“fantastic culinary experience and very attentive service”
Review of Le 114 Faubourg

Le 114 Faubourg
Reserve with
Le 114 Faubourg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I went there with a friend yesterday for dinner and had one of the best meals I can remember having in Paris. I will definitely come back to explore the menu further. Staff was genuinely friendly and nice, not to mention 100% efficient, speedy and attentive yet giving us space, exactly as it should be and as you would expect a top restaurant to have. My friend had his birthday and I jokingly mentioned it during our conversation when the waiter was there,and for dessert they brought it to him with a little candle wrapped in gold flakes! I had Homard for starters, Lotte for main, Chocolate souffle for dessert and we had a great Pouilly fume for wine.
We were kindly explained the difference between fume and fuisse when we asked.
My friend had King crab egg for starters and fish for main (can't remember what precisely). After dinner, we even got a little tour of the hotel next door (Le Bristol) and were shown the new bar. Fantastic place, I fully recommend it. I read a lackluster review in trip advisor and the person complained about everything including the adjacent table - we did not have neighbors and looking around, everybody had at least 2 tables between one another. I don't understand at all how that person managed to get such a bad experience in this wonderful place. I will remember the delightful chocolate souffle (and all the other meals) and perfect service, that's for sure.Even the reservation by phone was efficient and pleasant, if you have phoned restaurants in Paris you know that it is not a given...

1  Thank bunbunbun_d
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent post written on TripAdvisor website.

All 114 Faubourg team was delighted to read that you enjoyed so much Eric Desbordes’s cuisine and that service staff brought you expected attention.

We are also pleased that you could discover the Bristol, which 114 Faubourg is part of, and his Bar where Maxime Hoerth and his team offer a wonderful selection of cocktails.

Do not hesitate to call us again to speak with our reservation team to book a table for another fine-dining experience.

Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Le 114 Faubourg

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The food was excellent, especially the amuse bouche which was literally the best thing I have ever had. Our waiter was amazing, professional and attentive without being at all pretentious or hovering over us. I would absolutely recommend Le 144 Faubourg to anyone who is going to be in Paris!

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your last visit in our restaurant. We were particularly thrilled that you found our waiter amazing and professional, and we really appreciated that you refer to our Chef ‘amuse bouche as the best you ever tasted. We are also very proud to read you are recommending to the 114 Faubourg to everyone who will be staying in Paris!

Please be sure that we always do our best to make sure our guests are having the best dining experience ever.

We look very much forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

With very best regards,

Kevin Chambenoit
Directeur de la Restauration

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my partner whilst in Paris for valentines weekend. We had booked in advance, they only had the one menu available as it was valentines dinner and they had prepared it specially for the occasion.

We arrived about thirty minutes early but we were offered out table, we decided to sit in the bar instead, we were shown through the main lobby of the hotel Bristol which is the hotel the restaurant is inside a and to the bar. This is a really really nice hotel and the bar was amazing, with a roaring log fire.

Anyway on to the meal, the menu was 5 courses consisting of king crab, green asparagus velouté, meunière style sole, veal chop and coconut meringue. Every course was excellent and if the food from the usual menus is to this quality you will be impressed. We chose a bottle of red wine as well which we also loved.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was amazing due to the fact they had live music for valentines day with a lady walking around singing. They also had a prize draw at the end with some nice prizes and we got chocolates, a rose and balloons.

The service was amazing with the waitress who served us (unfortunately we don't remember her name) being great. She was helpfully and funny and made us feel really comfortable.

To sum up it was a great meal and one we will remember for a long time. I would recommend this restaurant and if you're thinking of going for valentines day I can definitely say you will be impressed.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read that you spent such a memorable Valentine evening with your partner within Le Bristol! It was a very nice idea to have a pick in our bar, as an introduction to your evening.

Great that you found the atmosphere so memorable, thanks to the organization of a singer during the evening, a great menu imagined by our executive chef Eric Frechon, a warm service, and a special decoration for this special occasion.

Your very kind description shows that you truly had a memorable evening, and that for sure is the best mark of recognition that we could ask for.

We do hope to be able to be welcoming you again, in a not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Never had a 'finer' meal, and never had a more expensive meal! No complaints from us as the quality justified the price, Photos show our food and along with our €65 bottle of wine made this a meal experience to remember.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

What a true pleasure to discover your comment, and what a joy to know that you will remember so fondly your meal at the 114 Faubourg.

That you stated that the quality, even for the expensiveness of our experience, is the finest you have experienced is a great compliment for all the team.

We do hope to be able to be at your service again.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

As the Bristol couldn't get us into Epicure anytime during our three day stay (in spite of being told hotel guests had priority), we agreed to have a meal in their other 'one star' restaurant. Limited selection, uninspiring preparation/taste (its been a few weeks and I can't remember what I had) and service that was minimalistic (guest at table next to us -- quite close -- left as we arrived and their dirty plates and glasses remained on the table throughout our meal).

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear guest,

It goes without saying that we were very disappointed to learn about your guest experience at the 114 Fauboug through your Trip Advisor posting.

I wish you would have brought to our attention, at a given point during your evening, that you were not having the experience you would have expected.

It is understood that it is unacceptable to be adjacent a table that is not maintained perfectly! It is also unforgivable that you did not receive the attentive service for which we are generally know.

If you would be kind enough to contact me by telephone or e-mail I would be keen to know when you were our Hotel guest. We do in fact give priority to our Hotel guests at our three-star Michelin restaurant Epicure; however, with 50 seats and 188 guest rooms, and many other guests visiting Paris who reserve a long time in advance, there are days when we will not be successful.

We regret that during the three days that you were our guest, that we were not able to be responsive!

My telephone is: 33.1.53.43.42.00, and e-mail: kchambenoit@lebristolparis.com

Hope to hear from you.

Kevin Chambenoit.
Food and Bevarage Director.