“A gem of a hotel!!!!”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #270 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 31, 2006

This was our first visit to Paris and the staff and accomodations could not have been nicer! We researched the K&K on Trip Advisor and the hotel exceeded our high expectations. We stayed for 3 nights at the start of our trip and one night at the end. For the first 3 nights, we had a room overlooking the courtyard. This is the location to request if you need total quiet for sleeping. We were amazed! On our last night, we stayed in a room overlooking the street. This is the location to request if you want to feel part of the city life. We enjoyed the charm of both.

The staff was ever so nice. If you request a dinner reservation or a taxi, it is done with blazing speed. Even my halting attempts at speaking French were met with extreme patience. I should add that the staff also speaks excellent English.

As for the location, my husband and I enjoyed the left bank charm. The hotel is located in a residential area; so pastry shops, coffee shops and cafes abound.

The hotel is within a 10 to 15 minute walk of the Louvre, Orsay, and Rodin museums (for lunch, the cafe at the Rodin Museum is very good and reasonably priced).

We splurged on dinner our last night and ate at L'Atelier. Although expensive, it was worth it if you enjoy modern French cuisine. Bring your wallet and expect to spend over 200 Euros for two people.

Paris is a wonderful city and we cannot wait to go back to the Hotel Cayre!

11  Thank Tristan512
Write a ReviewReviews (2,406)

A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2006

I celebrated my birthday with three of my closest friends in Paris. This was our first time visiting Paris and we had a wonderful time. Hotel Cayre is tres fabulous. The hotel location is perfect: The Metro Station- Rue de Bac, post office, and HSBC ATM are conveniently located across the street. There is even a Shell station- mini mart on the same block. Everything is in close proximity-you can walk to the Notre Dame, Latin Quarters and Seine River. The staff were so helpful, especially our friendly concierge- Jean Pierre. Paris is truly a beautiful and special place and I am already planning my second trip.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Stayed at the K+K Cayre in January on business. Rooms are immaculate, well-decorated and extremely functional. Staff are quite welcoming and friendly. Free wifi in the lobby and high speed internet access in the rooms is another plus. Above all, the location (about 40 yards from Rue de Bac metro station) is the best! You can get anywhere in Paris from here. Shopping and patisseries are all within an easy walk. This is my second time at K+K Cayre, and I will absolutely come back again. Book here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
10  Thank Gramercy1
Reviewed January 8, 2006

Stayed here January 6-11, 2006 and found everything about this hotel to be fabulous. All of the staff speak english and were extremely helpful. The room, while a little small by american standards but probably normal for european hotels, was impeccably clean. The whole hotel is furnished in a modern, minimalist style and everything seemed new, looked stylish, and functioned well. Little things like a heated tile floor in the bathroom, a box of chocolates waiting for us the first night we returned to our room, and huge, soft towels really made a difference. Free high speed internet access was provided in the room, and there was free wireless access and several internet terminals in the lobby. The breakfast (included in our low room rate) was outstanding with both hot (eggs, bacon) and cold (french bread, pastries, cheeses, pates, cold cuts, fruit) items. Juices, coffee, and unlimited champagne were also included. The hotel also has a great location: the metro is right outside your door, you are within walking distance of several popular attractions, and there are excellent bakeries and a 24 hour convenience store within one block. Our experience was so good that we are going to seek out other K+K hotels in our future travels!

14  Thank JFTD
Reviewed January 7, 2006

We stayed at the K+K Cayre for New Year's Eve and very much enjoyed it. I had a junior suite for myself, my son and my niece (3 single beds). My sister and her husband had a double room. The rooms were nicely decorated and the furnishings looked new. Bathrooms small but nice details like heated tile floors. We had a nice quiet view of the inner garden. The standard of service is high, the concierge was extremely helpful and the breakfast buffet offered something for everyone (it is quite expensive at €22 if you don't get it with your room rate). There are several nice bakeries near by if you don't eat breakfast at the hotel. We walked everywhere, although the Rue Du Bac (yellow line) metro stop is about 10 feet from the hotel door. I'm choosy about hotels and would absolutely stay here again!

15  Thank LesleySusan
Reviewed January 5, 2006

We stayed here Dec 28 thru Jan 1 and it was outstanding, just like the K&K in London. We (me, wife, and 16 year old daughter) were in room 305, which is actually the FOURTH floor, but there are stairs and two elevators.

We had a spacious room with plenty of closet space, TV, and a nice bathroom with HUGE fluffy towels and plenty of hot water. The room heating controls were easy to use and worked fine. Rue de Bac Metro is right outside the front door, and there are numerous restaurants very close by. The Seine is within easy walking distance.

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate, and our daughter appreciated the THREE computers with www access. I had a hard time with the French keyboards, but hey, that's part of foreign travel. The front desk and restaurant staff all spoke English, as did the guy who cleaned our room. They were all helpful and friendly.

We chose the K&K Cayre primarily based on comments we had read here, and I am happy to supply my own. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005
14  Thank RP_Bettendorf
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We had a great time at the K&K. The room was relatively large and very clean. The Hotel staff was extremely helpful (ask for Cedric). We had a fabulous view of the Eiffel Tower (you need to ask).
It was a convenient location with the Metro right across the street. While the service was excellent, the room and its bathroom needed more drawers, hooks and shelves. We found the breakfast delicious but expensive if you don't get a deal from your travel agent. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2005