Kyriad Paris 10 - Gare De L'Est
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$230
$198
$168
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$294
$224
Orbitz.com
$400
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel is situatedyour luggageeasy accessyogurtstationreceptionmetroelevatoreuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Handy if you're over for a long weekend and want to go out central. Less than a 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord heading south west to Gare de l'est station. Hotel is accessed from inside the station forecourt which isn't a problem unless you stay out after 1:00am as all the gates are then locked up. It takes quite a while to find the small entry com side gate and then even longer for someone to answer.
Hotel is accessed via stairs or lift to 2nd Floor where a small reception greets you. Friendly most of the time however, as like other guests experienced, the key cards continually stop working and you half to walk down the stairs again to reception as lift only goes to 2nd floor. Rooms are very tired and in need of a revamp. Only 2 floors and I stayed on 3rd floor which may not be as noisy as the 2nd, but if its a view you're after, forget about it. You have to take a step up in your room to get to the small window and then all you see is a balcony wall and if you stretch your neck, maybe the roof top across the square; quite disappointing and overall quite dark and dingy. In the same breath I do have to say that it was very well cleaned and serviced each and every day throughout my 4 day stay.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors so choose 2nd floor only if you want any sort of a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gabe C
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for any one coming transit to Paris because it is inside the train station and if you have a lot of bags you don't have to walk a lot, and the rooms are clean. I forgot my briefcase there and when I left the hotel and went to another country they send us an email saying that I forgot my briefcase so they are very honest. I liked this hotel.

Best regards,
Khaled Kamel

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank KhaledKamel123
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's a bit noisy when the metro starts but it didn't bother me as much as I expected. When I arrived the receptionist was firnedly, however he gave me a room key that didn't work. When I returned he re-activated the key which didn't work. After that he came and tried his various keys but nothing would work. After quite a long wait and walkig up and down abut five times I finally got a different room. Other than that the hotel was fine, the rooms are cmpact and a little basic but have all you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rexmedorum
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good choice, in the heart of the train station, specially for a short stay, and transfer to cities in Europe .
With an easy access to all the city, clean room, comfortable bed.
Very honest reception, forgot my son galaxy pad, hotel contacted me immediately for a notification.
Good for its price, and do recommend it for travelers.
Room in of a very good size compared to other properties around it.

Room Tip: Recommended hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank okamel
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent for travel in Paris and indeed beyond. Being located in one of the main (SNCF) train stations, there are excellent connections to other French cities, plus the station boasts links with the Paris metro system. There are many eateries around the station, suiting every budget.
The staff of the hotel are very professional and most welcoming. Luggage can be left, before check-in or after check-out, in the lockers provided, for a small fee. There is an elevator leading up to at least most of the rooms, though alas not rooms 301, 302 and 303. These rooms are up a small, narrow flight of stairs in a dead-end corridor, so not recommended for those with large luggage. Thinking of it then, and indeed now, I didn't notice any fire exits from there, and the window led to the top of le Gare itself, so don't think I'd take any of these rooms on my next stay.
The room itself (301) was very spacious and overlooked a statue atop the Gare. Everything was very clean and welcoming. Nice towels, comfy bed and good tea/coffee facilities (and bottled water). I can't comment on the food as I didn't have any, though breakfast was listed as almost 12 euro, which I think is a bit steep for what I'd expect to be a continental breakfast, and obviously not included in the price of the room. Rooms are listed by the elevator as costing a minimum of 120 (or maybe 125, can't remember) euro. This is very steep in my honest opinion and not worth it, at least not for the room I was given. In fairness though I got it cheaper than this through a particular website.
The bad points. Mainly the shower. The shower is actually a bath with a shower attachment, which you need to hold while using as there is no place on the wall to attach it. Where the attachment should be was a huge mirror the length of the bathroom, so you can look at yourself the whole time. A little pointless to have in the shower. Plus the water was terrible. The pressure was invariably bad and the temperature varied from ok to freakishly hot and then to freakishly cold in a matter of seconds, scalding and soothing successively. The room is also a bit dated to be fair and could do with some upgrading and a dash of paint. Given the location it was reasonable for what I paid I guess, but for 120 euro it would be a ripoff. Definitely not worth the 3 stars listed outside. Perhaps I was given the worst room, I don't know........ It did have air con also, a definite plus, though a little noisy due to the rattle of loose fins at the front. Manually turning them made them somewhat quieter.

Room Tip: Stay away from 301 if you want a decent wash; and best avoid 302-303 also if you've heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo