“Bad experience”

Ranked #1,365 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Berlin, Md
“Bad experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I agree with some of the other comments. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. The entire hotel and the room we had are very shabby. It all needs to be rehabbed. Carpet was dirty with burns marks. Very small room, even for Paris. No room for anything.

Room Tip: Avoid the 02 rooms which are the smallest. Maybe the others are better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is well-located right in the heart of Marais, walking distance to the St Paul and Hotel de Ville metro station. The room is small but clean, with its own bathroom. At only 90 euros a night for a single room it's pretty good value, and there aren't a whole lot of hotels in Paris with genuine single rooms.

The salon area has a computer with internet access and a printer, which is really useful for booking into flights online. There's a small lift if you don't want to take the stairs up to the rooms. There is a luggage room where you can leave suitcases if you arrive early.

The hotel offers free wake-up calls on request, although reception did not call me at the time booked. Lucky I had a backup alarm set or I would have missed my early morning flight! The staff didn't seem too apologetic about this.

It's not the most amazing hotel ever, but for the location the price can't be beat and it's a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: Single rooms are as described - one single bed only. They're small but perfectly adequate and go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great location as so close to metro line 1, stayed in twin executive room, though beds were very close together we were pleasantly surprised as room was very clean although towels were not changed. Only gripe is that on checkout the guy checking out before us had difficulties with paying by credit card and had to find machine to withdraw cash and come back. Meanwhile same thing happened to us, both of our cards were declined which was a bit of a worry as staff member suggested the problem was with our cards until the guy came back to pay in cash and saw what was happening to us as well so it appeared that they preferred payment in cash. if there was a genuine problem then it should have been made clear by the staff member instead of pretending it was our cards at fault.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank eleafl
Paris, France
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A friend of mine booked into this little hotel on her visit to Paris and it was just ideal for what we needed for our girly weekend. A boutique 3 Star hotel, very typical for what you'd expect in Paris with the benefit of no nasty surprises. The location was great, right in the centre of Paris on the Rue de Rivoli and walking distance to just about anywhere we wanted to go.

The entrance foyer, lift and stairs are very narrow and a little dark but the rooms were an absolute delight, larger than you expect for a little French hotel, and with clean, chic decor. The room she had, had violet toile curtains and vintage white-painted shabby/chic furniture and even had a bathtub!

a great place to crash, but don't bother with the breakfast, you'll find better at one of the numerous cafe's right on your doorstep. It's also right near a bunch of cool vintage and second hand stores if that's your thing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gypsycaravan
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had two executive rooms in this hotel in early August. Great location in the Marais and excellent for metro connections. Rooms were small yes but clean and the rooms facing the Rue de Rivoli were light and bright. Lets face it we did not come to Paris to stay in the room all day. The first floor salon was also good to sit and browse the web. For the price this is a very good Paris option.

• Stayed August 2012
Perth, WA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of my business/holiday in Paris. I agree with the others - the location is brilliant, pretty much everything is a walking distance, nice restaurants, supermarkets, cheese boutiques, shops etc. and it is a decent part of Paris so you feel safe. However, the single room that I booked was just disgusting - like the one from 'My life in ruins'. Miniscule, dark and shabby. Narrow window overlooking the wall.I asked to swap the room and they offered a standard room for 20 euros /day extra or executive for 30 euros/day extra. I took the latter as it was nicer and it had a view, which is something that tick my box when I am traveling. The staff was nice enough except for an older man who was behaving like a 'cappo'. Commanding us to leave the keys (which is fine but if asked in a nicer way) and questioning me over my name and surname (a bit different on a booking form than in my passport) and how come if I am single am occupying a double room. Probably thinking that I am on a 'business'. When it came to paying, they charged me 45 euros just for swapping the room. Safe is 3 per day extra, but when I swapped the room the guy said he'll give it for free as I am taking the expensive room. However, it still appeared on my bill, so I asked them to remove it. They removed but only for 5 days as they said that is how much I was charged. Later on I checked the bill and I was actually charged for 7 days, so they pocket in 6 euros. Not a big sum, but it would be nicer memory for me if they didn't. I also saw two couples on a separate occasions either fighting over the bill or leaving dissatisfied.

Room Tip: If you are staying here make sure you don't book a single room, make them spell out the charges...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank woginoz

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great location. Really small room, but A/C, mini fridge, and free WiFi in the room are all pros. A lot of great restaurants nearby. Most of the receptionists were helpful and friendly (esp the super nice guy from Haiti), but one nearly ruined our first night there. We walked in jet-lagged and disoriented and the man at the front desk could not have been more rude and inappropriate. I don't know if his overdramatic and completely absurd reactions to our responses were an attempt to be funny or if he was using the interaction as an opportunity to compensate for a failed acting career, but he is the sole reason I'm rating this hotel Poor and not Average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple