“Richard made Paris w/kids easy and very enjoyable.”

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
Ranked #22 of 525 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Richard made Paris w/kids easy and very enjoyable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Richard led my family (myself, wife and kids -5,7,11YOs) through a few different tours of Paris (Marais disctrict, open air markets, gourmet shops, etc). Each time making the journey and discovery of Paris informative, educational, enjoyable and well-paced. Richard has insider knowledge of all the attractions and is up-to-date on all the schedules and happenings around town. He customized our tours on several occasions (with prior notice) and made sure to include our kids in the activities. He's great at scheduling and knew exactly when the kids needed a 'pit-stop'. I would recommend Richard to anyone making the trip to Paris - no need for maps or guide books with him. He does fill up his schedule during US school vacations so it may be a good idea to book well in advance.

sudbury, MA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“You will love Richard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I found Richard's Eye Prefer Paris tours on trip advisor, and was initially impressed with all the wonderful reviews! I contacted Richard for the walking tour of his neighborhood, Le Marais, which we were easily able to set up via email. In addition, Richard arranged for a driver, Franck, to pick us up from the airport, and Franck's son, Jean, to bring us back to the airport. Arriving and leaving made easy!
We met Richard in Le Marais where he walked us through the neighborhood and showed us many of the hidden sights and told us little known information about the area. Being with Richard WAS like being with an old and comfortable friend, as many other people had remarked on! I had let Richard know that I wanted to see some of the paper stores in the area, so I left the tour with bags of homemade papers! He took us to a wonderful little cafe for coffee and pastries. My husband ordered an omelette, which he said was the BEST he had ever had. The Marais is a large area, and I wish we had booked a longer tour so we could have seen more of it.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Eye Prefer Paris tours. Next trip I will try the cooking classes!

Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More than just a cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I took Charlotte and Richard's cooking class during our month long stay in Paris . Set in the 16th century home of our chef, teacher and hostess, Charlotte Puckette, the class was a great experience and far beyond what most cooking classes encompass. Not only did we participate in preparing a 4 course meal that was absolutely delicious, we learned all about living in Paris as an ex pat, how to buy cheese, why you hand mix the ingredients for the chocolate dessert, all the different types of milk and butter in France, and how to have a good time cooking. First Charlotte, ourselves and a couple from Australia, roamed a market near Charlotte's house where Charlotte explained the hidden secrets of shopping for fresh food in a Parisian market, introducing us to specialties found only in Paris. After a stop at the cheese shop, as Charlotte's favorite cheese merchant was not at the market, we headed to Charlotte's for class. Starting with a glass of wine we started to prepare our lunch. This was accompanied by a lively discussion of what and why we were doing various cooking steps, the differences of our two types of asparagus, when to add the extra spices to our chicken tangine, what it was like to live in Paris with triplets, restaurant recommendations and comparisons of life in the US with Australia and with France. Both of the husbands had not expected to participate in the preparation of the meal but be observers and official photographers. Charlotte worked us into the game and we both had a great time. Our excellent meal was accompanied by oohs and aahs that defined the results of our labor. In the end we ended up making new friends and a desire to share our memorable experience with others.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“THE way to eat in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

As I told my twenty year old soon on the food tour with Richard, I wished I had done this 35 years ago on my first of 10 trips to Paris. Richard introduced us to the BEST bakers(pastry and bread), candy makers, jam and honey artisans, cheese mongers and restaurants. We are still enjoying the food we bought from the stores Richard has uncovered. Best meal was a restaurant he recommended. BEFORE it was in the New York Times!
And the shopping and cooking class with his friend Charlotte was a world class experience, that will live in our kitchen at home forever.

Visited March 2014
Fresno, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I used Richard For 2 tours while in Paris last week. We thoroughly enjoyed both. Great consignment shopping tour and tour of the marais. Thanks Richard!!

Visited March 2014