“The Inside Scoop”

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
Ranked #22 of 553 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a delightful and informative tour of the Marais neighborhood - and while I'm sure many people can provide an educational tour, Richard really went the extra mile in customizing to our interests. We had extended family and friends ranging in age from 6 to 57, and he made sure to work with our pace, answer our many questions, and provide lots of tips for the rest of our trip. We scheduled our tour for our first day in the city, so we could not only see what he wanted to show us, but also pick his brain on places to eat, times to visit landmarks, etc., and he did not disappoint. He showed us so many great places, we ended coming back on our own the next day to investigate in more detail. We saw beautiful architecture we never would have found on our own, learned a great deal of the history of the city, found all the best little spots for food, and got some wonderful family photos. He packs every minute and covers a lot of ground, so wear comfortable shoes and bring some water if it's a warm day. Richard clearly loves sharing his neighborhood with visitors, and cares about giving his guests just the personalized experience they're looking for.

1  Thank J_Gruenwald
There are newer reviews for Eye Prefer Paris Tours

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My sister and I took my mom to Paris to celebrate a big birthday. As we had all visited Paris before, we were looking for something new and found Richard's tour and decided to try it. We contacted Richard and together worked out a great tour for us...a little culture, a little shopping and of course, a little food. We met Richard on a cold corner in the Marais district and we quickly forgot about the cold and had one of THE highlights of our trip. Richard is warm and friendly and very knowledgable. We saw the city differently than if we were just walking about by ourselves and visited "behing the walls," stopped into fabulous little shops and had some wonderful pastries. When our tour was over we asked Richard to suggest a good place for lunch and he suggested a fantastic little crepe place (which my sister is still talking about!). It was like visiting a close friend in Paris! Whether you are visiting for the first time or have been many times, Richard's tours are a must do in Paris.

2  Thank lth827
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited the Marais many times and actually stayed there twice but saw places I have never seen before and would not have seen on my own! As a visitor I have walked along the streets without knowing any of the history or what happened behind some of those beautiful doors you pass by. With Richard you find out what happened "behind closed doors" -- he gives a fun, historical tour and is great to spend time with.

1  Thank travelingmom1108
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Richard provided me with a with a outstanding tour of the marias, pointing out interesting facts about almost every corner we passed. I couldn't imagine visiting this historic neighborhood without his help.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Richard was a lovely guide. We had a great time meandering around Marias - we booked the tour for our first day and it really set us up for our week there. The food shops and boutiques and little out of the way places that we would never have found on our own. Richard showed us where to get food supplies (Thank you Richard that chicken is still a talking point) and some great value dress shops as well. A bit of history - a bit of Food - a bit of Art and all great fun. Our group included two 15 yr old girls and they loved it as well Well worth it