“La belle crepe”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant for dinner on the 1st of July, after checking my crystal ball (i. e, TripAdvisor). The restaurant is not very far from the Sacrè Coeur, so it's quite convenient for a break after a visit to the church.
I was a bit concerned that this was just another place to feed the hungry hoards of tourists, which the Parisiens would disapprove. Surprisingly, there was a 'healthy' mix of French and foreigners, with predominance for the latter,of course, but still a good sign.
I went in a few minutes before 8 pm and I managed to get one of the three last available tables; the restaurant was full soon after. It's quite a small place (maybe 30 seats) that specialises in food from Bretagne, essentially galletes and crepes.
I had the Gallette Raclette du Chef, a huge savoury crepe, stuffed with potatoes, meat and cheese, topped with a fried egg and salad on the side. For dessert (yes, I managed to accommodate dessert) I had a caramel and salted butter crepe. The whole thing was washed down with beer from Bretagne, although I would have had cider if I knew what I know now.
The food was very tasty, nicely made and served quickly and with a smile. I'd probably preferred to feel the salt a bit more on the crepe, but who am I to criticise French cooking?...Friendly service, which is not to common in Paris.
All in all, at €25 for the two course meal with drink, an enjoyable experience, good value for money, a very positive surprise considering the tourist traps around and definitely a place I'll return to next time I'm in Paris and in that area.
Tips:
- the place is small and fills up quickly. Book ahead, go early or run the risk of having to wait for quite a while;
- portions are huge, you can live without dessert or starter. Still...make a "sacrifice" and stuff yourself (with all the walking you'll do in Paris, you'll digest all this quickly).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would absolutely eat here again many time! My husband and I actually found this restaurant through trip advisor originally. We went to Paris in May and decided we would try to go eat here. I do recommend getting a reservation, as they originally did not have any room. We ended up waiting for a spot to clear so we could try the restaurant. It was a fun experience as you sit very close to everyone in there, and it is a very small place. The staff was very friendly even though we did not speak any French (We tried). You have to get both the salty and sweet crepes here, and the cider. We loved everything we had here, and would recommend anyone go.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We are from Australia and walked from the Opera area to enjoy the best crepes in Paris.
We would highly recommend this experience to anyone visiting Paris.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Maybe I shouldn't post this until after we leave Paris but I've made it my business to try crepes and this was the best place I've ever been to. The complet with onions was dreamy and the salted caramel was oozing out of the crepe. Sometimes I wonder if people were just there on an off day that don't give this 5 stars since the crepes were amazing and the people were very kind and spoke English with some of the customers there. It is my new happy place in Paris.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I found this little gem on TripAdvisor offline after finishing at Sacre-Cour. It made every single stair climb worth it! My wife at the Traditional and I had the Crepe Du Chef(see picture). The warm ooey goeey goodness totally hit the spot and relaxed us on the spot. Try the Ciders they are yummy... and the simple Chocolate and Caramel dessert crepes finished off our meal perfectly.

Their waiters speak good English and they have menus printed in several languages to make ordering simple and easy.

Head here when you want a relaxing wonderful meal that isn't rushed! We enjoyed it so much when we returned to our hotel we recommended it to others that were going to Montamarte the next day.

1  Thank ColoradoHavens