The hotel is in a good location for exploring the sites of Paris: walking distance from Gard d'Nor and close to a well connected Metro station. There are lots of restaurants around the square and surrounding streets. Though they are perhaps a little expensive because of their location, to be honest, it's not that different to most of Paris, which was expensive.
We travelled with our daughter and had a room with 2 double beds. The room was clean, a good size and with a good sized bathroom. Checkin was quick and staff were friendly. It took a while on one occasion to find the concierge though.
Two small niggles: 1) wifi - why is this not free ? and 2) it was 'unseasonably' warm when we stayed and when we spoke to reception about why the aircon was pumping out hot air they said because aircon had not been turned on for the whole hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel was not much more expensive than having it out: our daughter was free and it was a buffet so good value. If you want to eat out the Temple Cafe around the corner does good scrambled eggs and bacon as part of their set breakfast.
Would we go back there: definitely
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Crowne Plaza Paris Republique is a unique building easily accessible and only few minutes away from all attractions (Grands Boulevards, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower...). Parisian people love going around the numerous bars, restaurants and shops that surround the Place de la RÃ©publique which is easily reached by 5 metro lines. For a comfortable stay, the Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique is newly renovated with its 328 air-conditioned rooms , 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar and WI-FI access in public areas. Come to the restaurant 'Le Dix' to taste our buffet and the 'a la carte menu' featuring French cuisine, or to the 'Le Dix' Bar from where you can enjoy a nice view of the Place de la RÃ©publique Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique also offers 18 meeting rooms, all have natural day light. These rooms can welcome up to 250 persons for conferences, in front of our historic inner courtyard. Last but not least, the hotel is only 3 metro stations away form the Eurostar, Thalys & TGV East Terminal in Paris and from stations where high speed metro arrive from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport to Parc des Exposition de Villepinte, le Bourget and the Stade de France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paris Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel Paris
- Paris Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Paris Republique
- Paris Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Republique Paris