“Not a tourist trap”

Saveur de Savoie
Ranked #10,082 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Lommel, Belgium
“Not a tourist trap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend chose this restaurant out of the many in the quartier latin. We took the 10€ menu and got what we expected. I had the calamares with some salad on the side that wasn't so bad and my girlfriend ordered the spinach and goat cheese quiche which also was very nice. As main course I ordered spaghetti Bolognese of which I've already eaten better examples and my girl had the vegetarian plate which she found lacked in taste. Lastly I had the chocolate mouse which was nice and plentiful. And my girlfriend had the apple pie which was good but very thin. Overall not a bad experience but hey what do some people expect from a 3 course meal for only 10€. So if you don't mind mediocre food and figured it out for yourself that for 10€ it won't be a star meal this is a good place to come and eat while being in the quartier latin.

Tasmania
“Delicious tartiflette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Whilst in Paris, we wanted the chance to have tartiflette - it did not disappoint and was made with proper reblochon cheese. The menu of 3 courses was great value and all courses were delicious.
One of our best meals on the trip. Strongly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Lucca, Italy
“Stay away from here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Tourist trap to be avoided .
Out menu is offered at 10 Euros , but the waiter brought the menu there is only one of 16 Euros , in addition to the a la carte menu . The menu at 10 Euros we are given only upon our specific request .
After eating an onion soup not so good we had to wait more than 20 minutes to get the cheese fondue (preparation time should be very short in a restaurant that serves it as the main course), after which we see the reason for delay: the cook was around outside the restaurant! At lunch time!
To all our requests to be served we were told that the food was ready and that they were going to bring to the table. After another 15 minutes we were impatient and we left the restaurant. We were charged € 7.50 for the soup (in the menu at 10 € was included another dish that we nevere had). We intentionally have not paid for the (bad) wine (bad).
No respect for customers? In the long run means no customers!

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank silverness
San Francisco, California
“Bon appetit?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Worst meal I have ever had in my life. Shoved in by the pouring rain and charmed by the idiot who somehow convinced us to enter. Make note: this establishment is completely disgusting in all aspects. I am frankly shocked that it is ranked so highly. It smelled of toilet cleaner on entry. It looked like a Minnesota hunting cabin with a deer on the wall, and fake wood overlay on the walls. The food: The cheeses were amongst the worst I have ever had. The French onion soup was inedible. The raclette was putrid, smelled vile. The mains arrived and we had enough. We were seated at the front, and eschewed warnings to those that entered to leave immediately. Thankfully one did. The maitre d' told my friend that he should shave his goatee lest someone think he to be Russian, because all Russians are evil. This was perplexing. The only benefit was the ability to make fun of this place for the rest of the trip. We were served by a fellow who looked like Lurch from the Addams family, and who threw down each plate with the signature cry of "Bon Appetit". How I have enjoyed emulating him for the past five months. In any case, avoid this place like the plague. Go to the Antalya restaurant down the street which is pretty good, and there is a Tunisian sweet shop that is quite good also. But don't eat here. Seriously.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank SugarSammy
Delft, The Netherlands
“Haute Savoie, not Haute Cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

As you can see by the faux mountain decor and the cheese-heavy menu, this place is a bit of a touristy fondue/raclette joint, but it doesn't do too bad of a job of it. My girlfriend's raclette with Grisons beef was quite tasty, and I was very impressed with a reasonably priced bottle of Bourgeuil wine. The roast lamb portion was tiny, however, prompting me to gain more familiarity with the raclette than anticipated. Best to stick with the cheese dishes of the Savoie region.

• Visited November 2013