“A "small" gem with passion”
Review of L'Ange 20

L'Ange 20
Ranked #102 of 18,122 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: Typical French bistro located in the hart of Marais just a few foot steeps away from the "Place des Vosges" and Saint Paul Church. From the small intimate and cozy dining room you can see everything that happens in the kitchen. Thierry the owner and his team will pay special attention that you feel at home. Here one does not hesitate to speak directly to the kitchen! The dishes are simple and tasty. All made from fresh products cooked like at home The wine list offers a wide selection of French wines, selected with care. You 'll find your happiness at reasonable price.
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

A really small restaurant with only around 20 seats, that why you need to book before go. We 2 chose chicken liver and crab salad as starter. I can say the food is satisfactory and worth for money, but can't tell you that are Michelin star level. (I believe some TA writers are really exaggerated a bit here).
Main courses we chose lamp and rib-eye. The lamb is said to be cooked for seven hours, and you can find out why the lamb is soft here. Rib-eye is a bit over fired, but why you matched with the red wine, which is really reasonable priced, you found the food is risen to other level. And, you won't be disappointed with the size of dishes. Overall, all food, services etc are more than average, at least, i can make recommendation here if you live nearby.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,303)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor and the reasonable price I decided to book this restaurant, which was just as well, even when we were there they turned away 3 couples. Small and intimate, excellent food and the one waiter was extremely efficient and very friendly. The menu isn't huge, a choice of 5/6 different dishes per course, but the food is delicious. We now live in France and would go again the next time we are in Paris. Highly recommended

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This place was hidden in an alleyway in the heart of Paris. We saw it was ranked fairly high on TripAdvisor so we decided to check it out. It was a tiny restaurant (20 seats) with the kitchen in the same room, which provided great atmosphere. The menu was simple and the food was fantastic. The staff really knew their stuff and were able to give us some great information about each of the meals. I had the lamb and my wife had the beef medallion, both were cooked to perfection.

Overall, it was a fantastic little restaurant which was reasonably priced, and very impressive.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Found out about this place on TripAdvisor and I was absolutely delighted with it. Very small restaurant with about 20 covers in a small front room and open kitchen, lovely character and both service and food were absolutely sensational.

Goats cheese and crab rillette starters magnificent, and the lamb and steak were world beaters. Go there!

1  Thank Ed W
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We get to Paris for one day and I booked a table for two, for dinner, by email, based on TripAdvisor reviews. I was looking for a special little place just with french food and looks like I get one of the best.

The place is very small, 20 seats, so you MUST book a table if you eat there. Also the name of the restaurant came from the name of the street combined with the 20 seats they have.

You will see people from everywhere in the world and, because the table are very close you can speak with them and found out many things around the world or from the places they visited in Paris.

The food is very tasty, very well presented and even you will chose the 3 dishes option, you will eat everything for sure. Is one of the 3 best places I eat in my life. One is in Padua and the other one in Key West so you have to eat here is you are in Paris. You can serve here just the dinner.

I'll come back here for sure.