“Excellent Hotel in Paris”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #11 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel in Paris”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our first time staying in the Mandarin Oriental in Paris, but will not be the last. Loved the location, we were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. We had beautiful weather which helped!! The service was fabulous, our room was lovely and spacious with a nice terrace and the bathroom was huge with his and hers sinks. Bliss. Very good breakfast with delicious pastries and bread, everything very fresh and appetising. Our room was ready for us when we arrived in the hotel and the concierge was extremely helpful with any questions we had. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kitty63Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited the Mandarin Oriental Paris in 2012 as a guest of a top french company and last weekend was a private trip and found each a very good experience...
We arrived early and our Mandarin room was available. We had a light snack on the sunny private roof terrace and Fridays dinner in the restaurant was superb. The concierge arranged a car for us, booked our Sat dinner reservation and tickets for Sundays Grand Palais equestrian event. All the personnel were nice and very helpful...true professionals. The Mandarin room is nicely decorated with quality fittings and the luxury bathroom has a large shower. Everything is very clean, so good housekeeping team.
The whole experience was refreshingly good....and yes, we shall certainly return to the Mandarin Oriental Paris and recommend it to our friends and business colleagues.

Room Tip: We stayed in a mandarin room...very nice, quiet... The only reason I hesitate to recommend it as it...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara B
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the mandarin for 3 nights for our journey in Paris.
The concierge was very helpful and gave us a lot of advice for our visit. The rest of the staff are really friendly also so you won't feel forgotten.

Only the room was a bit small so it wasn't convenience for our luggages. I have asked if they had a bigger room but nothing was available.
The receptionist haven't asked me if I wanted to do any upsell so maybe they were fully booked already.

But I will definitely recommend this hotel for their service

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jkerryohn
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stay for 3 nights for travel last week, here is my experience.
The hotel is located in the very central of shopping district , really close to get anywhere you would like to go. All the equipment are top-notch, included Josephine Home,Diptyque amenities, bathrobes by Frette, Bang & Olufsen audio system , even mariage freres teapot. In general , the members were always smile and helpful. I also expected what we called seamless service in mandarin oriental hotel, which really touch me in Hongkong and Bangkok. But some points may not equal to its top price in paris
1. After I was check-in, my luggage was not delivered to my room for more than 1 hour until I informed
the front desk.
2. Teapot!!
It never happen to me like that. I like to have tea in room and I also have a mariage freres
teapot. This time, when I filled up hot water and pour out the tea. But there were oily and milky-like
material floating on the tea. When I look inside the pot , so MANY DIRTIES on the wall of teapot.
Although I do not check it first, i wonder it is the problem due to the way of its washing , or the
quality of water (evian?) or they do not clean it thoroughly? And the housekeeping man just came
over and exchanged one for me. No sorry eventually.
3. Stop calling me!
At 3pm , I told to the first house-keeping man that please clean my room at 6pm. Then, 15mins later
Another one call me and asked which time I prefer to clean my room. I responsed her politely.
Oh-lala, 20min later, another one ring my door and ask if I would like to clean room NOW?

I do not know if I was spoiled by asia enthusiasm like bangkok. The hotel is really amaizing in europe I think. But I expected it more!!

BTW, the spa and thebreakfast are excellant!
My recommendation: choose package and try spa

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank stirbar
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Everything from start to finish was beyond what we imagined. The service was impeccable. (!) ... I cannot begin to stress that enough. Champagne on arrival, an in-room check in, immaculate room and room amenities, and fantastic location. This is definitely how a vacation should be spent. ALMOST did not want to leave the room. If presented the opportunity, would stay here in a heart beat again. Special mention to Filipe (Guest Relations Manager) ...Many thanks for all of your assistance, and best wishes from Bermuda!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A superb Hotel in a very nice part of the city. The service is impeccable and the rooms are excellent. staff with great professionalism and kindness, ready to give all the information and suggestions for exploring this wonderful city. we will turn back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Amanda,
We are touched by your enthusiastic review. We are humbled by your comments about our rooms, and our attentive team.
We consider our entire staff as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris a special one.
We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Warm regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Was here for 2 days on business and everything was excellent - facilities, food, accommodation and organization were first class.

I am in the travel business so I stayed in so many luxury hotels around the world but I must say this hotel was beyond perfect. The entire hotel staff was extremely professional, warm and friendly. Even the General Manager would walk around the hotel greeting the guests himself, which I believe is really special.

The attention to detail is exceptional and the hotel is very generous with extra amenities such as chocolates, macaroons, exotic fruits and plenty of glass bottled Evian water. All the guests enjoy a relaxed in-room check-in which is really comfortable and discreet.

The location is perfect just walking distance of all the high-end fashion stores. The breakfast is really good and if you don’t feel like going out for dinner the room service food is delicious.

It was definitely the nicest hotel I have stayed in Paris and I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Mandarin Room with balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Hussain,
Thank you for sharing your astute insight on your Parisian experience at our property and it is a great pleasure to read how you sensed the true French contemporary luxury essence of Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us.

Our staff and I are looking forward to your next visit among us.
With kindest regards,