“A little gem.”

Le Mechoui du Prince
Reserve with
Le Mechoui du Prince is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,570 of 18,002 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a stunning find. Third night in Paris and this by far the best restaurant we have found yet. Cous cous, tagines in abundance, coupled with Moroccan wine and superb atmosphere. Two huge lamb dishes with cous cous, a bottle of Gris wine and mint tea for the princely sum of 65 euros. Well worth every penny spent. The hosts who I would guess are the owners ensure friendly and honest service. All in all well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

OK first things first, I would have given this a 2 star review and my girlfriend a 4 - Hence the 3 stars......

We visited because after 3 days in Paris we needed a change from the norm and quite fancied moroccan. The restuarant itself is nicely decorated, although they seemed to be really struggling to get the air-conditioning/heating working properly - It alternated from too cold to too hot most of the evening.

It was fairly quiet on the Monday night we visisted with only 2 front of house staff on but service was still pretty efficient.

We shared 2 starters between us, a mixed set of moroccan starters and pastilla - Both were good but nothing exceptional (though I must admit I did like the pastilla)

For mains we both ordered cous cous - Mine a mixed grill style and the other a chicken one.

My girlfriend loved it, thought it was fantastic, I thought while the meat was mostly well cooked, the broth and the cous cous were both incredibly bland, with the broth just tasting like a weak vegetable soup.

The main thing to mention really is if you do go here - whatever you do don't order a starter - The main courses are enormous, I would estimate we left more of the cous cous and broth than we ate. And we were very hungry........

So, not sure what to conclude about this place - I wasn't keen but my girlfriend was - Neither of us have had huge experiences with Moroccan cuisine so I can't really compare it to anywhere else, but I certainly expected something with a bit more flavour and spice.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. It was nice to find a restaurant in Paris that was reasonably priced (by Paris standards) and the food had flavour. We were really getting tired of poulet roti and fries. The room is lovely, the service very good and the food delicious! The mixed grill and tangine were amazing. In the spirit of the meal, we had a bottle of Morrocan wine. This was a last dinner in Paris and it could not have been more perfect. I realize that there are lots of fabulous restaurants in Paris, but the prices can be outrageous. For a good value, casual, yummy meal, this place is great.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. We ordered a lamb cous cous and a chicken tagine and they were both great - far more food than we needed though. Service was friendly and efficient and the place just had a friendly buzz. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Good food, nice service, a bit expensive. We took the coscos amd it was very good, the train was sweet