“A great way to get under the skin of Paris”

Eye Prefer Paris Tours
Ranked #22 of 549 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Tours are walking tours that show visitors the off-beat, unknown Paris they never usually see on their own. We tour the best neighborhoods of Paris including Le Marais, St. Germain des Pres, Montmartre, and the Latin Quarter.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great way to get under the skin of Paris”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We took a tour with Richard a little while ago, but I recommended to a friend who went recently and raved about it, which reminded me to post this review. We had a long weekend in Paris, so not much time, and wanted a full-on way to get to know a different area of Paris (Le Marais). We filled in a detailed questionnaire and challenged Richard to come up with a tour that met both of our (divergent) interests and took some parts of the Île de la Cité as well. Richard certainly delivered - he was flexible and adjusted things as we went around - when he discovered we like markets we diverted to one, and again to an amazing homewares shop when we got talking about kitchen gadgets. We went to a great hidden, local restaurant for lunch and wouldn't have got a table without Richard being with us.

I came away feeling like I knew a lot more about that part of Paris and with some great memories. It's a mark of how well tailored the tour was that I'm still using an amazing French beauty product which the pharmacist, in a tiny store Richard took us to, recommended for me. Had to go back to Paris several times for it but there are worse things!

I think you get the best out of the tour by having some clear ideas what you're interested in - but also by being flexible on the day. Some of the best things we saw (an amazing staircase in a private house, the salt shop etc) came about because Richard said - oh, if you like that, what about this?

1 Thank CitadineLondon

New York City, New York
“The best of both worlds!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love culture and history (and of course shopping) but my two teenage daughters are more inclined to focus on the fashion highlights. Richard engaged them in so many entertaining stories about the rich and often scandalous(by 18th century standards) history of the Marais that they were absolutely transfixed. Richard has something for everyone. He is witty and smart and a unique expat in Paris. I can't reccomend him more highly - the tour was a wonderful balance to the museums and more glitzy shopping options in Paris. A breath of fresh air!

Visited January 2013
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“shopping our way through marais”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

we recently toured the marais district of france with richard. i had pre informed him that we would be arriving with two teenage girls. while they appreciate history, they appreciate shopping even more! so, richard was able to combine both historical facts about the marais along with pointing out trendy boutiques and fabulous places to eat. our time flew by as we became acquainted with what has become our favorite part of paris. richard did a great job of keeping things moving and interesting. he has a great feel for the marais district as that is his "hood"- and he really brings it to life. we are so glad that we took this tour, as our time was so short in the city of lights. we never would have been able to find and explore this district as intimately as we did during and after richard's tour. don't miss lenny kravitz's favorite falafel stand- and have a croissant for me! we miss the marais so much- it is in our hear's forever thanks to richard!

Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Gem!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My daughter and I spent a delightful 3 hours with Richard exploring St. Germain. He gave us very informative and enjoyable tour. We experienced a bit of Paris that we would have never obtained through our untrained eyes. I hope to return and look forward to having Richard show us more of the city.

Visited December 2012
Mendham, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Discover authentic Paris”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Richard Nahem is such a wonderful person to tour Paris with. He knows all the little hidden places you can't find on the map. We did a walking tour of Marais with Richard and it was the best experience and the most fun we had on our trip. He helped us discover the real heart of Paris. And Richard helped me surprise my husband by renewing our vows. He took us to Tracadaro where he lead the reading of our vows and took beautiful pictures to mark the occasion for us. I am forever grateful to Richard.

Visited October 2012