“A nice local establishment with ordinary food”
Review of Le Temple

Le Temple
Ranked #13,291 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I ate here twice, as it is nearly across the street from where I was staying, Hotel Paris France. It was a typical neighborhood place with families and locals. The decor was "Hollywood," with a preference for Marilyn Monroe.
The food was OK. The first night I had a late light dinner, Croque do Madame, and the second time, several nights later, I had Onion Soup, which was excellent, as well as a very large salade chevre chaud, also excellent. The staff did not speak much English, but they were delightful and as attentive as I cared for them to be.

2  Thank themajortraveler

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just across the street from our hotel, we found this place....... almost with "decadent" interieur.....

After having ordered, a waitress placed a small plate with potatochips on our table - we thought it was ´to the duck, we ordered...... but soon we learned, that was not the intention. We tasted one chip each, and suddenly, without notice, without a single word, the waitress removed the plate from our table......... AND PLACED IT ON THE NEIGHBORtable, where some new guests arrived......!?!?!?!??!

Later we learned, that the bread, not being eaten, was put BACK in a basket, ready for the next guests!!!!!

Our dinner was okay - duck and potatoes.

The waitress suggested their "apple compot" for dessert........ and to our big surprise, a FULL pot was placed on our table - going from table to table. We took a very tiny spoon each - and it was horrible...... almost "stuffed" with orange-skin...... so after 1 small taster, we let it. Anyway, we were charged for 16 euros......

Funny decor, but very average food, and almost ignorant service, if you arrive as a tourist.

2  Thank BlobDenmark
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Burgundy snails 12 juicy Rib eye fries mmmmmmm
Full of Corsican gangsters one with long blonde hair, funny. This is a very odd place but unique definitely worth a try

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We went here because it was close to our hotel. Waitress very nice but extremely slow service. The cheap wine was expensive and the food average. We were seated right next to the bar and unfortunately one of the bartenders decided he needed to crush ice for 20 minutes. After being tolerant for a long time I finally asked him to stop. He was very nice and apologized, but at that point, most of our meal experience was ruined. We won't be coming back here and I advise all of you guys not to! One can do much better just buying a French baguette cheese and wine and going home!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Le Temple was a relaxing yet fun place close to our hotel to turn to after midnight to have a drink and savor the memories of the day of sight-seeing. As an American, the over-the-top leopard print everywhere and Marilyn Monroe memorabilia made me feel right at home. We had the same great server both nights, she was patient with my infantile French and quipped "I don't speak English, but I speak American." Love how in Paris when you order a drink you always get a little snack on the side, this time, homemade potato chips or olives.