“Nice!”

Ranked #1,053 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Nice!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had a nice stay, good location helpful staff. Although we had a small bag of clothes in our closet that turned up missing, or taken to laundry? I tried to track down but nobody could find missing laundry before we checked out of our room. It was just a few pairs of socks, t shirts nothing to get upset about but just thought I'd mention, any clothing in a plastic bag could possibly be taken to laundry even if NOT requested.
I would stay at the hotel again.... Thanks!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmemmiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Leicester
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Le Pera is a small hotel, in a good location at the heart of Paris. We got a good room which was bigger then the normal size. The staff were very helpful, and the breakfast was good in terms of Paris. There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel, but Paris is expensive and there are a number of Metros were also close by. We took Rosy Bus from the CDG airport and the stop was near Opera very close to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank Urvi11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was a good size for central Paris. As well as a queen size bed and an en-suite bathroom, there was room for a two seat sofa, a desk, and a good size wardrobe.

The hotel was reasonably quiet (we were at the back of the hotel), but for the usual city buzz. Wi-fi worked fine.

Best thing is the location - easy walking distance to the Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Opera, Champs d'Elysee, plus easy access to many metro/RER lines. Any number of restaurants, cafes and bars close by.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sven56
New York
Reviewed December 10, 2010

At first I was completely cross with Le Pera, not due to its fault. I used an opaque internet provider and was ticked off when I found out that the retail price on a regular internet service was actually cheaper!! This was the worst PL experience ever and I was so cross that I did not make them refund the difference- which I should have. I have concluded that PL does not work for Europe very well. Pardon.

Now, about the hotel. I argued with PL that Le Pera was not a four star. The hotel itself, the premises, does not scream four star to be honest, at least not by US standards.
That said, I was in town for work and leisure and the LOCATION cannot be beat. Really, Le Pera is wonderful because of its location, so close to the Boulevard des Cappuccines ( shopping) and the Opera Garnier. Do not eat the Cafe de La Paix nearby unless you just want your plastic to run away from you. 26 Euros for onion soup? From a few blocks away, one catch the bus to CDG and this is also a great feature.
The staff is so professional and genteel that I am so so pleased that I got "stuck" there. No, the rooms are a bit rough and small but this is Paris and if you are familiar with Paris , you know that this is actually a great hotel and the rooms are fine.

The breakfast was one of the best features of the hotel. It made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the hotel and central to my experience there. My room had a leak and when I told the front desk, they were more than kind about it.
They also took away some snakcs and when I inquired as to why, they told me that they believed that the snacks were not as fresh as they should be which I appreciated. The bathroom was roomy and the toiletries are totally first class. Faxes were free and wifi spotty but I did not incur insane costs with Boingo as I have before.
There is a patisserie up the block that I found too late. Thank goodness, as I was stuffed with wonderful food the whole trip. Le Pera may feel like a letdown when you first arrive- I will not deny this. But more consideration will lead one to concluse that this home is an excellent hotel for Paris that gives you good rest, a great location and a breakfast that leaves you energized to walk around the Madeleine area with vigor. When in Paris, whatever will be, will be!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in September 2010.

Location is fantastic. It's about 5 mins walk to Opera and the metro. There are shops and cafes close by.

The hotel is more like a motel and not sure how it can call itself a 4 star hotel. The rooms are bit dark, dingey and feels dated. However, it has a separate lounge area to the bedroom, so it's bit more spacious than other typical hotel rooms.

The hotel was quite expensive compared to similar hotels in other European cities but compared to other hotel in Paris, it is ok.

The staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The hotel is in a good location for tourist sites. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are many good restaurants nearby.
The room was small, but clean and quiet, with a view into a small scruffy quadrangle. The windows were dirty and facilities were in need of refurbishment.
Domestic staff did an excellent job. Reception and breakfast staff were polite and helpful.
Overall, the hotel was very poor value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Hotel was in a great location, and not a bad price considering Paris is extortionately expensive. I wouldnt deem it 4 stars as had to carry own baggage to the room, and there is no room service. Bathroom was quite poky, but room itself was big enough, spotlessly clean, and with a well stocked minibar, though items are expensive at 5 euros a peice or even more. Breakfast was fine though on one morning we were told to finish up and vacate the table, as people were waiting for tables as all were taken, even though we hadnt finished breakfast. My room was right at the top and people in the opposite building could see across, so i had to keep curtains closed most of the time, also noisy as faced onto the road. My advice would be to request one of the rooms further to the back of the hotel, and make sure they dont give you a single, as my boss was allocated a tiny room with no room to swing a cat in!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business