Kyriad Paris 10 - Gare De L'Est
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewshotel is situatedyour luggageeasy accessyogurtstationreceptionmetroelevatoreuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Out of the four hotels that I have stayed at in France, this was my favorite. We had an amazing view, it wasnt too loud, comfortable, friendly, in the city enough, and just all around great.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank ShannonS15
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Chose this hotel using reviews on other review sites.
The room we were given was a couple of paces from reception so was extreemly convenient with our heavy cases (we were going for a week self-catering in the swiss mountains so needed to carry a veriety of 'extra' things in our cases. Despite being so close to reception the room was very quiet due to the double doors. The room was a bit of a 'hemmed in' type room but was nevertheless very spacious.A small window gave a view over the front courtyard of Est station. The room was recently refurbished with comfy beds, nice bathroom etc.

All very pleasant.

In the morning it took us less than 3 minutes to get from our room to the platform for our TGV to Basel - easy peasy!

Please note that all references in old reviews to building work should now be ignoredm, as the building work was in connection with the refurbishment of the station in connection with the introduction of TGV Est Europeen which is now complete.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WisetravellerUK
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I had to stay at this hotel while traveling on business in Paris. This hotel has a nice conference center on the 2nd floor, but the hotel is not that great.

First, it was difficult to find the entrance to the hotel. It is located at a train station and the entrance is hidden as it looks just like the windows next to it. After 10 minutes I finally found it and encountered the small staircase I had to carry my bag up before reaching the very small elevator to the 3rd floor. At check-in, no one really spoke English, but we figured thing out and I went to find my room. The hotel hallways were black, red and gold. I felt like I was in a bad adult film. That aside, I found my room which was just large enough for the Queen size bed and my suitcase (barely). There was a TV that worked fine and a small desk area. The room wasn’t dirty but it really wasn’t clean either. The carpet and walls were stained or scuffed and the tile was broken in the bathroom. The toilet did not flush well either. When I requested a different room or an upgrade I was willing to pay for, I was told they are fully booked and had nothing available.

I made the best of it, until the trains started arriving and departing below the hotel. The room vibrated and shook every time the trains moved. This went on until after midnight and started again early in the AM. The wake up call I requested 2 nights never came. Breakfast was available on the 2nd floor – but was clearly not operated by Best Western. It was a simple continental breakfast.

I was seriously disappointed in my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Paradegirl_nyc
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We stayed for two nights in early June in a twin room. We paid roughly 80 euros a night which is not bad for a 3 star in Paris. The room was of a fair size and nicely air conditioned. The room was clean and there was ample towels etc.

The reception staff were helpful and friendly.

The only drawback was that there was some work going on on the forecourt outside the hotel which started at 7am but the sign said this was due to finish mid June.

Would stay here again on next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brighton Kevin
Reviewed November 23, 2006

The location was decent, right across the street from the Metro and Indiana Cafe. The room was a nice size with a comfy bed. The staff was typical French, rude! No smiles, nothing. It is right next to their train station and had contstruction in front so not easily noticable. I would stay here again! The bath was a nice size and clean. However, no shower curtain which I found strange and dangerously slippery exiting the tub. So careful! If you thinking about it, I'd say go for it.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chicago_realtor