Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres
  • Pool
$565
$511
1,140 results
All reviewsmetro stationgreat locationst germainle bon marchearound the cornermontparnasse towerthe air conditioningluxembourg gardensmini barmin walkstandard roomhotel is situatedfew blocksstreet noisecroissantsbaguetteplacide
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great place to stay in Paris. Clean Room, great location, nice lobby and very polite staff at the reception desk. We didnt use hotel bar or restaurant, so can not comment. Thank you. We will come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabourin_J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Your comments posted following your visit in June are so very appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time.

Glad you are such an ambassador for Holiday Inn Paris Saint Germain des Prés, as we know when travelling to a city such as Paris, most guests at leisure want a memorable time above all.

By your description, I think many readers would say, sounds good!

Come back and see us soon!!

Best regards,
Joel SABOURIN

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visited this hotel for 4 nights in early December. Overall this hotel was pretty average, but nothing worse. We had no problems with the room during our stay and were satisfied with the hotel and our room. The hotel lacks character and any sense of luxury, but this is reflected in the price which is why we chose it. The hotel staff were helpful and polite and spoke good english. We could access free wifi in our room which wasn't listed on the website we booked through and was a pleasant surprise.

The breakfast served was distinctly average - small selection of pastries, some cooked breakfast, a very small selection of cereals and yogurts. The breakfast also offered a small and disappointing selection of fresh fruit.

A strong point of the hotel was it's great location, it's located within a large selection of shops and restaurants, and it set just off a main road so traffic noise is minimal. The Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay and Notre Dame are all within walking distance from the hotel, and the Jardin de Luxembourg is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel and is beautiful. The metro station Saint Placide is less than a minutes walk from the hotel and has good connections to most of the main attractions in Paris.

Our room was clean but basic. The air conditioning didn't seem to work but as we visited in December this wasn't really an issue for us. One thing to be aware of is the window between the bath/shower and the main room, separated only by a curtain which is open/closed from the bedroom side of the window. This wasn't much of a problem for us as we were visiting as a couple, but I think it would bother some people, and it does create a feeling of lack of privacy. There is hardly any wardrobe space. The room comes with tea and coffee making gear and a large safe - big enough to fit a laptop in it which is helpful. I would recommend that anyone who appreciates a good cup of tea brings their own teabags as the ones on offer weren't great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is prepared to spend less on a hotel which is uninteresting but comfortable. I think it's a good choice for students like ourselves who don't necessarily want to splurge on a luxury hotel, but wouldn't recommend it for anyone who is looking for something cultural, romantic or exciting. I think this hotel is reasonably priced for the standard of accommodation provided, just don't except anything more than average!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Emma M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this review for 2 reasons. First of all, this is the first time ever that I give such a low rating to a property, and more importantly, I actually liked this hotel.

I stayed here with my mother for our Christmas in Paris (23-26 December). The location is convenient - right next to a tube station, the neighborhood looks safe, although not too exciting, but some major attractions a within walking distance. Most of the staff are very polite. We did ask for an iron, which never turned up tough.

The room was ok - not great, but it had everything you need. You can see on my pictures that the hotel is not ageing in a very dignified manner. I was willing to overlook these issues initially. However, after things went missing from my room, I couldn't help but notice all the problems.
At check in they make you sign a piece of paper stating that due to the fact that the room has a safety box, the hotel bears NO responsibility for anything missing from the room. That was a major clue for me right there. Well, my laptop did not fit in the safety box, nor did my expensive shoes or clothes. So I had to keep everything locked in my Samsonite. I left my brand new Lancome mascara in the bathroom, right next to the sink and my YSL eye shadows on the desk. When we returned from an entire day of exploring, these things were nowhere to be found. I went to complain at the reception. They told me the same cliche that you always hear in these circumstances: "the cleaning lady is of very high integrity, you probably THREW away these things by mistake, or maybe she threw them out with the dirty towels." That is it. No apology. No effort to find the missing things.
I know that this is just make up, worth no more than 100 euro. To me, this is a matter of principle. It is bellow the level of a 4 star hotel. If I have to constantly lock all my stuff and worry about every single item, then I might as well go to camp! I know very well where the towels were (I am a pretty tidy girl), I remember very well where my things were. The sad part - these were the only items that were not locked in my Samsonite. What if I had left out something move valuable ? Would the cleaning lady have "thrown" that out too?
No amount of cliche apology letter from management on tripadvisor would change anything at this point. Nobody can convince me that I am mistaken and trying to do so would mean to me further effort to avoid taking responsibility. So save your breath.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Desislava G
Joel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for comment regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the security.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Joël SABOURIN
GM

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Whilst there were very friendly staff and the hotel was well decorated, the tiny room had practically no curtain - allowing the sunlight to stream in.

Overall, a good basic hotel for an odd night. Might not be the place to spend longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Julian G,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our staff and hotel. However, I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short particularly with the curtains and room size. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service and accommodations.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Some time ago I used this hotel quite a lot but I migrated when standards slipped. I decided to try it again since it has been refurbished. It has the same advantages that it always had: its location is in my favourite area of Paris and a metro station is very close by for easy travel to other parts of Paris including the Gare du Nord (for Eurostar). First impressions were favourable: the lobby was quite attractive and check-in was efficiently executed by a pleasant receptionist. The room was small (very small by American standards) but I thought it quite acceptable until I used the bathroom. I concur with everything that MillieinTexas said in an earlier review. The tap system is awful, it is difficult to prevent flooding and why on earth is there a picture window to the bedroom? I have a few other gripes: housekeeping closed the bath plug which then required the attention of someone from downstairs to get open again; we were two in a twin-bedded but there was only a single mug to have early morning coffee - housekeeping didn't bring another as promised and again we had to go to reception; there is some street noise form French motorists venting their frustration with their horns at the traffic chaos at a nearby junction -although to be fair this occurred mainly during rush hours and didn't interfere with sleeping. Breakfast was very good.

2  Thank V3971RTjohn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear bickley,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and enjoyed our breakfast selections. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M