“Okay, not Awesome ...”

L'Ange 20 Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: Typical French bistro located in the hart of Marais just a few foot steeps away from the "Place des Vosges" and Saint Paul Church. From the small intimate and cozy dining room you can see everything that happens in the kitchen. Thierry the owner and his team will pay special attention that you feel at home. Here one does not hesitate to speak directly to the kitchen! The dishes are simple and tasty. All made from fresh products cooked like at home The wine list offers a wide selection of French wines, selected with care. You 'll find your happiness at reasonable price.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Okay, not Awesome ...”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Judging by some of the gushing TA reviews, one could be forgiven if expectations were 'high' ... ultimately, the food was okay, not awesome ... everything competently cooked, but so are many other small restaurants, nothing 'exceptional' or 'specially creative' ...waiter extremely nice, service efficient, prices 'okay' by parisian standards ...sure, would go back again, only wouldn't bother about booking 'weeks ahead' .... Paris has MANY other 'very nice' offerings to high standard, with 'better surroundings' to match ..

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
washington, dc
“Best Meal and Best Value”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Paris - amazing food at a great price. My friend lives in Paris right next to this restaurant and recommended it to me. The restaurant is very small, and the kitchen is right out in the open, so you can see the chef cooking. The menu is small, and everything is delicious. I had the asparagus appetizer, and I think it was the best asparagus I have ever had. Our main courses - I had duck and my boyfriend had lamb - were spectacular. The wine and dessert were also great - his creme brulee was perfect. It was so good that we wanted to go a second time, but they were all booked up for the next few weeks. We went to many other great restaurants in Paris, and this one was both the cheapest and the best! Make a reservation in advance.

1 Thank MichelleC2288
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ate here for the second time last week (Weds 10th April). I booked in advance, which is the only way to ensure a table at this tiny restaurant. Even on a week night, the place was full, and people were turned away. Cosy atmosphere with friendly waiter and chef, both of whom made us feel welcome and recommended destinations for cocktails afterwards! The food here is superb and excellent value. A set menu with a great choice of different meat and fish courses to suit all tastes. We had the rabbit and the duck, both perfectly cooked. We shared the cheese and the salted caramel choux for dessert - both to die for. A real gem. I would definitely eat here again, sans doute!

1 Thank RebeccaF2012
Aberdeenshire
“Excellent Meal in Paris”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My Husband and I dined here when we were in Paris celebrating his 30th Birthday and we will be back next time we go to Paris!
It's fab places like this are on Trip Advisor as it's not somewhere you would just stumble across and we booked it based on the reviews we read on here.
The bistro is tiny so a reservation is a must (several disappointed people were turned away whilst we were there)
We had prawns with guacamole to start, duck done two ways for main then pistachio crème brulee for dessert, with champagne aperitifs, a bottle of Chablis, water (and endless supplies of bread) our bill came to just over 100 euros - excellent value for money, especially for Paris.
(Don't worry if you aren't fluent in French either as the staff are really helpful and will run through the menu for you)

• Visited March 2013
Pitttsurgh, PA
“If you pick one place to eat in Paris this is the Place”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been lucky to have eaten at L'Ange 20 5 times. It is a very small Bistro, and only seats 20 people, plus they are very nice. They have two seating's. If you pick one place to make a reservation before your trip to Paris this is the place. The fixed price menu is 28 euros, and it will be the best meal you will be able to get for the price anywhere in Paris. They usually have 5 or 6 choices to pick from each day, a good variety, everyone will be able to find something they will really enjoy. If I could say there might be one problem. The menu is always changing, and if you really enjoy a dish and want to order the same thing. You probably won't be able to order it, but I promise you will find another favorite. I have not been with anyone that hasn't really enjoyed their choice. This last time there were 11 of us, and we had 11 thumbs up. They have a good wine list and their wines are priced very reasonably. Hope you get to try this little restaurant. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I have!!!!