“Good place to stay in Paris..good value.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres
Ranked #520 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Santo Domingo, Dominican Rpeublic
“Good place to stay in Paris..good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I would venture to say that you get more than expected from a Holiday Inn Express. All-in-all its a great place to stay in Paris...great location; close to multiple Metro stations, main avenues, restaurants and venues...very clean and fresh...staff very friendly, helpful, and more than willing to speak English...I would definitely consider staying here once again...very nice Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank umones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Location of this Hotel is a great catch, you are in the heart of Paris and close to the Metro Stations of St Placide and Rennes. The prices are below average compared to the Parisian Hotel prices, the Service was superb, especially the Staff. The size of the rooms are small, compared to US standards. We asked for an upgrade, bigger room so it can fit a Crib for our baby. it was pretty small, but we still enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The best thing I can say is that it in a terrific location near shopping mall and department stores within walking distance. Lots of cafes and restaurants.I recommend Chez Pierreck, Creperie Bretonne ( blue and white colors) on Boulevard Montparnasse. Tried others, few euros less, but not as good.
The Institute of French Language is around the corner in case you want to take a few lessons. Take a cooking lesson at Le Cuisine de Paris in English a few stops away.
Room was depressingly dark brown with little light from lamps or windows. Reception staff was not helpful and when asked gave wrong info. or scrambled to find out but reluctantly.I did not feel welcomed.
I had just come from 3 days in Barcelona where service was given willingly and with a smile so I noticed the big difference.
Cleaning staff was great. Shower head is great but too big for enclosure and so after a shower you have a mini-pool. Had to ask for extra towels to dry the floor .Breakfast--too expensive. Brioche Doree has a ham and cheese sandwich and coffee for 4.5 euros and great pastries.

Room Tip: Courtyard room on 4th floor was relatively quiet...420.I like to hear some sounds of the city.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank elly v
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear elly v,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that our housekeeping staff was helpful during your stay and I am also delighted you liked the location of our hotel. I would like to apologize if the service you have received fell below your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is my review of a great Holiday Inn in Paris, where I stayed for 6 nights. I was able to find the hotel very easily. It is about 50 meters from the Metro station, which I used a lot to get around Paris.

First, checkin was easy and quick. I arrived about 5PM so I didn't expect any issues. Went to my room which faced the street. It was a small room, but there was enough space. If you like to spend a lot of time in your room, then this may not be for you. But in Paris, you shouldn't spend too much time in the room. It had a small desk and a flat screen TV. The decor was modern and tastefully done.

Another nice thing about the room was it had a safe, which was big enough to hold my 15 inch laptop. It had a hot water kettle and a few sachets of coffee. I found the lighting in the room to be good. Also, the room had an electronic lock. I stay in some hotels that use an old fashioned key. I like the electronic card because it is easy to store in my wallet.

The bathroom was functional with a shower stall. It had opaque glass doors, which is fine if you are single. But at night if your partner turns on the light, there would be no way to stop the light from disturbing your sleep if you are sensitive to those things.

The shower doesn't seem to drain all that well and if you took a long shower, water is going to overflow onto the floor. Luckily my showers were just short enough to prevent that from happening. Two people back to back could cause a little over flow. The shower was an overhead rain type shower hear. There were also two other shower heads in the wall that sprayed water horizontally if you wanted. I thought the design was nice, but the controls could have been a bit better. They were small and took a little force to turn. The water was hot and had great pressure so no complaints there.

One complaint though is noise. The hotel is located a block away from the main street, so you don't really hear street noise. But the window design is the problem. If people were downstairs talking you could hear their conversations. When a car drove by, you could hear it clearly. I opened the window and it was just as loud as if it were closed. If this hotel was on a main street, it would be unbearable. Luckily cars passing by or loud people taking were few and far between so I was able to sleep o.k., but if you are senstive to noise, then you may want to ask for a room in the backside of hotel. I did not stay there, so don't know if it's better, but worth a try.

The hotel has a bar and serves food for room service. They do have a breakfast buffet, but I did not try it. the bar was o.k. for 1 drink, but I suggest just walking out the cafes near the hotel. Like I mentioned, the hotel is just off a main street with Metro and bus stops. There are some wonderful cafes, 20 meters from the hotel for a coffee or something to eat. About 10 minutes away are some movie theaters and more coffee shops and restaurants. I really liked the location. I had walked once from the Eiffel tower to the hotel. This is not a walk for those with weak legs. My guess is 40 minutes, maybe an hour. I did make 1 stop at the Rodin museum. I enjoyed walking so no big deal.

All in all a good hotel, I would probably stay there again. The noise is the one thing that makes me hesitant to say absolutely yes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PZA8296
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the HI-SGDP for three nights in June in an Executive Room. There were some things about the place I really liked, some I disliked, but in the main it was an OK choice.

Let me start out by saying the front desk staff at this hotel is fabulous and we enjoyed all of our interactions with all hotel employees (except housekeeping, see below). There is a happy warmth and eagerness to please that we really appreciated. Even when we had a couple of problems we felt that they were addressed as quickly as possible and with good efficiency. Also, when we checked in two of the lightbulbs were burned out but they were changed without prompting next day - I've stayed in hotels for up to a week with no change of burned out bulbs so this was nice to see.

The bed in the hotel was so comfortable we didn't want to get up in the morning, which is a problem when there is so much to see and do! However, that chair used for the desk was very uncomfortable, it seemed to be a purchase of style over function. The size of our corner room was excellent, very large with a lounge area (small loveseat and chair, coffee table). The bathroom was clean and fine; the often-mentioned shower wall was a little weird, but we figured out that if you put a washcloth in the corner it diverted or soaked up the water that ran along the edge and we avoided the soaked floor.

A couple of things that I would have liked to know before staying in this hotel:

1) There is a trade school that backs up onto the hotel, so if you get a room in the back overlooking a courtyard and you're looking forward to sleeping in on a weekday morning you will be in for a rude awakening when the bells start going off in the morning. Also, the courtyard is where the kids who attend this trade school go to smoke, so if you have your windows open because your a/c is toast you will get to share in their Gitanes because the smoke floats into your room. If you are want to be up and out early then this will not be a problem.

2) Housekeepers apparently are unable to discern Do Not Disturb signs from "Hey why don't you just open the door without knocking anytime you like" signs. This happened twice. Once I was naked, but I have given birth and lost all inhibitions at that point so I didn't freak out. However, it was an unhappy surprise.

The first night was quite warm and the A/C in our room decided to give up the ghost and froze over, which meant it cycled continuously but there was no air output. We called down to the desk and asked for a fan, which would have made the room a bit more bearable but apparently this hotel does not have fans, or if they do they cannot access them during the night shift. I found this odd, especially since the a/c was not in any way robust during any point of our stay. The front desk clerk told us to open our windows, which was frankly not appealing but we did it anyway to get some air movement. The a/c was fixed the next afternoon, so they did address the problem but it still sticks in my mind since our first night was quite uncomfortable, temperature-wise. I finally took the duvet out of the cover and we slept under the empty duvet cover.

Also, if you will be relying on a VPN connection at some point you may wish to check it upon arrival as we found VPN'ing into our offices in the US difficult via the hotel system (even though we paid for the 18 euro fancy connection).

All in all a fine stay, at a good price, and I would happily book this hotel again.

Room Tip: It's really worth the extra $$ too book an Executive Room at this hotel, they are very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nothing to complain about but I have no idea where they got the 4th star from. It's clean, rooms are Parisienly small, bathroom amenities very limited, staff OK, wifi not brilliant, located right on a metro station near Luxemburg gardens. For their price - there are better options in this area

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear ABD119,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the room accommodations you had that fell short of your expectations and our WiFi services was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Caserta, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business trip on April.
Rooms: really small it was impossible to use the desk because the chair was really close the bed.
Position: good! Near metro station
Breakfast: very good!
WiFi connection: only 24h available then it's only hotspot (€7,00 per day)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business