“A Real Gem”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #271 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days the beginning of May. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. They were beyond helpful and courteous. Any complaint was addressed immediately to my satisfaction. I am very finicky about cleanliness and the entire hotel is immaculate. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. Plenty of breakfast items to choose from. Items were constantly replenished as needed. Complimentary champagne every morning if you wanted it. The Metro is right outside the door which was wonderful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cricket E

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is very well positioned within walking distance to the River Seine, Louvre and other attractions. The staff everywhere were absolutely wonderful - from the front desk helping with dinner reservations, to the smiling dining staff fetching a pot of tea to the lovely "bonjour" from housekeeping staff they were always smiling and helpful.The room we had was a great size for a Paris hotel, everything was clean and fresh, breakfast was great. We were very impressed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on business in May 2013 and I was very pleased with everything. Its located in a nice part of town with designer shops on the same block. Its also just round the corner from the French Prime Minister's House so I'm sure you can understand that pricea around this part of the city are not cheap.

First impressions were excellent. The website does not do it justice. Although the lobby is small, it is very stylish and doesn't feel cramped at all. The staff were super friendly and very welcoming.
9/10

The bedrooms were very nice, quite simple but had everything you needed. My only really small complaints were that the beds were quite low to the ground (I prefer the bed to be quite tall) although I did sleep fantastically well. And also the TV was way too small for the room and slightly spoiled an otherwise perfect hotel bedroom and for this money I would have expected top notch equipment. But on the plus side it did have a few regular British TV channels!!

The bathroom was decent but too small. Yes, its fine for a business trip but I would have preferred it to be a bit bigger.
8/10

General…..
WiFi was free but it didn't work for a while in my bedroom, although this didn't cause a problem as there was a wired option as well (also free). The elevators were painfully slow although there were stairs which I took to get to reception.

Breakfast was a little bit disappointing for the money although probably typical for a Parisian hotel. There wasn't a live cooking station for Onmlettes etc although the staff were very friendly and helpful.
7/10

To sumarise I think it is a very decent hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to come back here or recommend it - especially if you wanted a change from the usual corporate hotel. There was something very Parisien about this hotel...

Room Tip: Double check with the hotel about the wi-fi signal on check-in. If you need it, make sure they give...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you've never traveled to Paris before and don't know where to stay.....book this hotel! The staff is wonderful (friendly and professional). The rooms are clean, modern, and beautiful. The breakfast that's provided free is top notch. The staff seats you at a linen topped table, pours coffee or tea and you help yourself to a wide variety of meat, cheese, bread, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, toast, fresh juice, and pastries. It's the best continental breakfast I've encountered anywhere. The location is great as well. It's an easy walk to the Seine River and many of the museums. If you want to venture out to other neighborhoods, the subway (metro) is less than 1 block from your door. This was our first visit to Paris and when we return, we will definitely be staying at the Cayre. I'm writing a thank you note to our travel agent for steering us to this fine hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terence H
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A real gem. Perfectly located within walking distance of almost all the major sites and just a few meters from the Metro. The staff was warm friendly and accommodating and the breakfasts were far better than I expected and included an excellent assortment of meats, cheeses and pâté along with the expected eggs, croissants, etc. As a bonus we were on the top floor with a clear view of montmartre. I understand from the other side of the 7th floor the view is of the Eiffel Tower. The neighborhood is filled with interesting shops. Would certainly stay here again when we next visit Paris. Rooms were a little small but certainly clean and adequate for the little time we spent in it.

Room Tip: Upper floor has some great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was a life goal of a close friend and I to visit Paris and our travel agent recommended K&K Cayre. The neigborhood, proximity to the Metro (Rue du Bac just steps away), coupled with the genuine warmness of the staff made us feel this trip will be hard to top! We expected the rooms to be smaller by American standards, but they were just fine. Clean, updated, and all the amenties you would expect. The staff at the front desk and at breakfast understood the true concept of hospitality (the warm feeling resulting from feeding the body and the soul), they were execeptional! They were quick to fill a coffee cup at breakfast and everyone offered smiles, friendliness and good advice for near restaurants and in making reservations for us. The other guests we met in the elevator or in the lobby seemed very happy as well, we never heard anyone with a complaint. I would highly recommend K&K Hotel Cayre and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Though we didn't have the best view we were far from the elevator and enjoyed our small balconey...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Worldexplorer27
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my third stay at the K + K Hotel Cayre in Paris and as always it was wonderful. The hotel is situated in the best location in Paris with easy access to the metro. The room was lovely, clean, and had a balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides....it was fun looking out over the Parisian rooftops at sunset. The breakfast spread has something for everyone: eggs, bacon, breads, cheeses, yogurts, salmon, etc. And it was wonderful to see the same faces of the front desk staff and dining room staff as three years ago----it tells me it is a nice place to work, and that feeling is evident in the helpfulness and friendliness of the employees. You cannot go wrong staying at this lovely gem of a hotel....and an added treat, sauna is available for all guests and that is a nice, relaxing way to end an evening in Paris!

Room Tip: Ask for sixth floor with a view....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple