“AMAZING !!”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #16 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had the chance to stay in this hotel for five days during January of this year. My friend Al-Mutairi and I shared a room which was wonderful, very spacious compared to other Parisian Hotels' rooms. I have to say, the best part our stay in this hotel was the room service food, it was AMAZING. You have to try the biryani. It was the BEST biryani that I had ever tasted, and I should know (I'm Indian). Also, I recommend that you take a river cruise after you finish your biryani meal and enjoy the view of Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Joseph,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts following your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to know that you were able to make the best of your stay amongst us, and I will very gladly pass on your positive feedback to our room service team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Paris

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have just returned from a 1 night stay at the hotel and all I can say is how fantastic it was. The staff customer service was spot on, everyone seemed to want to ensure you enjoyed your stay. we were greeted with champagne on arrival and had a huge fruit bowl and hand made chocolates in our room. the hotel is very modern but comfortable, we stayed in a junior suite which was very well appointed and worth the additional costs. we ate in the hotel and had a 9 course valentines tasting menu, again fantastic the food is superb and an experience worth trying. the spa is also very good, we had the signature massage which was great and the staff very attentive and professional. I will definitely be returning again soon.

Dear guest,
Thank you for leaving such a lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the Valentine’s tasting menu our chef Thierry Marx created for the occasion.
We always strive to ensure we provide an exceptional service; so to read your kind words is very much appreciated by myself and the brilliant Mandarin Oriental team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My partner and I decided to visit Paris for the weekend, none of us has ever been before so we were both very excited.
We stayed at Mandarin Oriental and even though it was for only 1 night - it was an absolutely amazing experience!
The hotel is just stunning! Beautiful modern interior, peaceful, in perfect location... Staff is incredibly caring and attentive, always with smile wanting to help, make you never want to leave.
We have been incredibly lucky as we got upgraded to a suite which was just gorgeous, high-tech accessories, iPad with internet access and that super sized bathroom - a dream of every woman!
We have also had dinner at hotel's restaurant 'Camelia' - food was delicious, service was once again faultless and atmosphere lovely & relaxing. Maxence who was looking after us that evening was very helpful and attentive, knowledgeable about the hotel and its services, a true star!
Before we left for London, we went back to Camelia for some tea and desert, and one thing you also should know - they make absolutely sensational deserts! It is really hard to finish with just one :)

Dear Kasia,
I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
As you mentioned, you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.
I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my brilliant team and really do hope that you will come back to Paris and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there Jan/14 with my nephew and we just loved it everything was very well taken care of the spa was like the crown of the experience so luxurious and friendly.
The only bad thing was the room service dinner we had was unprecedented so uneatable I guess the chef did know nothing about culinary experience.
I recommended highly for a stay in Paris it is very expensive but worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and for your sincere feedback.
Your comment of the Spa facilities and team has been shared and we are delighted to know that they have lived up to and exceeded your expectations.
However, I would like to sincerely apologize that our in-room dining did not meet your satisfaction and will inform our team of your observation to ensure an impeccable room service experience in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have travelled to Paris on many trips over the last 20 years and the jewel of Parisian luxury hotels is the Mandarin Oriental. Its quiet , perfect location, and incredible caring staff make you never want to leave.The rooms are gorgeous and room service, housekeeping and food & beverage overall operate at an amazing level.......and they may have the best Concierge in Paris in Adrian Moore. Hats off to the charming GM, Philippe Leboeuf and his team of professionals.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear David,
We are touched by your enthusiastic review. We are humbled by your comments about our food and beverage, our rooms, and our attentive team.
We consider our entire team as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris a special one.
We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Warm regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at the Madarin Oriental for two days and I have to say it's the most elegant hotel I have ever visited, with the most incredible staff to manage it.
The property is amazing in every respect. The history, the architecture, and the food is absolutely perfectly suited to a beautiful building located just in the heart of Paris.
When I arrived, I was welcomed so graciously. My room was a "piece of modern art".
I spoke often to the concierges: they were astonishingly helpful in every respect. They know how to make everything happen. As an example, I asked where to buy "macarons" on a Sunday morning where shops are closed. They made all possible investigations, provided me with all information and details on this masterpiece of delicacy and directed me to the best "patisserie" I have ever seen. What an exceptional team you have !

Dear Daniela,
Thank you for such a rewarding review, it is delightful to read how much you enjoyed your time with us at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
It is also, very exciting to hear how our staff’s attention to detail impacted your stay.
Your appreciation of our product and service is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.
We hope to welcome you back again the next time you return to Paris.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Mandarin Oriental seizes to amaze me every single time. This is my third visit to Paris and my third time to stay at the Mandarin Oriental. It has always exuded more than just hotel hospitality, but has now become the epitome of hospitality. The management has handled the Public Relations very well and is able to openly communicate with the guests. As a guest I was pampered and was made to feel really important, from the welcoming emails to the personalized welcome. I salute how they could keep up to the standards and maintain extraordinary services and accommodations. This is a more than perfect hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoyceFruiteram

Dear Joyce,
Thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental, Paris as a first choice for your Parisian stays, and for your incredible appreciation.
Your compliments have been shared with the team members and they are extremely pleased to know that their efforts are appreciated.
My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to the city of lights.