“Too much fun!”

Culinary Tours of Paris
Ranked #6 of 184 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking tours of Paris that combine eating good food and exploring Paris' best neighborhoods.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked the August 6th tasting tour with John-Paul and his wife in Montmartre. The entire experience was fabulous from beginning to end and we agree with other reviewers who have placed this in the 'must do' category. The rabbit and trout dishes we enjoyed were superb! We even spotted Van Gogh's ear in a nearby alley --- it can't get better than that! Honestly, the only downside to what would have been a perfect day was a steady rain.

All reviews
"moveable feast"
in 11 reviews
"french cuisine"
in 24 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 35 reviews
in 17 reviews
"small group"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I took the Montmartre tour with John-Paul. This tour was my favorite portion of our 6 day trip to Paris. Our tour lasted over 3.5 hours, slightly more than advertised. We went to 3 restaurants and enjoyed fantastic food and wine/cider at each stop. The last stop included the best crepe I've ever tasted. John-Paul was a great guide, knowledgable about all that we saw and ate. He's low key and just fun to be with. Through just the right combination of walking and eating (with 3/4 of the time spent eating and drinking), we felt that we really got a true sense of this interesting neighborhood in Paris and had a wonderful time. John-Paul also provided some great restaurant recommendations for restaurants not on the tour, two of which we visited and both of which were terrific.

2  Thank whalrs4ever
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My sister, friend, and I recently had the pleasure of taking the Monmatre tour with John-Paul and his lovely wife, Julie. We were able to dine at three lovely restaurants. The food was amazing at all three. In addition, we got our choice of wine, beer, or other beverages. A truly nice touch. John-Paul and Julie were very informative about the Monmatre area. I highly recommend their tours. You will not be sorry. Our tour was well worth the money.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

John-Paul was a superb guide and tutor in introducing us to Paris' neighborhood cafes, their food and wine, on his outstanding Aperitif Tour. We learned about various tasty meats and cheeses, while sampling many superior local wines. Few tourists here, this was everyday Paris and we thoroughly enjoyed being immersed in their culture for 3 short hours. We highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to truly experience Paris' neighborhood culinary delights! The tour only accomodates a maximum of 6 and no one leaves hungry! John-Paul is a very personable, 5-star food/wine resource and the tour was worth every Euro!!

2  Thank Richard H
See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I went on a Monmartre tour last Saturday. The attendants were only 4, so we could have a small tour which I liked. The guide Jean-Paul was very friendly and patient (I went to several tours in various cities. I think there are always attendants who are so talkative that they make others uncomfortable and prevent others from concentrating on the tour guide. They are usually likely to show off their knowledge about the local area and stuff.)

Since we agreed to share our food, I could taste various kinds. For example, in a 2nd restaurant, 2 people ordered chicken, 1 person ordered rabbit thigh, Jean-Paul did fish and I id poultry. I could taste all of them. I think it's a good idea to share our food if you are into sharing food..

It was nice to be guided by a knowledgeable guide in Monmartre. I could learn French cuisine and Monmartre area. Cheese, Main course and Gallette were super satisfactory. Since the day was the last day of my Paris trip, I packed left over cheese with other attendants' agreement, so that I could have them for dinner on a plane back home. The cheese was still great up in the air.

Thanks, Jean-Paul. I had a great time in Monmartre!