“Campy fun!”

Ranked #11,625 of 19,148 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Le Temple was a relaxing yet fun place close to our hotel to turn to after midnight to have a drink and savor the memories of the day of sight-seeing. As an American, the over-the-top leopard print everywhere and Marilyn Monroe memorabilia made me feel right at home. We had the same great server both nights, she was patient with my infantile French and quipped "I don't speak English, but I speak American." Love how in Paris when you order a drink you always get a little snack on the side, this time, homemade potato chips or olives.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had dinner here upon our arrival at the Hotel Relais du Marais across the street. The food was very tasty and the service was very friendly. I had the foie gras and girlfriend and mother had the cannelloni. We washed it all down with some rose' and had the best chocolate mousse that I have EVER had (seriously- I am still talking about it and it's been a 3 weeks since we have eaten there.) We would definitely recommend. The atmosphere was wonderful with a quirky mix of Marilyn Monroe and animal prints.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We arrived late and tired, just wanting some onion soup. The restaurant looked very nice and was close to our hotel, so we went there. It's a shame we didn't go further and try elsewhere. The soup was OK - I've had worse - but the three small pieces of bread (between two) that accompanied it was a bit mean. When we asked for the bill, it bore no relation at all to what we had ordered. We were then told that the prices on the menu from which we had ordered didn't apply in the area where they happened to have seated us and that we therefore had to pay more for our drinks. We obviously refused to pay more than the menu said, but (even assuming this was a honest mistake on their part) we'd rate the place 0/10 for service. If you really want to eat here (its location is good and it's open late) at least check whether you will be charged what it says on the menu.

1  Thank Len T
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I ordered a glass of red wine but it had gone off. When I asked for another they brought it immediately, however. For my main course, I had an omelet - it arrived almost black. It wasn't so much that the food was bad that it was disappointing as the restaurant looked so hip from the outside.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

After 6 days in Paris, we had only good experiences with the service at restaurants, bistroes and coffee houses until we came to this place.
One thing is that the interior was ugly and the food was average, but the service was incredible bad!
The waitress ignored us totally, we tried several times before we got contact.
When she finally spoke to us, she seemed very arrogant and cranky.
The result was unfortunately an unpleasant meal, so our advice is: Do not go to this place!