“This is much more than just amazing food”
Review of L'Ange 20

L'Ange 20
Reserve with
L'Ange 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: Typical French bistro located in the hart of Marais just a few foot steeps away from the "Place des Vosges" and Saint Paul Church. From the small intimate and cozy dining room you can see everything that happens in the kitchen. Thierry the owner and his team will pay special attention that you feel at home. Here one does not hesitate to speak directly to the kitchen! The dishes are simple and tasty. All made from fresh products cooked like at home The wine list offers a wide selection of French wines, selected with care. You 'll find your happiness at reasonable price.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The excellent reviews on TA are all merited. From the excellent, professional attention you get when booking on line to the exemplary food. On our first evening we enjoyed lamb and duck as mains, both wonderful. We loved the food that much we came back for a second meal and again the food was lip smacking. Be sure to also make room for dessert, they are sublime. All this at a truly affordable cost, with excellent wines. But this is so much more than the best of Parisian bistro food, it is also about the ambience. The restaurant is tiny, meaning you strike up conversations with other guests, always fun. Thierry, the chef, is not only wonderful with food, but also with people. And finally, but not least, on our list of superlatives, the waiter(sorry I did not catch your name) was the most charming, polished and professional we have encountered. Don't hesitate in indulging your passions here, not flash, but truly memorable.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a small intimate bistro with amazing food. All the dishes were perfect - especially the duck and lamb! Great quality for a very reasonable price. We met some very nice and friendly people since you do sit very close to others - but this is part of the fun of this lovely restaurant. This was one of the best meals we had in Paris!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor before booking this restaurant. I made the reservation by email and received a quick response. The retaurant is small and can only seat about 20 people. There was a mix of couples, families and friends. The waiter made our meal all the more enjoying and considering he was alone, he made time for all the diners. He kindly provided us with the menu in English and did not rush us to order or to finish our meal. The food was fantastic and the duck in particular was amazing. I am a fussy eater but there were several dishes on the menu that I would of eaten. The menu is great value at only €28 per person. I would recommend this restaurant and will be definitely be returning on my next visit to Paris

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had heard about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and then knew how small it was and the need for a reservation if one did not want to be dissapointed. With that in mind we made one via email with no problem a number of weeks in advance. We are so glad we came as I think this was our best meal of a week in Paris and another two weeks in Belgium and the Netherlands. While a very small and simple restaurant the meal was fantastic with great service, a view of the tiny kitchen where you can almost reach out and shake hands with the chef and all for a very reasonable price. We have already recommended L'Ange 20 to others and will continue to do so.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are a family of four that visited Paris for the first time ever together. After looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to book the L'Ange 20. It was truly one of my best bookings ever. It's a very small little restaurant that you would walk past if you didn't know about it. But please don't walk past it but stay and enjoy one of the best meals ever. All four of us (daughters at the age of 11 and 13 and my husband and me in the mid 40ties) truly enjoyed the atmosphere, the waiter and the food. My three meal course was one of my best dinners ever and I have been at some fine dining restaurants in my life.