“Paris for one”

Ranked #247 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Aiea, Hawaii
“Paris for one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I decided to treat myself with my first trip to Paris (Europe) for my birthday over New Years. It was amazing. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to be helpful as I only knew basic phrases in French. They booked me a hotel dinner at a wonderful restraunt for New years eve and gave me all sorts of advice and recommendatins. The executive room was very comfortable, nicely decorated with all the amenities I could ask for. I couldn't figure out how to work the TV but I wanted to sight see as much as possible anyway. The location was good. I did a lot of walking and would take a taxi when I couldn't walk anymore. Even before I got there I was emailing the conceirge. Denis K was incredibly sweet and helpful. Gerald went out of his way to help me unlock my suitcase when I forgot the combination. ( I slept as little as possible). I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return!

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor in an executive room with a balcony overlooking a side street below. It wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Diane2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here as a family for 3 days over the New Year after searching on Trip Advisor for a nice hotel in Paris that wouldn't cost the earth. The hotel is located centrally in Paris in the Saint Germain des Prés area of the city just south of the Siene river. It is situated at the intersection of Rue de Bac and St. Germain and is a 15 minute walk to the Louvre. The Rue de Bac Metro station is about 20 metres from the front door of the hotel and which means you have easy access to most of Paris. We struggled to find anywhere which served decent food without costing an arm and a leg which we thought was surprising. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and functional but we found the staff to be quite rude. On our first night we arrived at 9:30 and asked to have a quick meal at the bar but the very rude waitress said no they stopped serving at 10:00pm? What? The food eventually arrived and it was alright without being amazing.
The rooms themselves are very small but well equipped. The bed was a small queen size but was comfortable. We had asked for twin beds in one room for the children but they said they had made a mistake so the children had to share a double bed which was less than ideal at their ages. The bathrooms are very small but functional and clean and has a small shelf built into the wall to store all of your toiletries. The rooms were cleaned until they were spotless everyday by the cleaners. The lifts are VERY small and slow - could barely fit 3 people in. The best thing is that the Hotel includes complimentary Internet with a Ethernet connection in each room as well as WiFi throughout the property in both guest rooms and public areas. WiFi connectivity was very good and worked even on the 7th floor. The wired connection provides very stable high performance access to the Internet. Overall it was a good stay at the hotel ruined by some rude staff and very small rooms and that also cost a small fortune for what it was worth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the K+K Hotel for 8 days under a strong recommendation from a friend that had stayed previously at this property.

The hotel is located centrally in Paris in the Saint Germain des Prés - Jardin du Luxembourg area of the city just south of the Siene river. It is right at the intersection of Rue de Bac and St. Germain and is an 8 minute walk to the Louvre. The Rue de Bac Metro station is literally 100 meters from the front door of the hotel and access the Metro allows quick access to any part of Paris.

The hotel is surrounded by many fabulous shops and restaurants. There is no shortage of great food in Paris!

The rooms are small but well equipped. The bed was incredibly comfortable and every night was a restful night.

The bathrooms are very small but functional with a bathtub equipped with a shower. One very nice feature of the bathroom is the small shelf built into the wall to store all of your toiletries.

The hotel was very clean and beautifully decorated.Hotel staff all spoke English perfectly and really made us feel welcome and looked after. Elevators are VERY small and slow and we opted to use the nice spiral marble staircase for much our stay.

There is an exercise room in the basement with a dry sauna. We used the sauna a number of nights which was a nice benefit after spending most of the day outside in the cool Paris December winter.

Hotel includes complimentary Internet with a Ethernet connection in each room as well as WiFi throughout the property in both guest rooms and public areas. WiFi connectivity was good with some areas having weak coverage. The wired connection provides very stable high performance access to the Internet.

Our package also included breakfast served in the hotel restaurant on the main floor. The food selection was very good and the food was delicious. Service was attentive and the staff was always welcoming. It made for a great start to each day.

Overall, this is a great hotel and we would most definitely stay here again on our next visit to Paris. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dancinggeek
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for a 3 night weekend break. On arrival reception staff were pleasant and informed us of the location of our room.

We booked an executive room which was functional and clean. The bathroom was very small but suitable for a short stay. My only issue with this hotel is the decor of the room. I found it slightly dated with the wood panels and green trimmings, it felt more like a business hotel rather than a Parisian hotel. However, the beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked well and the tea and coffee making facilities were a bonus.

The hotel also features a gym, sauna and massage treatment rooms. There are also computers where you can use the internet in the hotel lobby which was useful.

Breakfast was included in the rate of the room and was great especially, as there are not many cafes on the doorstep. The breakfast was a buffet style of fruits, pastries, bread to hot food scrambled eggs, bacon etc. Coffee was constantly refilled and champagne was also available.

the location is great as you can walk everywhere (if you like walking) and we actually didnt take the Metro until we left to go home. There is however a Metro stop less than two minutes walk from the hotel which is very convenient.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, very good price, location and an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisJames204
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in December.
We very greeted very nicely, by the friendly staff, and were upgraded to an executive room. One of our concerns was the size of the room, but the room we received was very spacious. In addition, the room was very well decorated and equipped.
Our deal included the breakfast buffet, which was delicious and had many choices of food.
The hotel was very clean and highly maintained, from our room, to the lobby and breakfast area at all times.
Last but definitely not least is the hotel's location in the heart of the left bank, which allowed us to get practically everywhere on foot.
We enjoyed our stay very much, and highly recommend this hotel to any Paris visitor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eyal70
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and thought it was a great hotel. It's in a great location and the staff was very friendly. The rooms are very nice - much more comfortable beds than lots of European hotels. The only quibble I have was a bad wifi signal in the room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Memphis_piranha
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Here are the PROS and CONS of this hotel as I see them. You can decide which are important to you:

PROS
The room was clean and quiet.
The staff was pleasant and helpful.
The hotel accommodated my room request (via email).

CONS
No in-room coffee (other hotels in France have a simple set-up with instant coffee packets, hot water maker, and mugs).
Our bedspread smelled of B.O. (though I assume this is not the norm here). We spun it around and were fine.
The system of leaving the key at the desk means that sometimes you are waiting at reception to get your key. Not fun when you're tired, and inconvenient when you want to pop up to the room. I also wonder if it creates a safety issue, e.g., we simply gave our room # and got the key, sometimes from someone who had never seen us before.

These CONS did not prevent us from having a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kurt12