“Increable”
Review of Esens'All

Esens'All
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Esens'All is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,695 of 17,304 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Esens'ALL and its evolutionary and groundbreaking concept based on the element of surprise, through which Laurent our chef expresses his expertise and his vision of contemporary and sophisticated cuisine featuring rare products and organic farming. The customer stripped of its menu, is guided at the discretion of the market and seasonal products.
“Increable”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

As good as everyone says. The food is great but it is also unusual which should give it a Michelin star but it is so simple and unstuffy that it doesn't need any ratings. Try it you won't be disappointed!!!

• Visited August 2013

Perth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I would like to preface this by saying that we are not in any way picky diners, we are usually easy to please and highly optimistic about food.

We went to Esens'All because of the fantastic reviews on trip advisor and its safe to say almost nothing about the restaurant lived up to the hype, let alone the price. Of the 8 courses, only one was to the standard I would expect from a place like this, while the rest varied from average to poor.

I have an allergy to seafood and while the restaurant claims to take this into account they do a fairly poor job of it. 4 of our 8 courses contained seafood and in those courses I was given the same dish as my girlfriend but with a substitute (tofu for salmon, egg for haddock, pea puree for shrimp puree). There is nothing wrong with this in principal except that the sort of food they were serving was made up of very specifically matched flavours and there had clearly been no thought put into the alternatives to the standard dish.

Worst of all, on one occasion I was simply given a lemon and ginger broth by itself while my girlfriend had it with caviar (the centrepiece of the dish). Given we paid over 100 Euros for our meal I would expect to be given some sort of substitute.

All of these issues aside, the main problem was really the quality of food. My girlfriend felt her fish was cooked poorly on 2 occasions and for those dishes without seafood almost nothing was worth writing home about.

The one saving grace was the wines, which were beautiful and well matched (at least for the first two).

In 8 courses the only meat dish we were served was a singular chicken dish, so I would steer clear unless you are looking for seafood. Even then, my girlfriend who loves seafood was extremely disappointed.

I hate to write a negative review like this because as I said we are in no way fussy diners (and this is my first ever review, that's how strongly I felt). Trip adviser has been fantastic for us throughout Paris and it is such a shame to spend big on one special meal and have it be so terrible so we wanted to make sure other people knew.

P.S. The service was OK but the atmosphere is terrible

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank br0wns13
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Just Great”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant is simply my number one in Paris.
The concept of serving 6 or 8 courses without knowing up front what you will get is great. Of course you can tell the Chef if you are allergic to some food or really dislike things.
In general just have faith in Chef Laurent and let him guide you on an exciting journey for both your eyes and your taste buds!

Don't be distracted by the neighborhood as it is really not the nicest piece of Paris, but in the end Taste is king!

Enjoy!

Visited June 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb dinner”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Before I made a reservation to have dinner at Esens'all, I hadn't hear from it yet. Based on the good reviews I read on trip advisor I made a reservation. The personalized service from the waitress and chef Laurent is what I liked the most, I haven't seen a chef so busy in the restaurant while in the meantime keeping an eye on the kitchen operations. Great job! There are only 2 improvement points. First of all the explanations of the wine pairing combinations in connection with the specific ingredients of the dishes could be improved. The explanations given, could be more specific in why and how this wine is the best for this dish, or ingredient(s). Besides this, I think the setting of the restaurant could be improved, by means that the setting of the restaurant could be more cosy and warm, just like the service. But overall a great dinner, the 2 dishes I like the most were the garden beans soup in combination with feta cheese and a jelly of passionfruit even the the local seabass with wild green asparagus and the white and dark quinoa and an espuma based upon the green asparagus was an marvellous dish. Thanks for the great evening!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joep S
Bologna
“Extraordinary!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I visited that restaurant after the great review that I’ve read. So… there were true every single of them!
Essens all is not close to the center. It has 7 tables, not attached to each other like usually do in Paris and it is not fancy at all (in a good way).
The waitress was excellent! Great knowledge of the kitchen and wines, very helpful and always with a huge smile on her face!
We took the 8 courses menu which I have to admit that it was too much for me.
Every single course was great with a couple of picks on the meat dishes.
We have paid 210 Euros with 5 (in total ) different glasses of wines.
It wasn’t cheap but it worth the money!
I highly recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013