Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $25.11
from $78.77
from $90.18
More Info
All reviews canal trip la villette canal st martin underground section informative commentary canal locks pleasant cruise guide provided past notre dame recommend this trip lovely trip enjoyable afternoon unique perspective science museum interesting experience hour cruise boat tour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2017

What a great way to cover territory across the city of Paris while also being sweet to your feet" the Canal St. Martin tour was informative, fun, relaxing and cool. I highly recommend the trip to the park at Villette. Be sure to visit the Geode there.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Very interesting tour through the locks in neighborhoods that are rarely visited. A very pleasant cruise!

Reviewed October 10, 2017

The Cruise gave us a great insight in the way of the Paris goods transportation of the past. Highlights are the locks on the way down to River Seine and the passage through the covered part of the canal. The final part is the passage on River Seine with all the highlights from Notre Dame to Musee d‘Orsay. Very recommendable excursion

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I wish I could review this trip! My husband and I were in Paris a couple of weeks ago and booked an afternoon boatride with Paris Canal from Bassin de la Villette on the Canal St. Martin. Our taxi dropped us at the address on the ticket, 21 Quai de la Loire, about ten minutes before the departure time. We found the Paris Canal office closed and no boat! After searching up and down the quai, someone told us that their boats actually depart from a point about a fifteen minute walk farther along the quai. With no time left, we bought tickets from another cruise line that had two boats waiting to depart. I later checked the website and could find no information about this fact.

Date of experience: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Paris C, Responsable relations clients at Paris Canal, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your return, and also for sharing this experience on Trip Advisor…
I have already sent you an answer about it, when you have written directly on our mail address to let us know the situation…Maybe you did not see it …
Here was my answer :
This day, we were opened, but my colleague who was working, went to the departure place to help people to find the boat at Parc de la Villette.
That’s why you did not find anybody at the office. But anyway, you got the information, that it was not the right place…
I am sorry if the situation was complicated, and stressful…
But the information is correctly written on the website.

Even if it was not with Paris Canal, I am glad you have enjoyed the Canal St Martin in Paris.

Remaining at your disposal,
Regards,

Marine

Reviewed September 20, 2017

It is a really nice 2 hours, the staff is very nice and the weather was great. I just have 2 notes: sometimes the sound was a little bit too low when the guide was explaining things and there is a lot of times that we need to wait because if the different height of the canals. otherwise is delightful.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Inês L
Paris C, Responsable relations clients at Paris Canal, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community !

It is necessary for us to get comments from our customers…
Your note concerning the sound is very important, thank you very much. My technical team is going to check it this week. I am very sorry if you had some difficulties to understand all the comments…
Our cruise is composed by 30 minutes on the Seine and 2 hours on the Canal. There are 9 locks to cross, so you are completely right, it takes some time...

King regards,