I stayed for five nights on a business trip. I can't really recommend it for either business or pleasure. There are four reasons to stay here: the staff is friendly and helpful (but it can be very busy at the front desk and concierge), the room I stayed in was large with a very confortable bed, the location at the Place de la Republique has convenient access to 5 Metro lines, and the area surrounding the hotel has a good mix of shopping, restaurants, and other facilities. If you don't mind the room rate, it can be a good base for exploring Paris on vacation. For business, it was the typical mid-to-luxury expensive hotel. Broadband Internet access is 25 euro extra per day. Local calls for toll-free calling card access is still 3 euro per call. Hotel laundry service is extremely overpriced - 4-6 euro each for simple items like socks, underwear, more for washable slacks and shirts. The hotel breakfast can be included in some room rates, and may be reasonable on that basis. If purchased separately, it's much too pricey and you are better off going outside to a neighborhood cafe or even (ugh) McDonalds.
Bottom line: For business, find an all-inclusive hotel and save, save, save. For vacation, if you can afford the room, it's a good place to sleep and plan your adventures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Crowne Plaza Paris Republique is a unique building easily accessible and only few minutes away from all attractions (Grands Boulevards, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower...). Parisian people love going around the numerous bars, restaurants and shops that surround the Place de la RÃ©publique which is easily reached by 5 metro lines. For a comfortable stay, the Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique is newly renovated with its 328 air-conditioned rooms , 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar and WI-FI access in public areas. Come to the restaurant 'Le Dix' to taste our buffet and the 'a la carte menu' featuring French cuisine, or to the 'Le Dix' Bar from where you can enjoy a nice view of the Place de la RÃ©publique Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique also offers 18 meeting rooms, all have natural day light. These rooms can welcome up to 250 persons for conferences, in front of our historic inner courtyard. Last but not least, the hotel is only 3 metro stations away form the Eurostar, Thalys & TGV East Terminal in Paris and from stations where high speed metro arrive from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport to Parc des Exposition de Villepinte, le Bourget and the Stade de France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paris Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel Paris
- Paris Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Paris Republique
- Paris Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Republique Paris