I can't believe the reviews. This is the dirtiest, most unpleasant hotel I've stayed, perhaps ever!
After three nights I've walked past the same dirt in the halls. Common areas look like they have never seen a vacuum cleaner. No exaggeration. The furnishings are terribly worn and soiled. Staff looks miserable and when you ask question are met with a military-like answer. Not the treatment a guest would expect.
Issues in the room include crusted and stained carpeting. Broken furniture and lights (see photo). There was only one drawer in the entire room. Impossible layout! A/C does not work. Bathroom has rotten cracked and black with mold grout. The maid stacked 3 used rolls of TP rather than replacing the empties. Tile floors are black with dirt. I want to take a shower just walking on the floor.
Nickel and diming with the OUTRAGEOUS FEE for internet. Club sandwich in the restaurant is $30 Euro. The neighborhood is not upscale but very poor and run down. I just don't get why Viking would have an office here. It's a $#@@ hole.
In the U.S. it would be a 2 star. Nothing more.
I am sending Viking a letter complaining. The person who reps for Viking is nice but I don't care. This is a business relationship. The hotel was misrepresented by Viking. If you notice better reviews for the property, they either do not travel much or have low standards.
If you get anything out of this review, I hope it is to question Viking about their selection and arrangement for guests staying at the Crown. There was no priority for us to get checked in. IN FACT we were put on hold while others were allowed to check in early! Yes, I am mad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Crowne Plaza Paris Republique is a unique building easily accessible and only few minutes away from all attractions (Grands Boulevards, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower...). Parisian people love going around the numerous bars, restaurants and shops that surround the Place de la RÃ©publique which is easily reached by 5 metro lines. For a comfortable stay, the Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique is newly renovated with its 328 air-conditioned rooms , 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar and WI-FI access in public areas. Come to the restaurant 'Le Dix' to taste our buffet and the 'a la carte menu' featuring French cuisine, or to the 'Le Dix' Bar from where you can enjoy a nice view of the Place de la RÃ©publique Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique also offers 18 meeting rooms, all have natural day light. These rooms can welcome up to 250 persons for conferences, in front of our historic inner courtyard. Last but not least, the hotel is only 3 metro stations away form the Eurostar, Thalys & TGV East Terminal in Paris and from stations where high speed metro arrive from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport to Parc des Exposition de Villepinte, le Bourget and the Stade de France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paris Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel Paris
- Paris Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Paris Republique
- Paris Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Republique Paris