“A place of beauty” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A place of beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The minute you step in to Mandarin Oriental it is a place of beauty and wonder. The location couldn't be anymore perfect! The staffs were very welcoming and very helpful...just impeccable service that one would like to experience from a 5 star hotel. The decor was tastefully done. I loved the modern feel of the room and the cleanliness. If you would like to experience the luxury you will not be disappointed here! A bit pricey but it was worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank linlee888
MOPAR_11, Hotel Director at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Linlee,

Thank you for your kind words and your time.

I am very glad that you made the best of our exquisite location on rue Saint Honoré. And I must admit it is very touching to read that your experience was one of “beauty and wonder”.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back among us.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

“Mandarin Oriental hotels always provide a standard of quality and service that you know you can trust… well! this newest Paris location raises the bar. No luxury is spared at this magnificent hotel. From the Frette bathrobes and sheets to the Bang & Olufsen TVs in the room (including bathroom), the Fabrice Gillotte chocolate treats and the Diptyque amenities – everything is the best of the best. The rooms though modern are sumptuous – all silk and sunlight – decorated with edgy Man Ray photographs printed on velvet. Location is superb – on the rue St-Honoré, mere steps from all the best shopping and the Place Vendome. Now, a stay here is pretty pricey, but the incredible treatment and absolute comfort we experienced here made it worth every penny!”

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Consigliera-S
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear guest,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours and I thank you heartily for your time in the matter.

I can only hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a courtyard room. From 6 at night until 2 in the morning, I could hear a party or crowd from the bar with live music. It sounded like 50 people were in my room. I called the front desk 3 times to no avail. Having just arrived from the US that day, I was unable to have any peace and quiet or sleep. I stay at top hotels a lot and have never had this problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Lisa P
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you for kindly sharing details from your recent stay at our hotel.
While we are delighted to see you felt the location, rooms and cleanliness were worthy of five stars, we sincerely apologise for the noise described in your review. We are investigating the described occurrence with relevant colleagues and will remedy any issue as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact our executive offices. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to delight you during a future visit to Paris.

Best regards

Sherborne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel should be top of the list. Tried the rest, now stick with the BEST. Staff amazing, facilities out of this world... and the food and drink on offer? Well...no need to leave the hotel! Truly one of the best hotels that we have stayed out anywhere in the world and will be returning again and again. Book your room well in advance to avoid disappointment. Trust me!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lawrence S
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Lawrence,

I am so glad to read you enjoyed your experience at Mandarin oriental, Paris. I truly thank you for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

Hopefully we will get the chance to have you stay with us again, and hopefully, we will next time even more exceed your expectations .

Best Regards,

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me, my husband and my mother in law visited the hotel for a long weekend. The trip to Paris was our gift to her 60:th birthday.

Everything: the way the doorman greeted us, the champagne in the lobby, the champagne bottle in our room and the raspberry cream cake in my mother in laws room, the very nice rooms, the beds, the colours and the fresh flowers. Everything was so nice.
I loved the way the staff treated us, how they managed to assist my mother in law despite the fact she did not know any French or English. My mother in law (and me and my husband) was so happy!

The only thing to note was it took 1 hour for them to deliver some more hangers for our clothes, a minor thing…

If you have the possibility to go, do it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Loppan777
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reviewing your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

I am very pleased to read that despite the lack of Swedish speakers, our staff was still able to gracefully communicate with your mother-in-law. In such a world-renown capital as Paris, language cannot be an obstacle to quality service. We proudly count individuals from 46 different nationalities speaking many different languages for that matter.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon among us.

Arcadia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

After staying at the Kempinski Hotel in Istanbul, my wife and I flew to Paris and stayed at Mandarin Oriental for the 2nd time (our first experience was 2 years ago when they first opened). I have the say that the hotel is just as good as when it opened. The ENTIRE staff was courteous, always greeted you, and was very helpful.

If you're going to Paris for shopping, this place is right smack in the center where all the boutiques are. You're probably 10 min walk to the Louvre. One new experience we tried was to rent a bike (they're all over the place, but you need a credit card with a sim/chip). My wife and I rode to the Eiffel Tower and it probably took 10-15 minutes (it's a lot of fun).

The room was about 1000 Euros a night, but you're getting top notch service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tsaoh
Dear guest,

It was pleasure to have you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris after you first stay among back in August 2011!

It is a great satisfaction for us to have regular feedback from our returning clients, even more when it is positive.

I am glad you made the most of your second stay with us and I hope it only one more among many to come.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Glad we chose the MOP for our post wedding mini moon.....service is impeccable. This is what all hotels should aim for. From the moment we landed (transfer service from CDG) to the moment we were ushered to our room...first class. I would especially like to thank Juliette Dubloc from Guest Relations who made welcome and stay special...Merci Beaucoup!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte W
Dear Charlotte,

It is always an honour for us to welcome guests who are travelling for such unique occasions.

Thank you for taking the time to sharing this experience on TripAdvisor, we much appreciate your feedback.

I will gladly extend your message to Juliette and our whole staff.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.