“Excellent Paris Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Excellent Paris Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We travel to Paris frequently for Business, our preferred hotel is always the Mandarin Oriental Paris. The hotel is immaculate, guestrooms are beautiful spacious and comfortable. Location is great, walk to most everything. The staff, is very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel for Business and Leisure travel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cathy A
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Cathy,

Thank you very much for such a gracious review.

We are pleased to read that you appreciate the efforts of our team to ensure that our guests have an outstanding experience with us at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

Your feedback concerning our rooms brings us great satisfaction, as they are amongst the most stylish and spacious in the city, guaranteeing comfort for our guests.
Rest assured that your delightful comments have been shared with our entire team and they extend their gratitude for your acknowledgement.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to Paris.

Warm regards,
Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our first time staying in the Mandarin Oriental in Paris, but will not be the last. Loved the location, we were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. We had beautiful weather which helped!! The service was fabulous, our room was lovely and spacious with a nice terrace and the bathroom was huge with his and hers sinks. Bliss. Very good breakfast with delicious pastries and bread, everything very fresh and appetising. Our room was ready for us when we arrived in the hotel and the concierge was extremely helpful with any questions we had. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kitty63Melbourne
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited the Mandarin Oriental Paris in 2012 as a guest of a top french company and last weekend was a private trip and found each a very good experience...
We arrived early and our Mandarin room was available. We had a light snack on the sunny private roof terrace and Fridays dinner in the restaurant was superb. The concierge arranged a car for us, booked our Sat dinner reservation and tickets for Sundays Grand Palais equestrian event. All the personnel were nice and very helpful...true professionals. The Mandarin room is nicely decorated with quality fittings and the luxury bathroom has a large shower. Everything is very clean, so good housekeeping team.
The whole experience was refreshingly good....and yes, we shall certainly return to the Mandarin Oriental Paris and recommend it to our friends and business colleagues.

Room Tip: We stayed in a mandarin room...very nice, quiet... The only reason I hesitate to recommend it as it...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara B
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the mandarin for 3 nights for our journey in Paris.
The concierge was very helpful and gave us a lot of advice for our visit. The rest of the staff are really friendly also so you won't feel forgotten.

Only the room was a bit small so it wasn't convenience for our luggages. I have asked if they had a bigger room but nothing was available.
The receptionist haven't asked me if I wanted to do any upsell so maybe they were fully booked already.

But I will definitely recommend this hotel for their service

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jkerryohn
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stay for 3 nights for travel last week, here is my experience.
The hotel is located in the very central of shopping district , really close to get anywhere you would like to go. All the equipment are top-notch, included Josephine Home,Diptyque amenities, bathrobes by Frette, Bang & Olufsen audio system , even mariage freres teapot. In general , the members were always smile and helpful. I also expected what we called seamless service in mandarin oriental hotel, which really touch me in Hongkong and Bangkok. But some points may not equal to its top price in paris
1. After I was check-in, my luggage was not delivered to my room for more than 1 hour until I informed
the front desk.
2. Teapot!!
It never happen to me like that. I like to have tea in room and I also have a mariage freres
teapot. This time, when I filled up hot water and pour out the tea. But there were oily and milky-like
material floating on the tea. When I look inside the pot , so MANY DIRTIES on the wall of teapot.
Although I do not check it first, i wonder it is the problem due to the way of its washing , or the
quality of water (evian?) or they do not clean it thoroughly? And the housekeeping man just came
over and exchanged one for me. No sorry eventually.
3. Stop calling me!
At 3pm , I told to the first house-keeping man that please clean my room at 6pm. Then, 15mins later
Another one call me and asked which time I prefer to clean my room. I responsed her politely.
Oh-lala, 20min later, another one ring my door and ask if I would like to clean room NOW?

I do not know if I was spoiled by asia enthusiasm like bangkok. The hotel is really amaizing in europe I think. But I expected it more!!

BTW, the spa and thebreakfast are excellant!
My recommendation: choose package and try spa

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank stirbar
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Everything from start to finish was beyond what we imagined. The service was impeccable. (!) ... I cannot begin to stress that enough. Champagne on arrival, an in-room check in, immaculate room and room amenities, and fantastic location. This is definitely how a vacation should be spent. ALMOST did not want to leave the room. If presented the opportunity, would stay here in a heart beat again. Special mention to Filipe (Guest Relations Manager) ...Many thanks for all of your assistance, and best wishes from Bermuda!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

A superb Hotel in a very nice part of the city. The service is impeccable and the rooms are excellent. staff with great professionalism and kindness, ready to give all the information and suggestions for exploring this wonderful city. we will turn back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Amanda,
We are touched by your enthusiastic review. We are humbled by your comments about our rooms, and our attentive team.
We consider our entire staff as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris a special one.
We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Warm regards,