“A great hotel, well located......”

Emeraude Louvre Montana Hotel
Ranked #263 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A great hotel, well located......”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at the hotel, and very nice it was. The hotel is very well located , and perfect as a base for seeing most of the major sites of Paris. We found the hotel comfortable, and the staff excellent, our room was spacious with all you could need after a long day sightseeing. The lift is a thing of beauty in its own right, it is just big enough for 2 persons with small luggage and is not something you experience very day and is a positive feature of the hotel. The helpful staff also made our stay very enjoyable , nothing was too much trouble , along with helpful tips on how to get the most out of our break. ( special thanks to Diana for all her advice) .
One thing to be aware of is that breakfast is not included, the current charge is an extra 16 euros pp, which is very similar to what you might pay at a local cafe for a fixed price breakfast of coffee , juice, pastry and eggs. On average a coffee is between 4&5 euros,with croissants at 2.50 euros.
If you are thinking of a well located hotel in Paris at a fair price, then this is the place to choose. Merci.......

Room Tip: Room 52 has a balcony with views of the park to the left and sacre coure in the distance to the righ...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My sister, cousin and I recently returned from our Europe trip and Paris was on the list. I am very particular about the hotels I stay in, so I did a lot of research. I'm glad I chose this hotel. Clean room and bathroom & friendly and helpful staff. It is in an ideal location for sightseeing because everything is reasonably close. The hotel does require you to leave your key at the front counter when you leave, and I was a little wary of this, but it turned out to be fine. The staff is very good at remembering each guest and I didn't feel unsafe at all! The elevator is small if you have luggage, but it's an old fashioned iron affair that I really liked. The beds were really comfortable and felt fantastic after a long day of walking! I would most definitely stay here again, I felt safe, comfortable and was treated very well which just made our trip that much better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KiranVancouver
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Took a while to find a hotel that was reasonable in price - when did they get so expensive - and the Louvre fitted the bill. I would say we got one of the medium size rooms - not big with an inside 'view' but very clean and enough space for a three night stay. The location is fantastic with a short walk to the Louvre, T Gardens etc. One tip skip having breakfast in a Parisian hotel. Instead get out and walk around - it is amazing how quiet it still is at 9.00am. This hotel is just perfect for that as you can get to so much so quickly. Would definitely return. By the way excellent staff as well - very friendly and helpful. Also loved the lift which is like stepping back in time!

Room Tip: Try to upgrade if you can for room with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian H
Sylvain L, Directeur général at Emeraude Louvre Montana Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
A good location in a quiet area, specially at break of dawn and a friendly staff is what you seem to have enjoyed about your stay at Hotel Louvre Montana.
It is true that an early walk is pleasant and nice but if I may say after a good hot buffet breakfast as the one we propose.
Our rooms with balcony, that are specious, also offer a view on Tuileries Garden, close to the hotel, and Montmartre and le Sacré Coeur.
Regarding our "time machine" lift, it is really a thing not to forget about your stay.
Hope to welcome again at Hotel Emeraude Louvre Montana.

Sylvain Planelles
Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husand and I were immensely impressed with our travel agents suggestion of the hotel Louvre Montana for our short stay in Paris. The location was in a quaint side lane about 50 metres from the Jardin des Tuileries and a couple of hundred metres from the Louvre and the river Seine. We found it central enough to walk to all the attractions or if we got a little tired we either jumped on a Batobus river boat for transport (half the price of the red buses and a great way to enjoy Paris from the river and take photographs) or took the tube.
The hotel was small, clean, not exactly modern but homely and the staff were absolutely lovely which made it feel quite intimate, like a family run business. Our bedroom was not large but the bathroom certainly was for a 'Parisienne' hotel so no complaints there. I would not hesitate to return to the Louvre Montana.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first level as the lift is miniscule
3 Thank Flowers15
Sylvain L, Directeur général at Emeraude Louvre Montana Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

Reading that you felt home during your stay is exactly what this is about when staying at Hotel Louvre Montana. To live the closest to the parisian life. A room that reminds true parisian apartment and our staff being there to advise and recommand you about what is the best to see and do in Paris.
And our location enables to visit most of the important sites of the city or just to walk around in the neighbourhood feeling that afterwards you will return to your home hotel room.
Hope to welcome your again for a second parisian life stay.
Regards.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I travel to Paris yearly, this year I was in Paris on two occations. Each time I stayed in Louvre
Montana Hotel. I like the hotel because of its pleasant size, nice comfortable cosy rooms and especially very sincery efficient staff who recognize me on my return. This make me feel at home; I am very demanding, I like my confort and I was not ever dissapointed. Booking is very easy and always done to my satisfaction.
Location - very convenient, close to all significant point I like to visit and can walk almost anywhere, if not I can take Metro that is also very conveniently situated.
I highly recommend this hotel to visitors to Paris. I had a great time in Paris.

Room Tip: Room sizes varry so make sure you know how big a room you need. I like the room facing the street...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dneurath
Two travels to Paris and two stays at Hotel Emeraude Louvre Montana. We couldn't be more pleased to read your message. It is our pride that you your first stay made you want to come back.
If the comfort of our rooms, our staff, our location were what you appreciated, we just want to say to you : see you on your third travel to Paris!

Sylvain Planelles.
Manager.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel in great central location very close to the Louvre museum and transport. the staff were very helpful. We stayed on the 4th floor in superior room, very large room with king bed overlooking street from large opening windows. The hotel had a lovely old period feel but very modern too. You can't go past this hotel for location and service.

Room Tip: Choose Superior room as it is the biggest room and only room with king bed
1 Thank Janz099
We are pleased to read that you liked our old period style but modern too. It is a way to stick to the history of Paris but living in the same time in the 21st century.
Our superior rooms overlooking the street provides quietness and at the same time give an access to the life of the city.
We felt honored by your recommandation and hope to welcome you again at Hotel Emeraude Louvre Montana.
Ivy, Ontario Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel and enjoyed our time there. We highly recommend this hotel! Beautiful, clean rooms with all the amenities one needs. The staff is friendly and always available. Can’t say enough - Lovely area and close to transit, parks and many of the Paris sights.

1 Thank Teri O
Julien B, Directeur général at Emeraude Louvre Montana Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2016
Dear Teri O,

Thank you for such a wonderful review following your recent stay here at the Louvre Montana.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, in particular our location, ours rooms and staff.

It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon here in Paris.

Kind Regards,