“Mind. Blown! ”

L'Ange 20
Ranked #98 of 17,598 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: Typical French bistro located in the hart of Marais just a few foot steeps away from the "Place des Vosges" and Saint Paul Church. From the small intimate and cozy dining room you can see everything that happens in the kitchen. Thierry the owner and his team will pay special attention that you feel at home. Here one does not hesitate to speak directly to the kitchen! The dishes are simple and tasty. All made from fresh products cooked like at home The wine list offers a wide selection of French wines, selected with care. You 'll find your happiness at reasonable price.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Our first day in Paris is now over and we just got back from l'Ange 20. I read about the restaurant from here and we booked a table about a week earlier. You obviously need a reservation for the restaurant is really really small.
If you need your space and don't like crowded restaurants don't come here BUT if you are willing to compromise for the sake of great food, awesome atmosphere and great service in french and english TOTALLY come here.
The food was nearly exquisite and I've had all types of foods in my life! The price-quality ratio is unheard of! We'll be going there again during our five days in Paris if we just get a table!

3  Thank Vesa H

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I lived around the corner from this restaurant for 6 months and it took all of my will power to not eat there every day. That being said, every time I had a visitor from Canada I took them to this restaurant and every single time me and my guests left singing its praises. You cannot go wrong with any thing you choose, but let the server guide you and you will be especially pleased. I did this every time I went and was never let down. On my first trip to L'ange 20 I got the risotto and it was not only the best risotto I have ever tasted but is probably on my list of top 5 foods I have ever eaten (and I have eaten a lot of delicious things). On another trip I got the wine poached pear for dessert and it was the best dessert I have ever tasted, ever, no questions asked. This restaurant does every thing right from food, to wine, to atmosphere, to service. It is all top notch. Do not leave Paris without eating here.

6  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Was taken there last night (6Feb) for my 50th Birthday supper by friends who found and heard of it by reputation. Very mall, intimate and splendid in its simplicity. Seated by Christopher who looked us extremely well. Menu of few but excellent choices. All ordered different dishes and without exception we were all delighted - I only wish I had room left for a ldiing before our dah to catch train home. Was packed by the time we left and zi can understand why. Excellent all round experience and I can't wait to return.

3  Thank sussexfella
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've never been a fan of duck. I find it fatty and finicky and annoyingly small. Then I had the duck salad at L'Ange and from then on all I could think about was that perfectly succulent, crispy, deliciously juicy salad... although I'm using the word salad quite loosely here. My wife likes to remind me that although it said salad on the menu it was more like a bed of iceberg lettuce with an enormous portion of beautifully cooked duck towered on top. So it's really a salad for the meat lovers (and for those watching calories remember it says salad on the menu so feign ignorance).

My wife had the risotto which she fell instantly and madly in-love with to the point that I had to point out to her that her moans were actually audible... and not just to me but to the table of Americans sitting next to us.

This brings up the only gripe I would have with the restaurant (because the food is quite simply the best in Paris, my opinion naturally) - the cosiness of the place is a little extreme. I'm not an unfriendly fellow but I don't always want to hear the conversation of the table next to me, or those in front of me and then those behind me. It's a little like sitting at a wedding table where you don't know all the other guests and half of them abakhalumi singisi (don't speak english). That being said the food more than makes this forgivable but perhaps it's not the most romantic ideal for those looking to whisper sweet nothings into their loved one's ear.

In conclusion - duck.

2  Thank GrantPaul
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I searched for a restaurant not to be so fabulous, to feel some French atmosphere and to have logical prices of course to have some quality. In addition, I find all this in this tiny restaurant that I enjoyed really. Food and atmosphere is the strong parts of this restaurant.

1  Thank stephen c