“Nice place”

Bistro des Gastronomes
Ranked #4,012 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Malmö
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This restaurant was a recomendation. I loved the atmosphere and that it wasn't so touristic. The food was good, I had snails, rabbit and the cremé brulee. Specially the cremé brulee was excellent! Unfortunately the waiter was alone for the night and he had very many guests this night so there were a bit of a wait and I could here other guests complaining about it. For me it was okey, when on vacation I don't really care if I have to wait 5, 15 or even 25 minutes. Unfortunately the menue wasn't in english, but the waiter was kind to help me translate it.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sydney
“a delectable dinner on our last night in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

we read about Bistro des Gastronomes in two reviews; one in a Glasgow newspaper (sent by friends) and the other in an Australian paper (where we live). it was our last night in Paris after a 6 week holiday and as both reviews were extremely complimentary, we were confident that we would not be disappointed. Our meal was simply perfect; the servings were a good size, beautifully presented and simply delicious. our waiter was affable, attentive and helped us select a mid-range Chablis to complement the meal. we spoiled ourselves with a glass of champagne to accompany the tarte au citron. An amazing finale to a memorable evening. Congratulations Bistro des Gastronomes.

• Visited June 2013
New York
“Consistent excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We first visited in May 2011 and if nothing else our most recent visit in July was even better. We eat at many quality restaurants while in Paris such as La Regalade, Cafe Constant, and Astier and our dining experience was the most memorable of this trip. We last visited in 2011 and if anything the experience was better. The decor has been modernized and given a more glistening sheen. The food was superb. We started off with one of their signature dishes - the razor clams - which we have had before and was exceptional. We then had the the quail and veal (almost a stew in a little pot) which were delicious and very well presented. The desserts - lemon pie and apple tart - were great as well. At the set price of 28 euros for three courses it is one of the best deals in Paris. They also have a 35 euro tasting menu.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We had by accident read about this place in a paper and so were keen to try it. We weren't disappointed! The menu changes every so often I believe, so it was relatively seasonal. We both had a salmon starter where I enquired wherethe salmon was from, the owner raced out to the chef to find out instead of telling me fibs, which I thought was genuine service. And that is how I would probably sum up this intimate, clean Parisienne restaurant. Honestly good! The waitress matched our wines very well to the meal, mains were excellent, and the creme brulee passed my high standards test with flying colours when it arrived all lit up! If you want an excellent meal around here don't look any further! To top it off, the green wine bar across the road is exceptionally friendly and very popular. Pop in there before or after to migle with the locals who will talk to you with a glass of wine in their hand :-)

Carmel, California
“Low key, cute and solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Quite small, modern, off the beaten path, a few steps off Blvd. St. Germaine. Service very nice and friendly. Limited menu. Very good bavette, lapin and escargot and FANTASTIC tarte au citron (not really a tart -- comes in ramekin with crumbs inside, sooo good).

Good restaurant if your in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013