3 days or 26/ day and is poorly function in your room (there are internet TV, of course with equal charge). Finally, lobby are too small.
I stayed with other people money and it is good for experiencing the once a great hotel with its histories and reputation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WanchaiS
Great Neck, NY
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Just checked out of Le Grand after 5days. For over $700 a night, here is the good and bad.
Room is small. Toilet had problems flushing. Toilet and shower doors so close that if you are coming out of shower watch out. There was mold / mildew on ceiling of shower/ toilet room. There were extra charges every day on hotel bill, so we had to check and get them to take off the extra charges. Like for room service we never ordered, so be careful and check. Concierges were ok, not great.
Good: very nice location. Center of city right next to opera house. Our room overlooked the opera building. Very cool! Breakfast room magnificent and breakfast buffet was wonderful. Bed comfy. Very pretty sitting area in lobby. staff fine. Overall, we had a great stay, but I would not go back since there are many many beautiful hotels in Paris. And we loved Paris!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonsPromo
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Directeur Qualité at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear GreatNeck,

Thank you for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.
It is a pleasure to learn how much you enjoyed your visit to Paris and that you appreciated the location of our hotel as well as our services.
I regret to learn that the state of the room was not up to your expectations and apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused.
Maintenance and quality controls are done daily in all rooms and corrective actions are taken when necessary. This summer we are indeed doing some paintwork in few of our bathrooms.
Your feedback on the different elements that have already been shared with our teams are precious helping us to continuously improve in all areas.
Yes there are many beautiful hotels in Paris but we hope that you will choose us again and remain at your disposal.

Sincere regards,

Krumma Jonsdottir
Director of Quality
krumma.jonsdottir@ihg.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed here many times and we feel very much at home at this hotel. The location is excellent for whatever you choose to do. It is walking distnace to 2 of the major department stores in Paris, so it is great for shopping. The metro station is a few minutes walk which makes it extremely convenient. The rooms are all decorated beatifully with lots of elegance. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are nice and clean. The concierge is very helpful for whatever you need. The breakfast in the hotel is exremely pricy unless it is included in the room charge. So if you plan to have a breakfast in the hotel, opt fo the breakfast deal. Overall, it is a beautiful hotel and well managed, I would recommend it to everyone visiting Paris,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MiaPianist
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was my 5th stay, and i must say that sometime rooms are great and sometime rooms are in bad shape. Overall i must say it’s good because of the location, tradition and the restaurant Cafe de la Paix. tried to get a room looking at the Eifel tower or opera Garnier

Room Tip: Ask Room facing Opera Garnier
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went to the InterContinental at the end of March. The location is great; only a 10 minute walk from the Place de la Concorde. From there you can walk in any direction and discover Paris. Our room was a good size - we had a bedroom, living room, and a large bathroom. I have to say the the items in the refrigerator were prohibitively expensive. I cannot comment on the hotel food because this was a business trip and our meals were eaten at other venues. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful inside and the staff are exceptionally friendly. If you are ever in Paris, definitely give this hotel a look.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rubberbiscuit
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Always stay here when in Paris. Love the hotel.
But every time we find reception to be busy and often short staffed. This visit was no exception. We had 2 rooms which were not ready until 3.30 and 6 pm. It seemed many other guests were having a room availability problem. And expect to wait to be served.
Eventually we were offered upgraded rooms because of the delay and a free drink.
Noisy party in next function room but their children were running around the lounge at 10.30pm. In the end I told them to stop "playing" on the piano and shouting as staff seemed frightened to say anything as party goer was spending money!
Lovely decor and lounge bar.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple