“Relaxed, fun, insightful”

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
Ranked #22 of 558 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a tour as a gift from someone who had previously toured with Richard, and we both really enjoyed it. Other reviewers write of the insider's perspective, the private Paris, etc., and we agree — you can get a great feel for the neighborhood, or at least of the Marais, within just a few minutes of the tour. The tour was relaxed, fun, interesting and delightful; we explored old courtyards and gardens, visited local shops and restaurants and wandered lively but hidden neighborhoods. It became the highlight of our trip, and we later returned to several of the areas we visited with Richard to shop, eat and explore. We would've never have known to go there without the help of Richard.

1  Thank Zach100

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I would like to say that my son and I had the pleasure to take a tour with Richard. I thought I knew Paris and when I took the tour from Richard I found it a real eye opening tour. We saw sights that you would walk right by without noticing, Richard made us notice. I would recommend a tour by Richard. Mt next paris trip I will be booking another of his fine tours.... Brad & Adam from Canada...

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Along with 3 fellow travelers, I spent an afternoon with Richard in the Marais. All of us have visited Paris many times and felt that it was time to see a "local's perspective". Richard was super fun to spend the day with....taking us into small courtyards and pointing out interesting architectural details because one person in our party was an architect. Visiting all of his local favorites was a delight...it didn't feel like a tour at all...Richard is so personable...it was like visiting an old friend. As we have entertained the idea of living in Paris some day, it was also great fun to hear Richard's take on being an American in Paris. A great day!!!

1  Thank SkierGal
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I greatly enjoyed the tour of the Marais conducted by Richard. I particularly appreciated his interesting and lively account of the neighborhood's history. The Marais shown to us by Richard is a colorful place full of old world charm mixed with contemporary chic, loads of atmoshere, great specialty shops and a wonderful square and teashop. I would happily book a tour with Richard again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

After having visiting Paris several times, and having seen many of the "touristy" sights, it was time to dig a little deeper into the history and charm of the City of Lights. I visited Paris for my 6th time this past February and was honored to have had the opportunity to spend a morning with Richard in the Marais.
Simply walking through this part of the city does not do it justice. Richard enlightened my fellow travelers and me on the rich (and juicy!) history of this part of town, along with taking us to all the best unassuming shops, bakeries, and food markets. I truly look forward to returning to this area, and CANNOT wait to return to have another piece of leek and chevre quiche from a local bakery he took us to!
Richard is an easy going, funny, intelligent, and enjoyable person to spend time with. Without hesitation he will give you the best tips and advice on how to make the most of your time in Paris. You cannot go wrong with booking a tour with Eye Prefer Paris! Enjoy!!

1  Thank Kailee O