$464
$298
$234
$308
  • Room Service
Hotel Magda Champs Elysees(Paris)(Great Value!)
$368
Official Site
Hotel Fabric(Paris)
$333
Official Site
galahotels.com
  • Pool
2,183 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegrand salondiamond memberheated floorsbeautiful hotelgare stmain bartrain stationusb portsduty managerconcierge deskan upgradegaleries lafayettecentral locationbreakfast roomjunior suitearound the corner
Reviewed May 12, 2017

I stayed for 3 nights at the Hilton Paris Opera during a work trip in May, and was very impressed. On check-in, I was given a basic suite, which was one very large room with a bed, small sofa, desk, and a few chairs. The room had a huge amount of space for a European city hotel, and was very well appointed and comfortable, with excellent climate control. The bathroom was also quite large, with a heated floor and a walk in shower that had great water pressure. My room was reasonably quiet-- it had an outer and inner door to the corridor, effectively blocking all noise from the hallway.

Beyond my room, I thought the public areas of the hotel looked great- it definitely had the feel of a "grand European" property, though very modern at the same time. I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which had a very extensive selection. In addition to the usual continental items, they had liege waffles, excellent cheeses, a very large selection of "Bonne Maman" jams (about 20 varieties), and a self-service leg of Iberico ham. The only thing lacking were the pastries-- only 3 types (croissants, pain au chocolate, and an apple filled pastry), and not as good quality as I usually get in hotels and bakeries in Paris).

The hotel has a small executive lounge, which is open all day, and serves some snacks and wine in the evening. The lounge was ok, but didn't really match up to the rest of the hotel, as it did not have as nice an atmosphere as the public areas, nor as good a selection of offerings as I have experienced at the better European Hilton properties.
The hotel's location isn't as central as I would have liked, but was quite reasonable, with great access to public tranportation. The property is practically on top of the Gare Lazare metro station, and is just over a 5 minute walk to the Galleries Lafayette. There is also a Pain Quotidian branch in the building, with an entrance directly into the lobby of the hotel.
Overall, I was very pleased-- my room was extremely comfortable, I was pleased with the breakfast selection, and the staff treated me well. The Hilton Paris Opera will be my first choice for future stays in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank whimsey21
hiltonparisopera, Guest Relations Department at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Dear whimsey,

What a wonderful review! We are absolutely pleased to read your comment. A huge thank you for sharing your impressions with so many details!

We are glad to see you enjoyed your room, bathroom, our breakfast buffet.
Rest assured your remark about our Executive Lounge has been shared with our F&B Department!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon in your home away from home.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

My husband and I stayed here last month on our trip to Paris, after having spent a few days at Disneyland Paris. The hotel is beautiful, the staff are all very friendly and helpful (especially Sarah at reception), and we greatly enjoyed our time there. Breakfast every morning was delicious and our room was bright and clean, even though it faced the inner courtyard. The location is pretty much perfect with Gare St. Lazare right next door and so much within walking distance. Amazingly, there were so many friendly people who were staying at the hotel while we were there -- we greatly enjoyed our stay and will definitely plan to return the next time we go to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear HulaMinnie,

A huge thank you for your wonderful review and five circle rating.
Our team will be pleased to read your comment and especially Sarah!

I am pleased to read you found our breakfast buffet, your room and our central location to your liking.

Again, feedback like yours are a real encouragement! We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian home.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

We were celebrating my parents birthday as well as my daughters first trip to Paris and the staff at the Hilton Paris Opera truly made our dream come true! Upon arrival we were welcomed by the General Manager that made us feel very special! The hotel is beautiful! Contemporary among the amazing history within! The rooms are classic and classy! We all love nice hotels, but the service is really what created the memory here! my twelve year old is still taking about the kindness of the staff at the restaurant plus great food!! Always smiling and going above and beyond! The concierge staff were very helpful directing us as well and helping us to buy tickets in advance.
This is a trip we will never forget and the staff and service of the Hilton Opera play a huge part in that memory! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Nathalia0924
hiltonparisopera, Guest Relations Department at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Dear Nathalia F,

We would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review and 5 circle rating.
We are absoluttely pleased you had a wonderful stay on the City of Lights with your family for such special occasions.

Rest assured your kind words will be shared with our teams! They put their heart into it, every single day and we are so happy to know it does not go unnoticed!

We are looking forward to welcoming you very back soon in your home away from home.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Even booking this hotel proved to be a challenge! I wanted to use my Barclaycard free night certificate, and got in touch with Hilton to ask how to book. I was informed I had to contact Hilton Honors to make the booking, as it is treated as a points booking in the system. Hilton Honors proceeded to tell me that they couldn’t make the booking, but I would have to get in touch with the property directly instead. By that time a few days had past, and the standard room category had sold out. This necessitated even more contact with Hilton Honors and the property before they finally agreed to accept my certificate as a goodwill gesture – something that was much appreciated. The reservations supervisor also apologised for the inconvenience in trying to make a booking, and informed me she had upgrade me to “VIP status”.

Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk agent couldn’t find a note of the alleged “VIP status” in my booking, and wasn’t even familiar with what “VIP status” would entail at this property. Disappointing, but not completed unexpected at this point.

The room itself was absolutely tiny, and looked absolutely stunning. There were some serious issues with the room though, that are completely unacceptable for a hotel of this price class. The only way to turn on the bathroom lights was by using the master switch, thereby turning on the main room lights. This means there is no way of taking a quick shower without waking up your fellow traveller – unless you fancy shower in the dark. Maintenance was another issues: One of the electrical outlets in the room was literally hanging out of the wall by its wire. What bothered me most though was the window. For some reason it did form an effective seal, and cold air was flowing freeing into the room through the seams making the room uncomfortably cold.

This hotel does not provide slippers, robes or anything but basic bathroom amenities in the room. All other amenities are only available upon request. After our first request, which was met with a rather poor attitude and a fair bit of eye-rolling, nothing happened. Our second request for slippers, bathrobe and a dental kit did not produce a result either. Again, completely unacceptable for a hotel in this category.

The Executive Lounge is a rather small room overlooking the main street. We only attended cocktail hour here, so cannot comment on the other offering. Staff was about 10 minutes late bringing out the drinks and canapes, and really struggled to cope throughout the evening. Drinks and food items ran out almost as soon as they were put out. When I politely asked the lounge attendant whether there was any more beer available, so responded with a loud sigh, rolling her eyes vigorously, hissing a response at me and stomping off. Behaviour you would expect from a toddler, not someone working in the service industry!

Breakfast was good, but nothing more than that. Again, we encountered service issues. We weren’t offered hot drinks until we had pretty much finished our breakfast (about 20 minutes after we first sat down), although admittedly there were self-service machines available. We did manage to flag down an attendant to order eggs (which was not easy at all), but it then took 35 minutes and two reminders to actually get served those eggs! Very poor service.

Another example of poor service was the doormen. Several times they were having a conversation amongst themselves, directly in front of the revolving doors, requiring guests entering or leaving the building to have to step around the doormen. Very poor service indeed – a doormen’s job most certainly isn’t to inconvenience the hotel’s guests!

When we approached the front desk to check-out, the concierge immediately walked up to us to offer to store our luggage and pre-arrange any transportation we might need after check-out. A front desk agent was waiting behind the concierge to process our check-out. That experience just left me utterly confused – apparently this hotel does understand good service! Too bad I didn’t experience any until I was leaving…

I have shared this feedback with Hilton Paris Opera prior to posting it on TripAdvisor, and received a copy-and-paste response saying they would try and ‘make it right’ on my next stay. Unfortunately, I see no reason to spend even more money to give Hilton the opportunity to ‘make it right’, and a copy-and-paste response really doesn’t go very far in restoring my confidence in this property.

I would not recommend this hotel, as service standards are very unreliable (and poor, if my experience is any indication of their standards) and rates are much higher than warranted by either the rooms, the location or the service. There are many superior options at a similar or more competitive price point in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2017

We felt immediately welcomed here upon arrival. The entire staff was most engaging and helpful. We felt as though they genuinely appreciated our business. After a busy day of business and sightseeing the Executive Lounge was much appreciated! They couldn't do enough for us.
J. T.
Naples, Florida USA

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonparisopera, Guest Relations Department at Hilton Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Dear JayTan2,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and 5 cirlce rating further to your stay in the City of Lights!

We are pleased to see you felt welcomed but also enjoyed our Executive Lounge after a long day visiting the wonderful Paris. Indeed, our evening offer starting from 6 to 8 pm! From 6:30 am to 8pm our Executive Lounge offers our guests soft drinks, aromatic waters and salt and sweet snacks.

Finally, rest assured your kind words have been shared with our teams!