“High Quality... But As Expected...”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #10 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“High Quality... But As Expected...”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I would say the Mandarin Oriental Paris met my expectations for a Mandarin hotel in general. Everything was of a very high quality but somewhat unremarkable. There were a few minor issues during my stay that probably tainted my impression of the hotel:

1. The rooms were very dark in general. Lighting was insufficient in the entryway where the coffee machine and the closets were.
2. The electrical outlets were not designed with the foreign (non-EU) traveler in mind. Most international adapters won't fit into the circular outlets.
3. Housekeeping forgot to replenish the supply of shampoo/conditioners and other basic amenities.

Overall, if you are a serious shopper, then this hotel would be an excellent choice for you in terms of the location. However, aside from the location, I think it is pretty average for a 5-star luxury hotel.

1 Thank hotelsnobbija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for the super deluxe shopper. If you are into exclusive fashion designer clothes, watches and jewelry this hotel has the perfect location.
The hotel it's self is magnificent. This is the Mandarin quality all the way. Super service, friendly staff, and fantastic rooms. Go for one of the suites and you won't be disappointed.
After a day of shopping you should try one or two glasses of champagne at the. Nice and cozy but also very crowded, a popular place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew18985
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I was in Paris 3 years ago staying at The Ritz and vividly recall walking past the construction site of The Mandarin Paris wondering how it would compete against Grande Dames. Well here I am today - it does not compete it leads , superb design in lobby , my suite with a court yard view was perfect in flow and comfort. The staff were warm and very efficient - most speaking excellent English. I was welcomed by the delightful Ian Kidd who I recalled from his time at Claridges , and was happy to hear he had followed his GM Philippe Leboeuf to Paris. Philippe you are leading a an amazing team .......chapo and looking forward to returning to my new Paris home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JamesSterlingTravels
San Jose, California
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My bride and I enjoyed five unforgettable nights on our honeymoon at this property. The service was…well Manderin has the worlds best and this is absolutely up to par. There is no negative's with this location. Just perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2013

If i hadn't staying in a number of luxury hotels in my life, I might rate the Mandarin Oriental higher. It is very, very good.

Rooms are good size, hotel bar great, in room dining and breakfast (special mention here, breakfast is close to perfect), restaurant good. Location is good on one of the main shopping streets. Spa and pool area is much better than average, maybe not quite the design 'wow' of a perfect spa but definitely very very good. Outlook over street to typical French architecture (beautiful).

It is all you can expect from a 5 Star Hotel. Very close to my top rating and probably amongst best places to stay in Paris. Stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at this hotel. My wife and I visited Paris for our 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago as I had proposed there 11 yrs earlier. We stayed at the Bristol before but decided to stay at Mandarin Oriental Paris. We have stayed in several Mandarin Orientals in Asia and the thing that always sets this hotel group apart is the SERVICE. They arranged our 3 day romantic getaway (we left our young kids behind in NYC) and set us up with amazing restaurants and exclusive visits. Location on Rue St Honore cannot be beat and check in (after a red eye) was fast and offered with a drink. They even sent up champagne and chocolates and rose petals for our anniversary celebration! There was an ipad for use in the room and a beautiful tub and shower. The concierges were all extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Changing plans last minute was met with a "bien sur -pas de problem" attitude. we loved staying here and would definitely come back. Bill E.

1 Thank Bill E
Rennes France
Reviewed November 20, 2013

What we ( a 25 yr old well traveled couple) liked:
1. Incredible, sexy decor around the hotel and in the suite. I loved the flowers in our suite- on tables, by my vanity etc.
2. Modern. He loved that the suite had an iPad, 3 TVs, iPod player (some amazing equipment brand he was talking about, I have no clue), high tech lights, hi tech toilet... The list goes on. Built in 2011 but feels like its from the future!
3. Attention to detail. Welcoming gifts galore, champagne around every corner, flowers flowers flowers, insane cleanliness
4. Service. Jérémy was a gem and everyone else too. Kind, genuine service oozes from around every corner.
5. Young and sexy. Need I say more?

What we didn't like
1. The pool was a tad bit cold. Not intolerable , didn't even think about it really until I read a "terrible" review from tripadvisor and I thought, oh yes, it was a bit on the chilly side wasn't it? This is really splitting hairs though. ALSO: the service was so immaculate I bet if I would have asked they would have said, oh yes mademoiselle !!! And turned the heat up that instant.
2. I asked the concierge to book me a nonstop train ticket and the next day upon arriving à la gare, I discover it was not the nonstop train. Not cool

All in all - Gorgeous, sexy hotel in the heart if Paris with great moves to match. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 5082 was big. with courtyard view, no balcony but great layout and big bathroom