“French Civility in the Best Neighborhood in Paris”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #249 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, CA
“French Civility in the Best Neighborhood in Paris”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Just returned from a mother-daughter trip to Paris. This is my second stay at the wonderful Hotel Cayre (the first with my husband two years ago)....both visits here were excellent.

The hotel is located in a spectacular part of Paris (the 7eme), surrounded by excellent restaurants and boutiques and a short stroll to the Seine, the Louvre, the d'Orsay, etc.

The staff is exceptionally nice -- for non-French speakers, their English is
perfect. They are helpful and ready to arrange restaurant and tour reservations, call taxis, and in general, answer any questions you may have. Rooms are impeccably clean and comfortable. The bar area is small and intimate, perfect for a night cap of cognac or champagne. The exercise area and sauna are spotless, and the sauna, especially, is a nice way to unwind at the end of a busy day touring. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone: cheeses, meats, granola, fresh fruits, smoked salmon, yogurts, baked goods, etc., which provides for a lovely start each morning.

All in all, an excellent place to stay while in Paris -- I will return here again without hesitation on my next visit!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive-size room for more space; courtyard-facing rooms nice & quiet!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Casablancalily99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We just came back from a wonderful trip to Paris and I must say that Cayre Hotel was part of it. The locations is the best in Paris (I´ve stayed in other locations in other times, and this one is unbeatable), easy walking to almost everywhere and the metro station Rue de Bac is STEPS away, just across the street. The room was big, modern, clean, comfortable and had a nice view of the tour Eifeel and the Dôme (we stayed at room 601). The bathroom was nice as well. Staff at the front desk very friendly too. And the breakfast was delicious, a nice way to start the day!
The only problem is the wi-fi connection in the rooms, really poor.

** if you are brazilian, try to book at decolar.com , we got the best price there **

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, 601 is nice!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GuiMC
New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I arrived at this hotel for a 6-night stay on July 9, 2011 with a group of 11 fellow travelers, all adults, on a trip for faculty and staff at our school in Connecticut. Every person in the group loved the hotel.There was nothing but praise from this group of mature, well-traveled guests. People commented on the immaculate rooms, the polite and helpful staff, the delightful bar area (where we congregated every evening!), the fantastic location right across from the Metro, near a bank, a shopping street, 10 minute walk to the Musee Rodin, the Musee d'Orsay and St. Germain des Pres. I recommended the hotel, having stayed here twice a couple of years ago, and I am so glad I did! This is a very special place in a beautiful part of Paris. We hated to leave!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Seckel
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Best location for easy walking everywhere. Lots of shops/restaurants right outside the hotel. Also bank nearby and the metro stop directly across the street..so convenient. Rooms are done in super modern theme..very clean and a/c worked great. Would definitely stay here anytime I am in Paris.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
princeton, new jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Just returned from a 6 night stay in paris at the K & K Hotel Cayre and we had a fabulous time. You can not beat the location of this very nice hotel, as it is minutes walk from the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsay and so easily accessible to great attractions and cafes on the Blvd St. Germain and Rue de la Seine. The metro stop Rue de Bac is right across the street.

When we booked our trip, we didn't have too many options because we needed a room that would accomodate 3 people and the Cayre was one of the only ones especially as everything was booked up for June. But I was so happy with the hotel and I am usually a fussy person. It was very clean, a great location and the staff could not be nicer and more helpful in english and in french. I especially appreciated all of the great advice on restaurants and tours etc from Jean Pierre and Valentin. All of the men at the desk always had a smile for us and we really had alot of laughs together. A special shout out deservedly goes to Nathan, the bartender, who greeted us every night with a smile and entertained us while we sipped champagne at the bar. He was quite charming!

More importantly, however, the room was very clean and although not super big, it was comfortable for the three of us. A desk/ bureau separated the king size bed from the couch/bed where my teenage daughter slept. The room was kept very clean by the lovely housekeeping staff and while the bathroom may have been sort of small, it had ample shelf space for eveyone's toiletries. K & K Cayre is not a luxury hotel, but it is by all means very homey and very upscale.

The breakfasts were very good, and always fortified us for the long day of touring ahead so that was a bonus and the coffee was flowing with very polite staff. There is also free wifi in the room and computers are available in the lobby.

I would definitely return to the K & K Cayre on my next trip to Paris because as I said, you can not beat the location and the service.

Room Tip: Ample space for a room for 3 people
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank candicaneadventures
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed at K&K in mid-June. Nice, clean, modern hotel and in a great Left-Bank location. Did not realize how good the location was when we booked it. Walking distance to Eiffel, Louvre, D'Orsay, Blvd Saint Germain with all sorts of cafes and restaurants. Room was nice, if a little bit tight for 3 women in same room. But worked out fine for the time we spent in it. Good beds, clean sheets. Breakfast was good. Desk staff very accommodating and spoke English. Friendly, helpful. Would definitely stay here again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelerllz
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel is in a great location. You can easily walk to many attractions in Paris like the Louvre, Orsey, Notre Dame, St. Chapelle, Rodin, and Napolean's tomb. If walking is not an option, the Rue de Bac metro is right across the street from the hotel. I also like it because it is in a neighborhood and not a major tourist area.

I would say the hotel is a mid-sized hotel, modern in style, very clean with a very nice and attentive staff. Rooms are small but modern and clean. I have to say the staff is exceptional. I would like to name names, but I don't want to leave some people out. The bartenders will come to your room and open wine for you or bring you a glass of wine in a matter of minutes. Same thing if you need and extra pillow from housekeeping. The front desk knows your room key number within one day and haves it waiting for you as they see you coming through the door. All of the staff greeted us with a smile each day and asked sincerely how we enjoyed our day. I would have an afternoon glass of wine with the bartender while my husband napped, and they were so sweet and genuine with me. Even if they hated every minute I didn't know it. Only four seats at the bar.

The only thing I would say is don't let the guys at the front desk send you to restaurants that Americans or all tourists eat at. I felt like they wanted to send us to places that they thought that the American might want to go to so I had to be clear that I wanted to eat where locals ate, but I still don't think I got that across too well. Definitely go to La Ferma Saint Simon around the corner from the hotel. The little Cafe St. Germain by the hotel is nice for a night cap or afternoon drink also. Good place for people watching.

We also did not have our breakfast included (27 euro per person is high when you don't eat a lot in the a.m.) so we would either walk to the market down the street (opens at 8) and get a pastry and yogurt or La Grande Epicerie, a gourmet market behind Le Bon Marche. What a beautiful place. I haven't been to a place in the U.S. that I could compare it to. Maybe a Whole Foods on steroids. One day we went there and got sandwiches, a fruit cup and some divine desserts then walked to Hotel des Invalides for a tour and picnic lunch, but I think Luxembourg Gardens might be even nicer to picnic.

If you love mustard as you can see I do, don't miss La Boutique Maille at 6 Place de la Madeleine 75008. You can also buy several flavors in tubes at the gourmet shop and they are easier to transport. Stop by the Barthelemy cheese shop near the hotel also. Yum.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family