“An amazing meal and wonderful experience”
Review of Esens'All

Esens'All
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Esens'All is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,619 of 17,598 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Esens'ALL and its evolutionary and groundbreaking concept based on the element of surprise, through which Laurent our chef expresses his expertise and his vision of contemporary and sophisticated cuisine featuring rare products and organic farming. The customer stripped of its menu, is guided at the discretion of the market and seasonal products.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Myself and my husband had an amazing meal here during our visit to Paris last week. We opted for the full 8 courses with wine pairing, starting off with champagne. Every course was introduced by the chef and all dishes were truly memorable in their own right. I could list them all but our particular favourites were the sweetcorn cappuccino with pop corn which was such a surpise and delicious, as was the lobster served in a thai influenced broth and the sea bass with a beautiful green tea sauce. We also loved the lamb dish which was cooked to total perfection. We finished with 2 dessert courses, the first a beautfiul palette cleansing aloe vera based dish and then a chocolate course - before this we were offered a little flower bud to try which was from Japan and released wonderful aniseed flavours which were complimented by other elements in the dish. The wine pairings were all very good indeed, I'm not usually a lover of dessert wine, but it did add to the enjoyment of the dessert courses. It was lovely to chat to the chef after each dish and we really couldn't wait to see what was coming next, with every dish exceeding our expectations. The evening we visited it was just us and one other couple and the atmosphere was very relaxed and intimate - we felt very at home and welcome. If we are in Paris again, I will make sure we have a reservation at this restaurant as I would not miss the experience of eating here again. The whole evening was very special and an experience that defies a monetary value as we will always remember it. The chef really is inspired and it was a privilege to have him cook for us.

1  Thank Snowy23

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After the really positive reviews here on tripadvisor we decided to visit the restaurant. It's been a long time since we've last regretted a decision so much - it was a complete waste of time and money.
The restaurant itself is small and has space for around 20 guests. It lacks every atmosphere and it was not heated properly. The toilet opens right into the dining area.
The service was friendly but, as it was understaffed (1 waiter for 20 guests!!), was not at it's height.
The food was mediocre. We ordered the 6 course menu and the combination of flavors was odd, the fish - allegedly sea bass - was overcooked; the lamb with no taste at all.
We paid over EUR 200.- for two - this included the menu, 3 glasses of wine and a coffee, that's what I call a complete rip-off. We stayed during in other venues in Paris during our stay including Michelin star rated one's and got for the same amount or even less much, much more.
To summarize: stay away!

4  Thank FZul
Esensall r, Gérant at Esens'All, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Your comments are defamatory and are absolutely not reflecting your own experience as judging your many opinions (2), you are indeed not capable of giving an objective judgment, plus you do not have any palate and apparently don not know much thing about food has you did not even recognize the seabass or have enough discernment to enhance the quality of product and labor supplied.
Do you know many customers who still have a coffee in an establishment in which the food was mediocre?!?!
Then on top of it you are a liar or you have serious problems in mathematics because there was no 20 clients in the evening that you came and you did not pay more than € 200 as we are one of the best value for money in PARIS.
You have no respect for the human being and even less for his work and it is quite easy to criticize anonymously, but if you were really honest you would have expressed your dissatisfaction supposedly that evening and would left without waiting longer but you still want to stay in this establishment so warm in your eyes to enjoy a coffee and spend a little extra time because it is well worth the detour.
Thank you very much for your analysis unfounded and do not reflect the whole picture of the restaurant provided on this website and Cluster by other persons for their knowledge and realism of the current gastronomy market in Paris.
Moreover, it is a pity that I can not judge your professional work as I would have probably enjoy it

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This resturant has enormous potential. It is very small with only 7 tables and only one waiter who is also the maitre d. I belive it is also only one cook. The service from the waiter was excellent and she seemed genouinly happy for having us there. The fun thing about this resturant is that you dont know what food you order. You can only choose between 6 and 8 courses and you get served what the chef makes. It is also a cheap resturant. I belive it was 70 euros for 8 courses. This is probably because of the ingrediens used didnt seem very expensive and the portions where rather small. It also took awhile to get each dish. The whole service lasted 4 hours which is an hour to long in my opinion. I found the food too experimental also, some things just didnt work together and some dishes i felt lacked something. However nothing was bad except maybe the meat main course which turned out to be lamb with a sort of soy saus where the lamb seemed a tad dry and the saus was not good. Luckily the saus was poored around the meat so the dish wasnt ruined completly. That being said the experience was very enjoyable and alot of what i critisized can be forgiven due to the reasonable prices of the resturant. Given enough time i would come back to this resturant. I feel i have to mention that my wife loved the resturant, but this my review not hers.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is excellent because it has an owner who cares about getting the basics right. By that I mean good quality fresh produce, attentive but not overbearing service and competitive prices. Oh yes, and an amazing chocolate/sponge cake. Off there now for a 2nd visit

1  Thank My N
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked a table for my girlfriends birthday with slight scepticism due to there not being much on this restaurant except for on trip advisor. When we arrived the restaurant seemed quite empty but within 10 minutes it was full and all of the tables were full. The inside is very small only seating 5 tables but this works perfectly with the style of the restaurant. We opted for the 8 course tasting menu with wine pairing and the waiter allowed us to tailor it for anything we didn’t like. Every course was exceptional both in taste and presentation-the waiter explained every dish perfectly and the wine matching was spot on for each dish. Before coming to the meal, I emailed them asking if they could make some sort of birthday cake or something similar to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. This ended up being an amazing creation done at our table by the chef, using chocolate, crystallised pollen, almonds, cream, some liquorice tasting flowers and a sparkler. It was such a great end to a very good evening, when the bill came I was pleasantly surprised by the price, not the cheapest but very good value for what we just had. I would strongly recommend Essens’All to anyone visiting Paris!

1  Thank George T