“Pepe made this tour brilliant!”

Paris Charms & Secrets Tours
Ranked #1 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you're visiting Paris, you must do this tour. There were six of us in total in our group and I think if we were honest, we were all quite nervous, expecting the Paris traffic on a Saturday morning to be quite manic. I would never cycle in London but the thought of cycling in Paris seemed quite appealing. Some of the sights, which we were shown, were tucked away and you would never know they even existed without this tour. Cycling through the arches of the Louvre and learning about the history of Paris made our trip. Pepe was an excellent guide. He was knowledgeable and was a brilliant story teller. The trip sells itself but Pepe put a very funny slant on some already interesting historical features of the city. I would do this trip again and would enjoy it just as much a second time.

2  Thank antonjackson
Write a ReviewReviews (3,001)
All reviews
"story telling"
in 32 reviews
"hidden gems"
in 53 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 71 reviews
in 30 reviews
"super fun"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Starting from the opulent surroundings of Place . Pepe is a well-studied historic storyteller that lives to take you back to past events that shaped Paris's history and architecture. Travelling by motor-assisted bike through the sometimes traffic-loaded streets was both a doable and exhilerating way to see the city. Pepe's careful attention to safety helped the group feel comfortable passing through narrow and large streets, quiet back alleys and busy promenades, underpasses and bumpy cobblestone. His superb blend of fun and informative stories, and a moment mid-way to relax over a beer from a vending machine (in a side-room in a cathedral !@#) helped make the interactions intimate and the experience real. Hands down to Pepe ... and Paris Charms & Secrets for an excellent introduction Paris.

3  Thank phage_guy
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wow what a fantastic site seeing tour, I recently brought a group of Australian Travel Agents over to see Paris and we organised this tour. Out of all ten agents everyone loved this tour, although I use the word tour loosely because most tours involve coaches and following around an unbrella in crammed tourist areas. This little gem takes you into the hidden areas of Paris on what can be described as the best mode of travel.... And electric bike, you peddle ever so softly and the bike does all the work. We had Pepi as our guide who spoke incredible English and was so easy to follow. I have worked in the travel industry for many years and this is one of the best tours I have ever done, I would love to tell you where you go around paris however I think it's nice to just experience it their way. I would not return to Paris without doing this again. Congratulations on a fantastic idea and experience.

3  Thank MarkRichards82
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The usual tour is 4 hours, but we did this as part of another tour, so our bike tour was 3 hours. You do not need to be fit to do this bike tour. You do need some nerve -- you'll be riding in traffic, which is the fun of it. I live in Maryland, where cars routinely run red lights and do not yield to bikes, pedestrians, or ambulances. Although Paris traffic is dense, we concluded there are not more accidents because drivers stop at red lights and do not talk on their cell phones. In the days before you take the bike tour, pay attention to how cars behave. Notice where the traffic lights are -- not high and on the far side of the intersection as they are in the U.S. You will need to obey these lights when you are biking. Our group was 30-55 years old, moderate to fairly fit.

2  Thank skating016